Consider that bullet dodged

slappy magoo

Original Poster
We originally planned to be at WDW starting mid-August, but after spending time on the touring plans website, seeing how much more busy they were predicting it would be during our dates, my wife and I agreed to push things back a week. This would allow us the latest possible trip while still getting her and our kids home in time for the first days of school (she's a school librarian, and takes her attendance quite seriously).

Two days ago, she realized for the first time that our final day on property coincides with the first day of the Food and Wine Festival, something she always wanted to do.

So she asked me why I no longer love her.

Long story short, we now have 4 nights at Kidani (1BR standard), 5 nights at Bay Lake (1BR Lake) and then one night in a regular room in the non-DVC section of Beach Club, nabbing what seems to be a decent room-only price. I also nabbed the only remaining reservation for Cape May that morning for breakfast. We won't make ADRs the night F&W begins so we can "eat around the world." But we'll be able to get some pool time in the next morning, eat some breakfast then start the drive back.

And I think by then, she'll have forgiven me my transgressions.

acollins876

My trip is the same way. The past 3 trips have been late Sept/early Oct in the thick of F&W. This time we're leaving on the 30th when F&W begins. Fortunately, we have a late flight out and will get to roam Epcot and get in on it before we leave! I don't care about FPP this day...just roaming around and checking out the booths.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think We'll be there the same week! My husband and I decided to stay Yacht Club (We both have wanted to stay there for a while, but they don't get the discounts like some other resorts). We were going to go in Oct, but decided it is cheaper and less crowded, so off to the Yacht Club we go!

Bay Lake is on my future list as well!

Skibum1970

We originally planned to be at WDW starting mid-August, but after spending time on the touring plans website, seeing how much more busy they were predicting it would be during our dates, my wife and I agreed to push things back a week. This would allow us the latest possible trip while still getting her and our kids home in time for the first days of school (she's a school librarian, and takes her attendance quite seriously).

Two days ago, she realized for the first time that our final day on property coincides with the first day of the Food and Wine Festival, something she always wanted to do.

Long story short, we now have 4 nights at Kidani (1BR standard), 5 nights at Bay Lake (1BR Lake) and then one night in a regular room in the non-DVC section of Beach Club, nabbing what seems to be a decent room-only price. I also nabbed the only remaining reservation for Cape May that morning for breakfast. We won't make ADRs the night F&W begins so we can "eat around the world." But we'll be able to get some pool time in the next morning, eat some breakfast then start the drive back.

Well, as you know, I tend to cross lines that should not be crossed. You could go with the "Listen, I wanted the kids to get off on the right foot for the school year. Also, I didn't want to impact your attendance record."

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Well, as you know, I tend to cross lines that should not be crossed. You could go with the "Listen, I wanted the kids to get off on the right foot for the school year. Also, I didn't want to impact your attendance record."
Well the irony is, the dates we had were the dates she specifically asked for, figuring it would get us home in enough time to get the house back to rights, laundry washed and all that, before school starts. It's just that neither one of us knew at the time I booked our rooms that Food and Wine would be starting on checkout day. It wasn't even on my radar because I think of it as an autumnal thing.

But I guess if Halloween parties can start in August, so can Food & Wine.

Skibum1970

Well the irony is, the dates we had were the dates she specifically asked for, figuring it would get us home in enough time to get the house back to rights, laundry washed and all that, before school starts. It's just that neither one of us knew at the time I booked our rooms that Food and Wine would be starting on checkout day. It wasn't even on my radar because I think of it as an autumnal thing.

But I guess if Halloween parties can start in August, so can Food & Wine.

Sometimes, you can't completely win out but a trip to WDW is still a trip to WDW. We're going there during the second week of November and I'm hoping all the Christmas decorations will be up, particularly at the Wilderness Lodge. Really hoping that they don't run behind this year although I'm fairly certain that they have it down to a science.

NonnaT

Happy wife, happy life cannot be said often enough! Lol!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Sometimes, you can't completely win out but a trip to WDW is still a trip to WDW. We're going there during the second week of November and I'm hoping all the Christmas decorations will be up, particularly at the Wilderness Lodge. Really hoping that they don't run behind this year although I'm fairly certain that they have it down to a science.
They WILL be......:happy::happy::happy::happy: We went first week of November last year? Stayed at the WL and not sure which day but overnight....POOF! And I went to my first MVMCP! Snow and all....it was great fun. I have now been there when it went UP and DOWN!:cool::cool::cool:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Slappy good for you! Heck the laundry etc will still be there, and might as well max out the trip to please wife and the consequences will be minor and moot compared to the win win of FW and a librarian relaxed and ready for more sedate and quiet life upon return....ha. :happy:
Have a blast!!!!:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom