Computer use at resorts?

stillgoofy

I generally don't have the need to use a computer while at WDW. But for an upcoming trip I need to check email daily. I don't have a laptop or other internet device. Are there places at the resorts where there is a computer I can use briefly each day to get online?

ABigBrassBand

Why do I feel that there are indeed computers somewhere in the resort? From what I can remember there aren't, but I'm sure someone will come in here and prove me wrong.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
"Convention" resorts have Business Centers. I don't know exactly what amenities the centers have, but usually a Business Center will have Internet access.

What rates they would charge I have no idea.

Another option would be to get yourself a smartphone with a data plan.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

The answer is "No, not really" -- unless you stay at a resort with a Business Center (and really, Coronado Springs is the only one that qualifies for that - and there is a charge to use it) you don't have any internet access in the resorts.

Even with a laptop, the moderates have internet access with a wired connection, there is no wireless. And many of the value resorts don't even have that. I've brought a laptop along in the past and never used it.

I agree that your best bet is to get yourself a smartphone that has internet access is you need it that badly while away from home. Personally, I have an iPhone and that is all I take along to WDW for the weeks when I go now. Before that, it was my Blackberry.

WDW isn't really set up for business visitors.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The answer is "No, not really" -- unless you stay at a resort with a Business Center (and really, Coronado Springs is the only one that qualifies for that - and there is a charge to use it) you don't have any internet access in the resorts.

Even with a laptop, the moderates have internet access with a wired connection, there is no wireless. And many of the value resorts don't even have that. I've brought a laptop along in the past and never used it.

I agree that your best bet is to get yourself a smartphone that has internet access is you need it that badly while away from home. Personally, I have an iPhone and that is all I take along to WDW for the weeks when I go now. Before that, it was my Blackberry.

WDW isn't really set up for business visitors.
A couple of corrections:

There are business centers at all the Convention Resorts: Beach Club, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Fort Wilderness, Grand Floridian, Swan and Yacht Club.

All resorts have wired High-Speed Internet Access in every room.

Upvote 0

BrerPete

$10 a day in the room (even let you keep the cat 5 cable, and charge you of course) but you don't have a laptop. I swear I've seen computers, not many, in several of the resorts business centers, Yacht Club most recently. Credit card swipe device on the computer.

Upvote 0

Goofycanuck

I generally don't have the need to use a computer while at WDW. But for an upcoming trip I need to check email daily. I don't have a laptop or other internet device. Are there places at the resorts where there is a computer I can use briefly each day to get online?

Here is a link for what is available and at what cost at the Coronado Springs Resort. http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/content/center.htm

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

All convention resorts have business centers which have computers available for internet use. I've used the one at the Grand Floridian before to print some e-mails out. The fees run about the same as other convention resorts.

Upvote 0

scott7302

When I stayed at the Contemporary Resort in 2007, a Computer was already in our room that was connected to the internet. Also because they just installed the Network they were testing the Internet which meant we got it for free!

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

Used my laptop in Contemporary room with Cat 5 cable this spring during last visit. I think it was $9.95 per day. I accomplished alot of remote work at night after family went to sleep.

I used desktops in Contemporary Convention center to print Airplane Boarding Passes. Because I was also shipping a few items, staff let me use PC for free for the few minutes it took to connect to site. I did pay for printouts but it was cheap.

Visited sister who was staying in the BLT and the nephews had to show me the community room, which was loaded with PCs. Don't think there was any charge if you were staying in BLT. Not sure.

Wife spent several hours with her laptop and verison card to connect to her work while relaxing on the Contemporary Concourse after hours on evening.

I think you will find several options. E-mail your resort to see what offerings you have available to you

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I'll second - or third or fourth, where you are now - the option of getting a smartphone. Not only will you be able to check your email, but you'll be able to do it anywhere at any time. Even if you were to stay at a resort that had business centers with computers to borrow or "rent," you'd only have access to them when you were actually AT the business center. Which means, during breaks in going to the parks, or at night. Having the smart phone allows you to check whenever you want, and depending on how important these emails are, you may need that sort of convenience.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

When I stayed at the Contemporary Resort in 2007, a Computer was already in our room that was connected to the internet. Also because they just installed the Network they were testing the Internet which meant we got it for free!

I thought they were being removed? Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary lately?

Upvote 0

stillgoofy

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info and suggestions. I'm not sure about purchasing a smart phone as I don't have the need to be connected very often. I actually go to WDW to get disconnected from all the technology. I'll have to weigh my options for this trip. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

MadMonorail

There is free Internet access for DVC members at BLT. Not sure if that is the case if you book the room through the regular reservation system. You still have to sign on and accept the charges but they magically never appear on your bill.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom