Confused??? Why is the Sword and the Stone show featured in the new commercials?

Communicore

I don't remember the Boy Meets World episode, but The Muppets at WDW has to be the worst. As they are breaking into MGM, Bean says, "Hey Scooter! C'mon, I'll show you It's a Small World!" The next time we see Bean and Scooter, they are at the jumping fountains by Imagination. After riding BTMRR, someone tells Miss Piggy, "C'mon, Star Tours is over this way!" No explanation about how they are getting into the other parks or moving around property.

They should have a show too set in DLR where someone says I have to take the monorail to get to DCA from DL!

Communicore

Isn't this a chicken and the egg kinda thing? It could also be that the random interactions were so great, word got out, and demand started to increase. Eventually you would have reached a point where the characters would have a mob of people with line-cutting and hurt feelings around them when they were trying to roam... hence the queue system that we have now.

In that much maligned "Club 626" in Tomorrowland, Stitch, Pluto, Goofy and Chip n' Dale dance with everyone, and there are mobs of people around them and a lot of irate parents that their kid got brushed off or whatnot. So I agree that they should just have the M&G system. :lol:

hrcollectibles

They also have random roaming character interactions in the commercials for WDW which is blatant false advertising. Particularly grating is the one where Evil Queen sneaks up on the kid behind the carousel. Gotta wonder if it's intentional or the PR people have no clue how entertainment operates.

Would this be considered false advertising as well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brvybZkFn-E

Nowhere in the new ad does it say the Evil Queen sill sneak up on your kid. Perhaps they should have disclaimer like they have in car commercials (These are trained professionals on a closed track)

Neverland

the sword still works, i have a friend that is a tour guide at WDW and she says she takes the kids (on private tours) to the sward and they do pull it out, She said they have a cast member push the button when they pull. She was talking about it in may so it is still currently in operation.

BTW the commercial never showed the actual show, just the sword being pulled from the stone

The sword is definitely still used, daily. Certain Fantasyland CMs are trained how to do it and make magical moments with it if they have a bit of free time. It's a bit like Push the trash can. It's not as simple as just pushing a button though, which is why you don't see the sword go up more often.

Also, the Mad Hatter rode the teacups when I was there on Friday. Characters going on rides happens.

gljvd

They also have random roaming character interactions in the commercials for WDW which is blatant false advertising. Particularly grating is the one where Evil Queen sneaks up on the kid behind the carousel. Gotta wonder if it's intentional or the PR people have no clue how entertainment operates.

in epcot last june we sat on the wall by usa and goofy came out and proposed to my gf. Just gotta get lucky on timing

skellington22

New Fantasyland expansion... news is that there would be a (epcotesque kim possible) merlins missions at magic kingdom.. where kids will be able to roam magic kingdom trying to stop evil queen from taking over the kingdom... Merlin will have his own area were he dispenses the devices for kids.... " this is what i have been hearing from some of the other cast members"

Cosmic Commando

In that much maligned "Club 626" in Tomorrowland, Stitch, Pluto, Goofy and Chip n' Dale dance with everyone, and there are mobs of people around them and a lot of irate parents that their kid got brushed off or whatnot. So I agree that they should just have the M&G system. :lol:
That sounds terrifying. You know the characters draw straws to see who gets to go swim in the sea of children that night.

Neverland

That sounds terrifying. You know the characters draw straws to see who gets to go swim in the sea of children that night.

It's not as bad as it sounds. I have a friend who is very close friends with Stitch, and hangs out with him at the dance party all the time. She always has a blast and Stitch pays attention to all the kids. What people get mad about is that the characters aren't taking photos or signing autographs, but it's the character attendant that gets the brunt of that.

Also, I just remembered that Stitch is a roaming character when he's not at Club 626. During the day, he doesn't have a designated meeting spot, and just sorta roams around Tomorrowland wreaking havoc. Characters do roam around sometimes!

Fantasmic

I don't remember the Boy Meets World episode, but The Muppets at WDW has to be the worst. As they are breaking into MGM, Bean says, "Hey Scooter! C'mon, I'll show you It's a Small World!" The next time we see Bean and Scooter, they are at the jumping fountains by Imagination. After riding BTMRR, someone tells Miss Piggy, "C'mon, Star Tours is over this way!" No explanation about how they are getting into the other parks or moving around property.

That's cause all muppets have the ability to teleport. Duh. :ROFLOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5szyZQ1GOiY

Most of the scenes appear to have been shot at Disneyland, with the exception of the ones showing Cinderella Caste.

EVERY scene in that is at Disneyland, The castle at the end is clearly superimposed!
Thing is, most "joe public" wouldn't know the difference :zipit:

Phonedave

Yep. Merlin was there and talked about the sword in the stone and had various people come up and try to pull it. When I saw the show, they had a HUGE beefy guy try it, and then this little kid was the one who was able to pull it out. It was very cute.
I don't see why they woudl discontinue it, other than, I guess it creates a crowd smack in the middle of a very busy part of fantasyland, but I felt it was a really great part of the magic, and it couldn't have cost much to have merlin come out for 10 minutes every few hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNaXlwvIcg

Yeah, it was a pretty nice show. My daughter got picked once to pull out the sword. She got a medal and a certificate for her effort :)

-dave

InLikeFlynn

It's not as bad as it sounds. I have a friend who is very close friends with Stitch, and hangs out with him at the dance party all the time. She always has a blast and Stitch pays attention to all the kids. What people get mad about is that the characters aren't taking photos or signing autographs, but it's the character attendant that gets the brunt of that.

Also, I just remembered that Stitch is a roaming character when he's not at Club 626. During the day, he doesn't have a designated meeting spot, and just sorta roams around Tomorrowland wreaking havoc. Characters do roam around sometimes!

We had a blast at the 626 parties on our recent trip (we did the Halloween party 3 times).
My teenaged son became pals with Goofy and a awesome Photopass girl....he and my dd danced with Stitch quite a bit too (dd had a Stitch 626 costume). I have seen the dance floor packed a few times but for the most part I've never witnessed scary crowds and shoving. Although dd did catch an elbow and almost got a black eye from Mickey at his backyard BBQ in May. He was dancing like a wild mouse. :eek:

jmick71

The sword is definitely still used, daily. Certain Fantasyland CMs are trained how to do it and make magical moments with it if they have a bit of free time. It's a bit like Push the trash can. It's not as simple as just pushing a button though, which is why you don't see the sword go up more often.

Also, the Mad Hatter rode the teacups when I was there on Friday. Characters going on rides happens.

than how is it done, cuz my friend said there is a remote that operates it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom