Concierge?!?! Is it worth it?

alifares

My family and i are planning a trip for next year. We are contemplating staying on a concierge floor at one of the deluxe rooms? Is it really worth the money or is this money better spent somewhere else.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you can afford to do it, do it. Concierge has its bennies....mostly they arrange and schedule stuff for you. Also, most have some type of food out at all times, and at meal times they have significant offerings that can sub for an actual meal.

We stayed in Concierge on our honeymoone and would do it again when we can afford to.

Upvote 0

Pooh For Presid

We have now stayed conceirge twice this year after never having done it before (we did not win the lottery just a couple of unusual circumstances). We spent a week at the Poly conceirge and one night at the Beach Club conceirge. It is a lot of money and you do not get dollar for dollar value, however there are some very nice perks and benefits. The Poly pipes in the Wishes music and you can watch the fireworks while having a piece of cheesecake and a diet coke. Also the continental breakfast is very helpfull and time efficient before a full day at the parks.

So it really is a question is whether the little benefits are nice enough to spend approx $100 extra a night. While the Beach Club is my favorite resort I do not think we will do it again there, not b/c the staff was not great they really spoil you, but the Poly's set up is just more convenient. So if we splurge again it is likely to be the Poly.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

imamouse

The concierge setup and locations are better at some resorts than others. I recommend that you send Pam from Kingdom Konsultant a PM and ask her. She's stayed at congierge at several different resorts (research, no doubt).

Upvote 0

reptar77

It depends, We have stayed on the floor at every deluxe resort. Some ARE better than others. I would say they are worth it if you are new to Disney and need help planning, getting the lay of the land etc. The meal offerings vary by resort but in general are great. Plus you can always get a cup of coffee or soda, rest in the lounge etc when it is open. My favs: Grandflo and Boardwalk. The Grandflo has 2 concei sections one in the main building that will cost more and the key building Sugar loaf. The boardwalk concei section is quite a hike from the elevators but worth the walk.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

I think it depends on how old your kids are and how much time you are going to be in the hotel room. If you aren't going to use the concierge for their planning prowess, then you may just be better off saving the cash and spending it somewhere else on the property....just an opinion, though.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I love concierge. After staying at almost every one on property I do have my favorites and not so favorites. You definately get more bang for the buck at some while others are just mediocre at best. I love the convenience of grabbing something quick for breakfast or if I come back mid afternoon I can grab a snack. At night I love having a nice glass of wine with horduerves(sp?)

Animal Kingdom is by far my favorite.

GF main lodge is wonderful also. Sugar Loaf is the light one.
Boardwalk is another good one
Contemp 14th floor is the full service one there and is quite good. Light concierge I do believe is on the 12th floor.

I will never do the Beach Club or the Wilderness Lodge again unless they greatly improve. I was not impressed at all with either.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom