Confused??? Why is the Sword and the Stone show featured in the new commercials?

Belle4ever22

OK
1st. I love that show, I wish they still did it! I was picked as a kid and I was the one that pulled the sword out of the stone. It's odd that they would put the show in the commercial.

2nd. I had peter pan sneak up behind me and scare me while I was talking on my cell phone. Windy had to get him to "stop bugging me" even tho it was the opposite. I was so happy lol.

DisneySaint

Now if you want to get serious on the blatant misrepresentations, play the the WDW DVD Planner Drinking Game:

Take a drink when...
-you see someone walking on grass in a park
-you see a ride that is no longer in existence
-you see a guest walk right up to Mickey with no one else around
-you see a ride represented by pre-built artist's rendition (ex. people standing in the ToT)
-you see a chef talking to the guests at their table (V&A excluded)
-they imply that two attractions are close to each other when they are not
-you see a character riding the attraction with a guest

There you go.

In 8 1/2 years on WDW magic, this is the single funiest post I have ever seen.

RSoxNo1

I could easily see the Sword and the Stone be a component, or perhaps even the "finale" of the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom interactive game.

nemofinder22

Because they use the same add for both parks I'm guessing. And DL still has their show. Anyway, I loved that show and I could see Merlin coming back with hime being the new host of the MK interactive game.

I also noticed that, and thought it was odd. Does Disneyland actually still do the show? I've never seen it there.

More surprising than anything, I thought, was the mainstream pop choice of music. It's the first time I could recall Disney using a mainstream song (might have happened before, but I've never noticed) in an ad. Maybe Disney is trying to stay hip?

DL also ended the show I believe in Aug 2008 :(

Disney05

Watched a kid pull out the sword right before labor day 2009. Can't remember who the CM was though. Wasn't Merlin but I remember him having an English accent. Have to see If I have any pictures.

fngoofy

In 8 1/2 years on WDW magic, this is the single funiest post I have ever seen.

Thank you. It's a brutal game, but you feel like you've accomplished something in the end. I needed to amend the chef one for the food allergy exception.

Also, depending on your demographic, (you get different edits of the DVD depending on if you are with or without kids, etc.) you can:
-Drink when they show a child.
or at the pro level
-Drink when you see recycled stock park footage (one sip for each 5ys of age you guesstimate it to be.
and along those lines
-Finish your drink if you see the stock shot of Main St. that pans from Tony's, across the park as they follow two little kids running (no crowd at all.)
-Finish your drink if you notice the staged land shots with more than 50% of the people wearing red shirts (I'm looking at your New Tomorrowland night shot)
-Finish if you hear ride audio that is dubbed, but not the actual audio (the souvenir DVDs are all this way, more so than the planner.)

Anyone with other options please post.

Skipper03

On vacation in 2007 my wife & I were taking a break on Main Street, sitting on the floor of an empty gift shop, when one of main street streetmosphere ladies sat down right next to us... louding talking about random stuff, it was so fun! One of our favorite memories...

We talked for 2 or 3 mintues until a crowd was wondering over... then she got up to mingle... but the random interaction for sure happens!

Pooh played with my 3 year old neice on a different trip!

mp2bill

Now if you want to get serious on the blatant misrepresentations, play the the WDW DVD Planner Drinking Game:

Take a drink when...
-you see a ride represented by pre-built artist's rendition (ex. people standing in the ToT)
-you see a chef talking to the guests at their table (V&A & food allergies excluded)

There you go.

Hahahaha! Awesome.

Cosmic Commando

TV shows are notorious for that. I watched the Boy Meets World the other day where they go to Disney and the number of times they went between Epcot and Magic Kingdom in a day was crazy.
I don't remember the Boy Meets World episode, but The Muppets at WDW has to be the worst. As they are breaking into MGM, Bean says, "Hey Scooter! C'mon, I'll show you It's a Small World!" The next time we see Bean and Scooter, they are at the jumping fountains by Imagination. After riding BTMRR, someone tells Miss Piggy, "C'mon, Star Tours is over this way!" No explanation about how they are getting into the other parks or moving around property.

Next Big Thing

I disagree, I have seen (and gotten pictures with) characters on their way to and from greeting points interact with guests. I have also seen characters in very informal meeting spots. Examples would be: Alice characters by the teacups, pooh characters in the back of UK, and Brer Fox & Bear by the shooting arcade.

Take a drink when...
-you see a chef talking to the guests at their table (V&A & food allergies excluded)

There you go.
To be fair, you definitely CAN walk on the grass in pretty much 3 of the four parks (i don't even know if there is grass spots to walk on at DAK) and at certain times (park opening and late in extra magic hours), characters DO ride on Dumbo with guests still. So some of that you do see.

(And in DL you do see quite frequently characters pull children aside and talk to them/spend a few minutes with them. Very different character experience there. However, this isn't DL.)

Fable McCloud

I love when TV shows do that, because then all the people who know the real layout are sitting there, jaws agape, thinking "I wish I could magically jump from park to park without waiting for a bus or driving 20 minutes in Orlando traffic!"

MarkTwain

Because they use the same add for both parks I'm guessing. And DL still has their show. Anyway, I loved that show and I could see Merlin coming back with hime being the new host of the MK interactive game.

Disneyland lost its show a few years ago, sadly.

castlecake2.0

When I was working on the Disney Dream, when we had time off to enjoy areas of the ship fellow crew and I would always do it "DVC Video Style". You know, like skipping down staircases, pointing to other friends and or family, cheersing (non-alcaholic) drinks gleefully by the quiet cove pool, trying on mickey hats and making eachother laugh in the shops, ohh it was fun lol.

My son pulled the sword from the stone in March of this year. I was very surprised!

Mickey and Minnie also rode the same circuit of Dumbo with us (not in our elephant unfortunately though!), also in March of this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom