Considering Working at Disney World

TheBeatles

HA! This post could have been mine! I spent 13 years in Michigan doing theatre and have been trying to get to Florida for Disney every single year. Now I can happily say TODAY I MOVED INTO ORLANDO!!! :sohappy:

I have an audition on Friday!

I'm leaving Michigan in January to work there!

wedway71

This article written by a former Disney employee might help you decide if working there is really worth it:

http://www.letstalkdisney.com/working-in-disney-world-behind-the-magic/

Interesting..... I read the entire article. Sorry, I did not buy into the whole anti Disney push from the Author.
I have been in Management for around 20 years. Is Disney bad because they have rules? Some people think Disney sucks because when they get hired, they think that they get to be on vacation and when they have to work or live by rules, they bash Disney.
The Author thinks disney is wrong for "Termination" of a cast member who gave his buddy a free hot dog,another who was late, and one who had to leave early.
Well I can assure you that there is NO company that allows stealing. The other person was fired after being late right after being late before that. Maybe that person has documented tardiness from previous times and this last one was he final straw. The girl who had to leave early.... well maybe, she leaves early all the time and puts the rest of her work area behind???
God forbid a new cast member should have to fill out paper work or go to an orientation-the mouse is so mean to make that happen.Whatever! If you go work for any company that does not make you fill out new hire paperwork, maybe want to go somewhere else.
The guy then complains about his GF not being able to stay with him. Well, thats the rules buddy! If she cant afford to stay at a hotel, thats not Disney's fault. If she got hurt in his room, they are liable, and this guy would be the first person to sue.
I realize Disney isnt perfect, but for Christ Sakes, it is a corporation and everything I read was very normal in the business world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom