Completely obsessed with planning has turned into more...

DiSnEyF@n

As I plan for our upcoming trip for February 2016, I can't stop thinking about the endless possibilities. I have become obsessed with looking into rates, ticket prices and all other things Disney on a daily basis. I'm ok with the obsession, but it's making me want to go sooner than February of next year!
Unfortunately we can't financially afford it this year, but the yearning is still there to get my Disney fix right away. ha!

How do you all cope with the need/want to go to Disney especially when you know you're going soon enough? My daughter is a little over a year old, so we watch Disney movies regularly. lol It helps, but not completely.

NCO91590

Disney spreadsheet?? What's that???

Because I'm crazy, I've created a master spreadsheet in excel that outlines by day what park we're at, ADR's (with conf #), FP selections and what the projected crowd levels will be. The spreadsheet also has all of our flight and hotel reservations listed.

Before our trips, I print it out and carry it with me and also email it to myself so I can pull it up if necessary.

It's crazy I tell you.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Because I'm crazy, I've created a master spreadsheet in excel that outlines by day what park we're at, ADR's (with conf #), FP selections and what the projected crowd levels will be. The spreadsheet also has all of our flight and hotel reservations listed.

Before our trips, I print it out and carry it with me and also email it to myself so I can pull it up if necessary.

It's crazy I tell you.

It sounds amazingly organized though!!! I love it!

Upvote 0

Disneyhead'71

I am still trying to read meaning into this comment. But it seems to be pointing fingers. Can you explain more please.
I think the poster was referring to themselves - saying that a Disney obsession is a perfectly valid pasttime, but implying that there's a "whole 'nother level" to which they have taken it! :)
Exactly, there was a time about a decade ago where I was unemployed and a Disney trip was simply no where in the foreseeable future. When the stress got too bad, I would occasionally sit down for an hour or so and price up a trip I would never take, just for fun.

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

There is a Facebook group that helps my DW blues called ...WDW Freecycle...and I snoop there hourly lol. It's actually a REALLY good idea, which I hope to use next week while there. A member will post something like....''I'm checking out of CBR tomorrow and I have 5 unopened bottles of water and a box of fruit snacks up for grabs'' Sometimes it will be things like strollers, ponchos, basically ANYTHING they don't feel like lugging home. If the person who wants the items can't make it to meet at check-out, people have been leaving things with bell services. Seems pretty neat and safe if you're meeting in a resort lobby.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
So I just thought I'd post a little update...

Lately, I have been busy running around and I stopped to come onto this forum. I started looking around and decided I would read some trip reports... I got to a pre-trip report and it was a person counting down- I believe it was titled "199 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" basically saying they had less than 200 days left to go..... So, that got me thinking.... I wonder how many days I have left??

Boy, I shouldn't have even started counting... February is our next trip... It would have been easier for me to count FROM February instead of TO February :eek: lol

Just thought I'd share! :D

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We’re going in late August. My planning is done, my ADR’s are made and I have a list of everything I’m bringing down to the last safety pin. I will start purchasing new socks, toiletries etc. around Memorial Day and more than likely start packing around the 4th of July, packing and repacking every weekend until we leave.
One year I forgot sandals for the pool and had to purchase a pair in the Boutiki. Every year since then my DW will wait until the airport taxi is pulling into our driveway and say to me “Did you pack your sandals?” I will respond “Yes Dear” and then check my bag to make sure.

I was just re-reading your post... I am wondering if you have begun buying your "new socks, toiletries etc" yet seeing as though Memorial Day weekend is this upcoming weekend??? lol

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
There is a Facebook group that helps my DW blues called ...WDW Freecycle...and I snoop there hourly lol. It's actually a REALLY good idea, which I hope to use next week while there. A member will post something like....''I'm checking out of CBR tomorrow and I have 5 unopened bottles of water and a box of fruit snacks up for grabs'' Sometimes it will be things like strollers, ponchos, basically ANYTHING they don't feel like lugging home. If the person who wants the items can't make it to meet at check-out, people have been leaving things with bell services. Seems pretty neat and safe if you're meeting in a resort lobby.

I am now a member of WDW Freecycle and I love the out of nowhere notifications I get from people that are leaving and want to give their extra stuff to people instead of just leaving it in the room... It makes me smile. I am now going to check out the DW Blues FB page... Thanks :hilarious:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom