:confused: Soarin' Changes??? Need More Info :confused:

Chape19714

I agree 100% with Yoda! FL is great, but there is not the huge diversity in landscape that California has. It's a 5 minute film, 5 minutes is filled great with California, but I don't think the same for FL. Yes, I'm a native, I just think horizions need to be broadened, and the film should involve the US.

PhilharMagician

I personally would like to see the capacity issue changed. It has now been over 1 year since the introduction of Soarin to Epcot and the wait times have not even slightly been reduced and typically see above 90 minute almost every day and 120 - 150 is not uncommon. Also the Fastpasses are still gone between 12:00 and 2:00 almost every day. The popularity of this ride is absolutely amazing. The only way I will even attempt to go on the ride is to arrive as soon as the park opens and get right in there along with the other 2000 people. I really hope a third theater is added.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
PhilharMagician said:
I personally would like to see the capacity issue changed. It has now been over 1 year since the introduction of Soarin to Epcot and the wait times have not even slightly been reduced and typically see above 90 minute almost every day and 120 - 150 is not uncommon. Also the Fastpasses are still gone between 12:00 and 2:00 almost every day. The popularity of this ride is absolutely amazing. The only way I will even attempt to go on the ride is to arrive as soon as the park opens and get right in there along with the other 2000 people. I really hope a third theater is added.
In regards to expansion, Soarin is really all that side of Future world has at the moment. I wonder if they are waiting to see if the living seas and maybe a revamped JII will pull some guests away form Soarin thereby relieving the congestion. If they don't succeed in doing that expansion will definitely be something to consider.

PhilharMagician

Master Yoda said:
In regards to expansion, Soarin is really all that side of Future world has at the moment. I wonder if they are waiting to see if the living seas and maybe a revamped JII will pull some guests away form Soarin thereby relieving the congestion. If they don't succeed in doing that expansion will definitely be something to consider.

I don't think that TLS ride will do anything to reduce Soain's crowds. TLS is already busy so how many more people can you cram into there? Now if JIYI was to change and people started going there well maybe that would take some of the load off of LWTL or COL, but it will not change the fact the Soarin is a mild but wild type ride that all can ride and there is nothing alse like it anywhere so people will wait to ride it no matter what.

relloron

As some people were saying I think a "Soarin' over America" would be good.

You could have The Statue of Liberty, the Grand Canyon, the White House, the Blue Ridge Mountains, lots of stuff. It'd definitly be interesting. Then of course you wind right back up at Disney World. =)

SGT623

Why change it at all? I think it's perfect as it is. Who's cares if it all takes place in one state? Most of those scenes could be from anywhere. Leave an awesome ride alone.

JJHale

When DW and I were at WDW last September we chanced to spend quite a while with the Soarin' project manager who oversaw the attraction's construction. I asked him the very same question, "Would the film ever change?" He replied with a smile, "Well, just remember, this attraction was imported for Disneyland's 50th anniversary celebration. That ends in October '06." He went on to say that another film was already in production and that the film would indeed change in the not too distant future. Keep your fingers crossed!

jedimaster1227

JJHale said:
When DW and I were at WDW last September we chanced to spend quite a while with the Soarin' project manager who oversaw the attraction's construction. I asked him the very same question, "Would the film ever change?" He replied with a smile, "Well, just remember, this attraction was imported for Disneyland's 50th anniversary celebration. That ends in October '06." He went on to say that another film was already in production and that the film would indeed change in the not too distant future. Keep your fingers crossed!

Sounds good to me as long as they keep the orange grove and ocean breeze smells.:D

KrazyKemp

Of course, if they changed the attraction to Soarin over America, I wonder if that would change the ride time...

Soarin over California took 4 minutes...is it possible to Soar over all of America in 4 minutes?

Maybe 5...:lol:

TP2000

Florida is lovely. But it's flat, flat and flatter. The beaches, cities, suburbs, country and wilderness in Florida are all flat. Flat doesn't make a good movie simulator experience.

I'd be surprised if a new movie debuts at Epcot's Soarin' within 12 or 18 months. I would think that news would have already leaked out because the film would already be in production. Someone would have spotted the HD camera strapped to a helicopter leased by WDI, and the Internet would have found out within days. Or even more likely, when WDI flies the HD camera around the Statue of Liberty, or the Sears Tower, or the St. Louis Gateway Arch, or Mt. Rushmore, or the Grand Canyon, or the Space Needle, the local news would cover it as a nightly puff piece. When WDI does finally begin producing a new film for Epcot's Soarin', we'll all know.

But as a native Californian, I don't mind having the original Soarin' film at Epcot for another 2 or 3 years. It's an excellent commercial for the great state of California. Every hour another 1,200 people from around the world get a fabulous commercial for California; every hour, every day, 365 days a year. Millions and millions of people per year see that film. The California state tourism board couldn't buy that much airtime for nationwide TV commercials with all the money in the world. Luckily, California isn't flat. :cool:

disneygirl746kt

My brother is a CM at Epcot and he has been saying that the change from California to Florida should come soon. They wanted to have something there when they opened Soarin' and that is why California is there now. That is one reason why it's just called Soarin' instead of "Soarin' Over California". They want to be able to change the program.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
TP2000 said:
Florida is lovely. But it's flat, flat and flatter. The beaches, cities, suburbs, country and wilderness in Florida are all flat. Flat doesn't make a good movie simulator experience.

I'd be surprised if a new movie debuts at Epcot's Soarin' within 12 or 18 months. I would think that news would have already leaked out because the film would already be in production. Someone would have spotted the HD camera strapped to a helicopter leased by WDI, and the Internet would have found out within days. Or even more likely, when WDI flies the HD camera around the Statue of Liberty, or the Sears Tower, or the St. Louis Gateway Arch, or Mt. Rushmore, or the Grand Canyon, or the Space Needle, the local news would cover it as a nightly puff piece. When WDI does finally begin producing a new film for Epcot's Soarin', we'll all know.

l:
While it is possible that something would have leaked out it would not take much to keep it a secret. First it is quite possible and very probable that they will do the production under a different name. We all know how the property in Florida was purchased under many different names and even more recently the domain name VMK.com was purchased under a name other than Disney. Not only could they do this to keep the filming on the QT but they can save a ton of money on the production cost. The powers that be would definitely charge Disney more money to do a fly through of the Grand Canyon then they would M.T. Lot film productions.

Bluewaves

If its soarin'over jersey its a good thing its next to a parking lot they could just pump in the exhaust fumes, just joking as a Jersey native, lol. As long as the thunderbirds are in the new film, lol.

jedimaster1227

disneygirl746kt said:
My brother is a CM at Epcot and he has been saying that the change from California to Florida should come soon. They wanted to have something there when they opened Soarin' and that is why California is there now. That is one reason why it's just called Soarin' instead of "Soarin' Over California". They want to be able to change the program.

I really hope that they make it Soarin' Over Florida but whatever they replace it with, I will miss Soarin' Over California and its amazing score! Can't wait till we get our own though.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
jedimaster1227 said:
I really hope that they make it Soarin' Over Florida but whatever they replace it with, I will miss Soarin' Over California and its amazing score! Can't wait till we get our own though.
While I am pretty confident the movie will change I don't see any reason why they would change the music.

M:SpilotISTC12

Soarin over Florida would be cool. I would love to see it happen soon. Im more excited about the different smells that Im going to smell on this new movie.

RSoxNo1

Here's the thing. Soarin' over Florida wouldn't be horrible, but it would pale in comparison to the California one that's there now. Sure, there are beautiful areas of Florida that can be showcased, as well as many tourist attractions. However, these areas arent' as recognizeable as the areas in the California video.

With that said, I'm almost certain that we have confirmation from those in the know (Lee, Corrus) that there will not be a Florida video.

To me, a Soarin' over America video makes sense. I only wish, they had constructed the building in one of the world showcase pavillions and used the same set up to present a different culture, and bring a little more life into World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom