Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Princess Half Marathon: Training Not Required but Strongly Encouraged

Hey everyone - we got back last night and usually I would wait to write a trip report, but I have a few work trips coming up so this may take me awhile to finish :) So---here we go!

Who?
The usuals - my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan) PLUS a special guest appearance - my sister Jill!
The last time just the 3 of us went to Disney was way back in 2017
All my actual photos from that trip are on my other computer so here is a selfie I found :)
file-183.jpg

When?
February 22-29, 2020

Where?
The Yacht Club (again :hilarious: ) - we stayed Club Level because it was the only room I could find. Not that I am complaining !
IMG_7991.jpg

Why?
Well as the title indicates we were down there to run the Princess Half Marathon. My Mom and I signed up after @sheriffwoody and some other people talked me into it :hilarious:. It really did not take much convincing - we haven't run a half since 2016 and I was looking to do another one. As soon as we found out it was Cinderella themed (my favorite Princess) we were sold. Well....a few weeks later Jill texted us to let us know she signed up for it too!
Full disclaimer - races make me very nervous and post - race makes me very lazy. That being said, I did not use my actual camera a lot this trip so most of my photos are from my iPhone because it was more convenient and my photos from the first day are lacking due to my nerves.

The Title ?
Well...some of us actually trained for the Half and some of us did not (**cough Jill cough**).
Jill was not sure if she was actually going to run so it was a game time decision.

Day 1 February 22, 2020
My Mom and I stayed at a hotel across from the Airport just to save a little time/ get more sleep.
Here we are soaking our feet in the hot tub at the airport hotel (hoping it would make us run faster :hilarious: )
DVLtcvPFRoeSJz%5HhTtAA.jpg

We got up at 3:30 am (at least it's better than 3 am if we were at home ?) and got ready to head across the street.
We got to the airport a few minutes before the Southwest Counter opened.
We waited by the kiosks while a giant line of people waited to check in at the counter. Guess who was checked in before all of those people :hilarious::hilarious::happy:
pliq1SZ0SImG8gRLKqGxYg.jpg

Jill got to the airport right around the time the counter opened :)
We all got through security very quickly and then grabbed some bagels for breakfast and a bear claw (for Jill)
xYxp3YTyT%mDriuHWOdJNA.jpg

She said she's sorry for taking a bite before the photo :)
2I56auKKRLWviceet1rknQ.jpg

Usual dates sign - I have no idea why we continue to take these photos other than my Mom makes us :)
Jill was making this face because she was not sure she was going to run.
DSC_0340.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

DSC_0342.JPG

IMG_2121.JPG

Next up: more traveling

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I absolutely loved all of your race pictures and your outfits! We have always had breakfast at CRT we may need to look at dinner, the food looked amazing.

Thank you!!! (I still have to finish your TR...still...sorry!). The food was great! This was our 3rd time there and it was by far the best food we had!

Congrats on the race! Loved the dresses you all changed into afterwards.

Thank you so much!

Doc Disney

Original Poster

I’m late, but I’m here! I love your race outfits! Congrats on finishing!

haha love that!! Welcome and thanks!

That was the worst part! After leaving the MK area and the silly sloped highway! Ugh! My hips and knees were not happy with me at all after that!

YAY!! Congrats on the finish!! I get teary eyed too. I don't know if it is because I am so happy I can stop or the crowds or what...just so emotional. Great time and pace! :)

Ugh it was awful! And I feel like it lasted several miles! Thanks!! I was happy with our time considering we walked so much/hard to get around the other walkers ! For sure a non-Disney/normal weather place we could have a faster pace :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oh man, I forgot to mention the banks in the road. AWFUL! Especially when you haven't trained and your legs are already in bad shape :hilarious:
Next time I run Princess, I'm definitely booking CRT for after. That's the perfect royal celebration 🙌

It was perfect and all the Princesses were so excited for us!

I live up a hill and I usually run down towards the lake and do my mileage lakeside and hop a bus back. Trying to become a stronger runner, I’ve been forcing myself to shorten the lakeside mileage and run up the hill and there is a very small section where two hills intersect and it makes me think of running up that on-ramp each time I hit that section in my run. 😉

We train on hills as well - we run in a cemetery that has several big hills. We always say "its the ramp part" :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
My Garmin was super off too (I didn't even weave that much i was in Corral A so I don't know what happened!), i stopped it at 13.19 on my watch so I could at least have a faster watch time than clock time 😂. I noticed that after the big loop onto the ramp right around mile 10 it was the closest it had been since mile 1!

We were close up until mile 3 then it was super off. Our time was like 3:15 at 13.1 but then we took extra time at the end to really look around !

Congrats on the race and OMG those fries! :hungry::hungry:

Thanks! Those fries ...I wish I had some now !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 February 24, 2020
We got up at 7 a.m. Ohhhh how glorious 7 am feels after 2 days of getting up at 3:30 am and 2 am!
IMG_2308.JPG

We got ready and headed down to the lounge for breakfast.
They had croissants, bagels, cheese, fruit, muffins. I think they also had oatmeal and crepes.
IMG_2310D.JPG

IMG_2311D.JPG

With sore legs we walked our way over to Epcot!
We decided to rope drop ....Figment :hilarious:
Along the way we noticed that they started putting out the Flower and Garden flowers (while Festival of the Arts was still going on!).
IMG_2312.JPG

DSC_0405.JPG

IMG_2317D.JPG

IMG_2318D.JPG

DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
After Figment we decided to meet Joy since she had no wait. What happened to Sadness?!
Side note: I sent my sister a text in January that we should wear Anna and Elsa shirts (kind of jokingly) so I present to you these amazing shirts she made us! We were not going to make my Mom one but Frozen 2 gave us their Mom's name so why not! It seemed like all CMs knew who Iduna was but I feel like SO many other people were like who the heck is that!? :hilarious:
646001949.jpeg

646002336.jpeg

646002326.jpeg

I also really wanted to meet Ralph and Vanellope. I tried to quickly explain the movies in line since neither Jill or my Mom saw either movie :joyfull:
646007267.jpeg

Our first FP was for Spaceship Earth. We made our way around all the walls to get there.
We stopped for a PP picture along the way
IMG_2321.JPG

646022554.jpeg

IMG_2319D.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2334.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
After Spaceship Earth we headed to Mouse Gear (or what's left of it) to get our Passholder Magnets.
The Guardians ride looks even bigger close up...the walls are so tall!
IMG_2335.JPG

Hello baby Mouse Gear
IMG_2336D.JPG

I thought I took a photo of my magnet but I did not...so here it is on my fridge :hilarious:
QpWXucd0T0uFH8IAx5TB3A.jpg

After this we walked back around wall city to our next FP: Living with the Land!
It was a much needed FP - it was like a 45 minute wait or something higher!
DSC_0422.JPG

DSC_0424.JPG

After Living with the Land we finally stopped to do the Paint by Number!
IMG_2340.JPG

IMG_2341.JPG

IMG_2343.JPG

IMG_2345.JPG

IMG_2346.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Our last FP was for Frozen Ever After so we headed there next.
IMG_2348.JPG

Our ride photo did not show up so I guess that's all I have to say about that :joyfull:
After this we decided to try some treats from Festival of the Arts.
We went back to Pop Eats (because we are obsessed with almond cake).
Almond cake!
IMG_2353.JPG

SOOO good. I miss it already!
My sister got the Pop’t Art: Modern-design Sugar Cookie with Strawberry Filling
IMG_2351.JPG

And the Popping Bubbles Cocktail
IMG_2352.JPG

We enjoyed the sun while we enjoyed our treats.
IMG_2356.JPG

We wandered around World Showcase after this before heading back to the Yacht Club.
646196695.jpeg

I think I got another Rosini in Italy on the way out but I did not take a photo.
We got this cute towel animal in our room that looks like our dinosaur :)
IMG_2360.JPG

Anyway, had lunch plans but not for awhile so we decided to sit by the pool and soak in some sun!
IMG_2368.JPG

We had a reservation at Beaches and Cream at 2:50 so we walked the short distance and checked in. Then we waited....and waited....and waited...
IMG_2371.JPG

I thought the bigger restaurant would help this wait issue but nope! I was already not getting a great impression. My Mom and I did not care for Beaches and Cream the last time we ate there, but we figured we would give it another try with the renovation.

Next up: more Beaches and Cream

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Thankfully they called us about 30 minutes after our reservation time.
It is cute in there post renovation !
IMG_2372D.JPG

file-184.jpg

IMG_2375D.JPG

The waiting continued inside. It was at least 20 minutes before we even saw our waitress and another 10 or more before we even ordered food.
IMG_2378.JPG

Eventually we did get our food. I ordered the Cheddar-Bacon-Ranch Chicken Sandwich
IMG_2379D.JPG

My sister got the French Dip Sandwich
IMG_2380D.JPG

And my Mom got grilled cheese and fries
IMG_2381D.JPG

The food was fine. I feel like I would have liked mine better if I didn't eat grilled chicken every day at home :hilarious:.
We did order ice cream - probably a mistake due to all the waiting.
My Mom got a cone (just a regular one).
IMG_2383D.JPG

Jill and I ordered the No Way José to share.
IMG_2382D.JPG

The ice cream was good! Overall - we were there for over 2 hours. I KID YOU NOT! I feel bad too because the weather would turn later in the week so we missed out on vital sunshine time.
Oh well...we will probably go back, but not anytime soon.
The new ice cream window is cute though!
IMG_2384.JPG

Next up: more randomness

RememberWhen

Day 3 continued
Thankfully they called us about 30 minutes after our reservation time.
It is cute in there post renovation !
View attachment 455596
View attachment 455597
View attachment 455598
The waiting continued inside. It was at least 20 minutes before we even saw our waitress and another 10 or more before we even ordered food.
View attachment 455599
Eventually we did get our food. I ordered the Cheddar-Bacon-Ranch Chicken Sandwich
View attachment 455600
My sister got the French Dip Sandwich
View attachment 455601
And my Mom got grilled cheese and fries
View attachment 455602
The food was fine. I feel like I would have liked mine better if I didn't eat grilled chicken every day at home :hilarious:.
We did order ice cream - probably a mistake due to all the waiting.
My Mom got a cone (just a regular one).
View attachment 455604
Jill and I ordered the No Way José to share.
View attachment 455603
The ice cream was good! Overall - we were there for over 2 hours. I KID YOU NOT! I feel bad too because the weather would turn later in the week so we missed out on vital sunshine time.
Oh well...we will probably go back, but not anytime soon.
The new ice cream window is cute though!
View attachment 455605

Next up: more randomness
We’ve only ever gotten ice cream to go, but that was fine for us this past December. There was a bit of a wait between ordering and pickup, but otherwise was good. Some tables or benches would have been nice though. IIRC we sat on the ground next to a trash can.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
After our lunch we spent a bit more time at the pool and the hot tub. We witnessed the most awkward thing I have really ever witnessed. There was this couple in the hot tub with us who seemed like a new couple...or newly engaged. They were awkwardly talking about moving - who was going to get rid of the table, bed, etc. How much money did they want to spend on rent ? Then they kept making out ....but then asking each other simple things like you should probably already know about each other. It was so weird. But...we also could not stop listening :hilarious: I feel like I can't describe it well enough to convey the awkwardness.
Anyway, after this we stopped to get a champagne from the lounge before getting ready for our evening plans: After Hours (which you probably already know from @sheriffwoody 's report) !
IMG_2385D.JPG

Cute Moana bus
IMG_2392D.JPG

We had a FP for Tinkerbell so we stopped to say hi to @sheriffwoody and her cousin then hopped in line.
A light for you...
IMG_2395D.JPG

We were stuck in this wall of greenery room for quite awhile before we decided to bail. Not sure how a Meet and Greet can have technical difficulty, but that's what they said!
IMG_2396.JPG

So....we pushed through the crowds to meet up with @sheriffwoody (who I will refer to as K because I am too lazy to type) and her cousin.
Look how crowded it was!!!!
IMG_2398D.JPG

We headed to the Peoplemover first.
IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2402D.JPG

IMG_2405D.JPG

Then we watched Happily Ever After from Tomorrowland.
IMG_2407.JPG

DSC_0426.JPG

Next up: more MK

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We’ve only ever gotten ice cream to go, but that was fine for us this past December. There was a bit of a wait between ordering and pickup, but otherwise was good. Some tables or benches would have been nice though. IIRC we sat on the ground next to a trash can.

Yea..they really are lacking on the outside tables!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
More fireworks
DSC_0426.JPG

DSC_0431.JPG

DSC_0438.JPG

My sister and K had this idea to take this awesome photo (but first a cool outtake).
DSC_0444.JPG

DSC_0448.JPG

Then it was K's turn.
DSC_0453.JPG

Meanwhile we got a free ice cream (not that we weren't going to get free ice cream later in the event) from Auntie Gravity's that my Mom ate.
DSC_0456.JPG

One last fireworks photo.
DSC_0457.JPG

Next up: more MK

Piglet_the_brave

Love your frozen shirts. And I love seeing you have fun with your mom and sister. As a mother of 4 daughters (10,13,14, 21 today!!) I’ve loved our girls only Disney trips. I hope that continues as they get older.

And your towel dinosaur is cute. We haven’t stayed at a non DVC resort for a while, so it’s nice to see that there’s still some towel art. I don’t think we’ve had a towel animal at a DVC resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom