CFDjtKcUkAE1_K1.jpg
CFDjTEJUUAAtY8y.jpg

From @AdventureWithCS on Twitter

And a few Instagram photo links

https://instagram.com/p/2tQqglt1jv/
https://instagram.com/p/2tPzz4t1ii/
https://instagram.com/p/2tPYD3t1h7/

Nextinline

Definitely looks great, no question. The area finally has some character that makes sense and works aesthetically for the area and the park.

BUT.... not sure how I feel about the Soarin' show building. Its a very large, highly visible green building that sort of kind of looks like an airplane hanger. It doesn't fit well. I'm sure the budget for this makeover was tight, so hopefully we see some improvement down the road.

While I'm complaining, I'm also not a huge fan of the brown PVC pipe looking railings. They are too stark of a contrast the natural elements that should dominate the national park motif.

All around I'm very excited to see it though! Huge improvement.

FerretAfros

Love the poster that includes some familiar friends from a movie knows as Bambi:

CFDw61GUEAABQdB.jpg
The "Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires" campaign originally featured the Bambi characters, shortly after the film came out (featuring a climactic forest fire). After the US Forest Service's agreement with Disney ran out, they developed Smokey the Bear, who has been the face of the campaign ever since

Smokey also appeared in "In the Bag", the short starring Humphrey the Bear and J Audobon Woodlore that was also the origins of "The Humphrey Hop" song. Given Disney's legacy with the forest fire ad campaign, and the new name of the burger joint in the land, this acknowledgement of it makes a lot of sense. I'm also glad that the character reference isn't overly obvious, and that the artwork seems to match the setting

wdrive

Anyone know if anything is happening with the Minnie meet and greet that used to happen in Condor Flats? Minnie disappeared completely from DCA when Condor Flats went down and Disney confirmed on the Parks Blog website that she'd be back in Grizzly Peak.

Bairstow

I like everything about this themeing except losing the name "Condor Flats".

Did they keep the original name in any of the new signage?

wdrive

I like everything about this themeing except losing the name "Condor Flats".

Did they keep the original name in any of the new signage?

The only place I know so far is on the gas pumps outside Humphrey's store. The pumps have 'Condor Gas' on them.

Figments Friend

Word is the new digital presentation of Soarin is great.
Crisp and clear, no fuzziness in the frame, and no dirt specks that look like *boulders*.

The finished area looks nice. MUCH better then the previous concrete expanse.
The retro touches add a nice feel to the lusher surroundings.

Rufus T Firefly

Smokey also appeared in "In the Bag", the short starring Humphrey the Bear and J Audobon Woodlore that was also the origins of "The Humphrey Hop" song. Given Disney's legacy with the forest fire ad campaign, and the new name of the burger joint in the land, this acknowledgement of it makes a lot of sense. I'm also glad that the character reference isn't overly obvious, and that the artwork seems to match the setting
There are a number of nature walks posted on a notice outside Humphrey's. The walks are given by none other than Ranger Woodlore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom