Concerned about Fantasmic

CThaddeus

I would not tell you to skip any attraction at Disney World, simply because it's worth seeing whether Disneyland's or Disney World's is better (if a comparison exists to be made, anyway). However, I will tell you that Disneyland's is thousands of times better than Disney World's. It's a shame, too, since it came AFTER Disneyland's, so it should have been even better. I do like that the one in the Disney-MGM Studios has a dedicated theater, but that's the only thing I would say is better about it. I don't want to spoil the show for you, but let's just say some of the best scenes in Disneyland's version have been significantly changed to save money, and the mist screens are relied on far too heavily.
It's still an enjoyable show, but I have to agree with kcnole - the other nighttime shows at Disney World far outshine Fantasmic!...and that's a real shame.

PamelaNiebergal

CThaddeus said:
I would not tell you to skip any attraction at Disney World, simply because it's worth seeing whether Disneyland's or Disney World's is better (if a comparison exists to be made, anyway). However, I will tell you that Disneyland's is thousands of times better than Disney World's. It's a shame, too, since it came AFTER Disneyland's, so it should have been even better. I do like that the one in the Disney-MGM Studios has a dedicated theater, but that's the only thing I would say is better about it. I don't want to spoil the show for you, but let's just say some of the best scenes in Disneyland's version have been significantly changed to save money, and the mist screens are relied on far too heavily.
It's still an enjoyable show, but I have to agree with kcnole - the other nighttime shows at Disney World far outshine Fantasmic!...and that's a real shame.

I totally disagree. I think Fantasmic! is the best nighttime show on property if not the best show on property. It's equal to Wishes and is way better than Illuminations IMO. I've also seen the DL version and feel that people are way too quick to cut down the MGM version based on the merit of DL's. In some ways DL's is better but in other ways MGM's is better. Both are great shows. There is absolutely nothing about Fantasmic that is "shameful". To the OP - have fun and good luck on getting to see the show. I'm sure you won't have any problems and you will definately love it!

AEfx

Disney-holic said:
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with kcnole. IMHO Fantasmic is the best of the night time shows. Even my teenage grandson said it was awesome, & you know how cynical teenage boys can be. I've seen it many, many times & have never been there when it was cancelled.

Totally agree. Fantasmic! is the best show on property.

I'd say it was in a dead heat with Wishes, but the seating and the fact that everyone gets a great view puts it over the top for me.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom