Connections Cafe and Eatery

Magic Feather

My one gripe with this is that its very clear that there came to be a point with this project where they realized that they still had space left and just decided to fill it with even more seating. I'm not sure of what else should have been used to fill the space (maybe another dining venue? a dessert stand perhaps? a stage for entertainment?), but there is no way the restaurant comes close to filling that dining room. Maybe if (hopefully when) Sunshine Seasons has to be taken out of commission for a refurb then it gets used more?

UNCgolf

My one gripe with this is that its very clear that there came to be a point with this project where they realized that they still had space left and just decided to fill it with even more seating. I'm not sure of what else should have been used to fill the space (maybe another dining venue? a dessert stand perhaps? a stage for entertainment?), but there is no way the restaurant comes close to filling that dining room. Maybe if (hopefully when) Sunshine Seasons has to be taken out of commission for a refurb then it gets used more?

I had a similar thought when I heard the capacity number.

EPCOT doesn't need something this size with the Land nearby and the plethora of dining options available at the World Showcase. The other parks all need that dining capacity more than EPCOT -- especially the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do not judge this until you've eaten here. I just finished my meal, and it is without a doubt incredible. From the indoor planters and CommuniCore sunken floors to the sleek lighting and classic floor to cieling windows, it's incredible.
Wow, you can eat the planters and the floor and the lights?! Can you even eat the dishes?

castlecake2.0

I think it will get used a lot for people not necessarily eating but just needing a place to sit and recharge. Now especially with Mobile Order making it impossible to go inside a most QSRs without showing your order is ready, this could be a good spot for people to get out of the heat for a bit. But I agree, it looks to big for what was needed.

Indy_UK

Least there's somewhere people can't moan about a lack of seating. Same that it's a bit of a walk from World Showcase as I would take my food from there to eat rather than on top of a trashcan.

vikescaper

I would have liked to see them put Club Cool on this side instead of with Creations.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Least there's somewhere people can't moan about a lack of seating. Same that it's a bit of a walk from World Showcase as I would take my food from there to eat rather than on top of a trashcan.
Thirty feet into Morocco there's a totally unmarketed covered bar. Seats. Shade. Drinks. No other guests. Use that as your secret Festival dining!

JAB

Peoplemover skylights? Did I miss that in the pics?

The skylights in Connections (covered by drop ceilings during the Innoventions/Electric Umbrealla era) were originally part of a corridor that ran through the Communicore buildings. Word is that there were plans to have a PeopleMover between SSE and the lagoon, and it would have run through the Communicore buildings along these corridors.

Obviously that idea got scrapped, but I'm guessing that's what they're referring to when they called them the "PeopleMover skylights."

1650809623715.png
1650809780419.png

WDWJoeG

Some before and afterish shots

At least back then (even though it was garish) when I went into that space I felt "I'm in Epcot". I knew instantly where I was and it was unique, fun, and reinforced my experience that I can't get anywhere else.

With this new generic, bland space it looks like "I'm, well, anywhere they build a new food court today".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom