Confusion about fastpass+ and 9 day ticket

minnie2000

Original Poster
I have booked a trip to WDW in July, and have bought tickets and linked them to My Disney Experience. The tickets are 9 day tickets which were on offer for the price of 7 days. I have made fastpass reservations for 7 of those days, but the system will not allow me to make any more. All days are within 30 days from now. Is this something to do with the ticket? I thought that I would be able to reserve fast passes for every day that we will be at the parks.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Last edited:

dixiegirl

Funny you ask this because I ran into the same problem...But I didn't know if it had to do with us doing a split stay...Anxious to hear any feedback on this.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I have booked a trip to WDW in July, and have bought tickets and linked them to My Disney Experience. The tickets are 9 day tickets which were on offer for the price of 7 days. I have made fastpass reservations for 7 of those days, but the system will not allow me to make any more. All days are within 30 days from now. Is this something to do with the ticket? I thought that I would be able to reserve fast passes for every day that we will be at the parks.

Does anyone know anything about this?

If you are not staying at a WDW resort, you are limited to FP+ reservations on a maximum of 7 unique days up to 30 days in advance. In the scenario you have described you will not be able to book FP+ reservations for your day 8 until you have used (or let expire) your reservations for your day one. Then, on day 2 you'll only have reservations for 6 days so you can make reservations for day 8. Same thing after your day 2, on day 3 you can book your day 9.

This is the same model that is used for all non-WDW hotel guests including Passholders.

Last edited:

Rob562

If you do not staying at a WDW resort, you are limited to FP+ reservations on a maximum of 7 unique days up to 30 days in advance. In the scenario you have described you will not be able to book FP+ reservations for your day 8 until you have used (or let expire) your reservations for your day one. Then, on day 2 you'll only have reservations for 6 days so you can make reservations for day 8. Same thing after your day 2, on day 3 you can book your day 9.

This is the same model that is used for all non-WDW resort guests including Passholders and all non WDW resort stay guests.

Interesting. I knew about the 7-day max for AP holders, but this was the first time I've heard that it applied to off-site MYW tickets of more than 7 days...

(In my opinion, it should be for the number of days on the MYW ticket, which has a max of 10 anyway, and 10 days for AP's)

-Rob

minnie2000

Original Poster
Thank you Donsullivan, that explains it then. :)

It's good to know that I will be able to reserve fast passes for the other days when we are two days into the holiday.

Now all I need to do is get this countdown thingy working.... :mad:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Interesting. I knew about the 7-day max for AP holders, but this was the first time I've heard that it applied to off-site MYW tickets of more than 7 days...

(In my opinion, it should be for the number of days on the MYW ticket, which has a max of 10 anyway, and 10 days for AP's)

-Rob

I believe the way it plays out is you can make reservations for:
- 10 consecutive days up to 60 days in advance for WDW hotel guests
- 7 unique (do not need to be consecutive) days up to 30 days in advance for any non WDW hotel guest (including Passholders).

I have a friend (Passholder) who has a family trip coming up in July who had all of their FP+ booked for their whole trip. He decided to make a quick weekend trip at the tail end of SWW and was unable to make any FP+ reservations in advance since he already had more than 7 days reserved.

There will always be some random scenario that the fine details of the rules don't cover but for the most part it seems to play out pretty reasonably for most people now that it's pretty much all in place.

Last edited:

docdebbi

dixiegirl's comment got me thinking
we have a split stay coming up and i assumed i could book the whole 9 days at my 60 day out mark since it is 2 disney properties. but guess i can only get the first 4 days until 60 from the second reservation opens up?

is that true? cause that will sure make me not do split stay anymore.....

MadMax11

dixiegirl's comment got me thinking
we have a split stay coming up and i assumed i could book the whole 9 days at my 60 day out mark since it is 2 disney properties. but guess i can only get the first 4 days until 60 from the second reservation opens up?

is that true? cause that will sure make me not do split stay anymore.....

I think as long as both of your hotel reservations are on Disney properties it won't be an issue for you. The problem would be if you're splitting up your stay with a Disney hotel and an off-site hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom