Connections Cafe and Eatery

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think it’ll definitely be less busy inside Connections once the rest of World Celebration opens, with all the seating areas being added
Is there a significant amount of seating under construction? It's been so long at this point that I don't remember what is coming anymore. Other than they are rebuilding a building they knocked down for a building that was never built (and never should have even seen the outside of a conference room it was so bad).

tparris

Is there a significant amount of seating under construction? It's been so long at this point that I don't remember what is coming anymore. Other than they are rebuilding a building they knocked down for a building that was never built (and never should have even seen the outside of a conference room it was so bad).
I’ve seen seating integrated into some of the new planters in World Celebration, and based on concept art there will likely be plenty of benches as well

James Alucobond

Because maybe it's the only place people can sit down in FW right now that isn't in The Land? Nah...
Electric Umbrella was already basically the only place in the previous iteration of the hub that had any meaningful seating anyway. If you wanted to sit anywhere in the plaza itself, you had to either scale the edge of a tall planter or plop down underneath one of the awning supports. Connections is simply more popular and likely will continue to be.

That said, I agree with @tparris that it looks like they’re integrating a significant amount of seating into the hardscaping around the gardens, Communicore Hall, and the path toward The Land, so that should help spread out non-diners.

Last edited:

tparris

The menu has been updated recently at Connections Eatery. Two items have been changed: the Southwestern Burger has been replaced by the plant-based California Burger, and the Curry-spiced Pizza has been replaced by the Margherita Pizza, which I got today (as you can see, it doesn’t entirely match the menu photo 1:1).
IMG_4677.jpeg
IMG_4676.jpeg
IMG_4678.jpeg
IMG_4679.jpeg

Clamman73

The menu has been updated recently at Connections Eatery. Two items have been changed: the Southwestern Burger has been replaced by the plant-based California Burger, and the Curry-spiced Pizza has been replaced by the Margherita Pizza, which I got today (as you can see, it doesn’t entirely match the menu photo 1:1).View attachment 726668View attachment 726669View attachment 726670View attachment 726671
I'm a little miffed they also got rid of the meatball pizza which I thought was pretty good. (for Disney Pizza)

SoFloMagic

donsullivan

Premium Member
If it goes back to the level of the Electric Umbrella menu....I'd be okay with it...Gourmet sandwiches and starbucks are for the springs...Not the parks..
Oh dear god no. Electric Umbrella was the worst counter serve location (food quality and service) on property for over a decade. I really like the range of menu items and quality at Connections. I do desperately hope is doesn’t slowly get homogenized back to just burgers and fries like so many other locations do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom