Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Princess Half Marathon: Training Not Required but Strongly Encouraged

Hey everyone - we got back last night and usually I would wait to write a trip report, but I have a few work trips coming up so this may take me awhile to finish :) So---here we go!

Who?
The usuals - my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan) PLUS a special guest appearance - my sister Jill!
The last time just the 3 of us went to Disney was way back in 2017
All my actual photos from that trip are on my other computer so here is a selfie I found :)
file-183.jpg

When?
February 22-29, 2020

Where?
The Yacht Club (again :hilarious: ) - we stayed Club Level because it was the only room I could find. Not that I am complaining !
IMG_7991.jpg

Why?
Well as the title indicates we were down there to run the Princess Half Marathon. My Mom and I signed up after @sheriffwoody and some other people talked me into it :hilarious:. It really did not take much convincing - we haven't run a half since 2016 and I was looking to do another one. As soon as we found out it was Cinderella themed (my favorite Princess) we were sold. Well....a few weeks later Jill texted us to let us know she signed up for it too!
Full disclaimer - races make me very nervous and post - race makes me very lazy. That being said, I did not use my actual camera a lot this trip so most of my photos are from my iPhone because it was more convenient and my photos from the first day are lacking due to my nerves.

The Title ?
Well...some of us actually trained for the Half and some of us did not (**cough Jill cough**).
Jill was not sure if she was actually going to run so it was a game time decision.

Day 1 February 22, 2020
My Mom and I stayed at a hotel across from the Airport just to save a little time/ get more sleep.
Here we are soaking our feet in the hot tub at the airport hotel (hoping it would make us run faster :hilarious: )
DVLtcvPFRoeSJz%5HhTtAA.jpg

We got up at 3:30 am (at least it's better than 3 am if we were at home ?) and got ready to head across the street.
We got to the airport a few minutes before the Southwest Counter opened.
We waited by the kiosks while a giant line of people waited to check in at the counter. Guess who was checked in before all of those people :hilarious::hilarious::happy:
pliq1SZ0SImG8gRLKqGxYg.jpg

Jill got to the airport right around the time the counter opened :)
We all got through security very quickly and then grabbed some bagels for breakfast and a bear claw (for Jill)
xYxp3YTyT%mDriuHWOdJNA.jpg

She said she's sorry for taking a bite before the photo :)
2I56auKKRLWviceet1rknQ.jpg

Usual dates sign - I have no idea why we continue to take these photos other than my Mom makes us :)
Jill was making this face because she was not sure she was going to run.
DSC_0340.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

DSC_0342.JPG

IMG_2121.JPG

Next up: more traveling

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We wandered around which was not very easy because it was PACKED.
We took a few photos before heading to our first FP
IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG

Our first FP was for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad so we slowly walked over there.
DSC_0379.JPG

DSC_0380.JPG

DSC_0384.JPG

Then we headed to our next FP: Haunted Mansion.
Look at how long the FP line was.... :jawdrop:
IMG_2236.JPG

I honestly thought we were in the stand by line by accident.
I got super lazy with my photo taking apparently :hilarious:
IMG_2239.JPG

645207698.jpeg

645207881.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Piglet_the_brave

Well done on your race, I love the medals. Did you run the whole way with those tiaras, I struggle to keep a headband in place.

Those banks in the road are horrible to run on, I think they bring out any little issue that you might have. My ankle didn’t like them.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
645515093.jpeg

645515259.jpeg

Our last FP was for Peter Pan, but I did not take any photos.
We had dinner plans (err...more like lunch plans at 2:45 pm) at Cinderella's Royal Table so we sat in the sun for awhile waiting for our time to be called (since you can not check in early there).
IMG_2255.JPG

IMG_2257.JPG

We were able to check in right on time and waited in the downstairs lobby before meeting Cinderella.
Some lights for you ...
DSC_0385.JPG

IMG_2262.JPG

DSC_0388.JPG

645371602.jpeg

Then we were called right upstairs - it was Jill's first time at CRT ...looked how excited she is!
fullsizeoutput_538e.jpeg

:joyfull:
The lighting was SO bad there!
Here's a real photo...kind of (light is still bad).
IMG_2264D.JPG

Next up: more CRT

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Well done on your race, I love the medals. Did you run the whole way with those tiaras, I struggle to keep a headband in place.

Those banks in the road are horrible to run on, I think they bring out any little issue that you might have. My ankle didn’t like them.

Yes but the tiara is a headband :) It's made for running - we got them at the Expo last year!
Yessss!! I did not even know my back was going to bother me until the bank!!!

Ariel1986

I'm impressed your eyeliner stayed in place throughout the race! How do you do that? :joyfull:
Congrats on the race though. I don't know how you get up in the middle of the night lol!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
IMG_2265D.JPG

Alright ... onto the food.
My photos are bad (well so was the light)...I was exhausted...sorry!
My Mom got the seasonal soup which was squash.
IMG_2266D.JPG

I got the Charcuterie
IMG_2268D.JPG

And Jill had the scallops
IMG_2267D.JPG

For entrees we all got the beef tenderloin
IMG_2274D.JPG

YUM!!!!!! Everything was amazing (except the weird tuna fish thing that was on my charcuterie plate :joyfull: )
Princesses time!
We have been to CRT 3 times and we never saw Rapunzel before !
DSC_0393.JPG

DSC_0394.JPG
DSC_0397.JPG

A kind woman next to us took our photo with Snow White. She also was like "It's so cool you guys are all adults and came here to eat" :joyfull: .
DSC_0399.JPG

Next up: more CRT

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm impressed your eyeliner stayed in place throughout the race! How do you do that? :joyfull:
Congrats on the race though. I don't know how you get up in the middle of the night lol!

:hilarious: Thank you! My eyeliner is waterproof I think that helps. People ask me all the time how I get it to stay on though. I don't know ...I just use the same eyeliner I have been using for 10 years :joyfull::joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Our desserts came next.
My Mom had the Jaq & Gus (Whipped Cheesecake with Seasonal Flavors and Garnishes)
IMG_2275D.JPG

Jill and I had the peanut butter cake (like we discussed during the race).
IMG_2276D.JPG

The desserts were fine...not super exciting.
Then came Ariel and Jasmine. We got lazy after this and took turns standing up for photos.
DSC_0401.JPG

DSC_0403.JPG

We had a fantastic meal. We all said this was probably our favorite meal of the trip (with one very close to tying it).
I felt SO much better after eating. We all did. My legs felt awful before this but the caffeine and food helped out a lot. We also realized we really did not eat anything substantial in 24 hours so...whoops.
IMG_2278D.JPG

After this we headed to the Peoplemover.
I don't remember why she was making this face.
IMG_2280.JPG

IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2283.JPG

After our ride we decided to head out of the park.
This is where we ran into @sheriffwoody and stopped to say hi :)
IMG_2285.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

Next up: finishing up the day

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We took a Minnie Van home because my legs were not about to stand on another bus.
We were SO tired, but it was still too early for bed so we decided to take Jill to Abracadabar.
IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

A light for you ...
IMG_2292.JPG

IMG_2293D.JPG

Playing with the weird lens options on the iPhone 11 (pro)
IMG_2294.JPG

My Mom and I both had a conjurita! @CtDisneyGuy33 got me hooked on these.
IMG_2298.JPG

Jill had the Hoodunit's Punch (I believe this is rum based)
IMG_2299.JPG

We also ordered Abra fries. Yes we did just eat a 3 course meal. Also yes I am obsessed with these fries and we did run a half marathon so....
IMG_2303D.JPG

IMG_2301.JPG

IMG_2306.JPG

We all enjoyed our drinks and fries then wandered back to the Yacht Club...grabbed a drink from the Club Level lounge and went to bed at 8 pm :hilarious:

Next up: Day 3

Ears to Disney

After this it's essentially all thruway until Epcot. This part was hard for us because the sun was fully out and so was the heat. Our last training runs were in the 15-20 degree weather so 70 + degrees was not easy to run in. It was also on a weird bank in the road which was not good for our backs or knees

That was the worst part! After leaving the MK area and the silly sloped highway! Ugh! My hips and knees were not happy with me at all after that!

Then...we finished !!! YAY!!! I always get a little teary eyed when I finish a race. It ended up taking us 3:22 which I did not think was too bad considering we walked a lot towards the end (and one of us did not train).
I was just SO happy we finished :)
IMG_2428.JPG

YAY!! Congrats on the finish!! I get teary eyed too. I don't know if it is because I am so happy I can stop or the crowds or what...just so emotional. Great time and pace! :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Oh man, I forgot to mention the banks in the road. AWFUL! Especially when you haven't trained and your legs are already in bad shape :hilarious:
Next time I run Princess, I'm definitely booking CRT for after. That's the perfect royal celebration 🙌

I live up a hill and I usually run down towards the lake and do my mileage lakeside and hop a bus back. Trying to become a stronger runner, I’ve been forcing myself to shorten the lakeside mileage and run up the hill and there is a very small section where two hills intersect and it makes me think of running up that on-ramp each time I hit that section in my run. 😉

Rundisneyprincess27

According to my Garmin we ran about 13.4 miles :hilarious:
View attachment 454831
My Garmin was super off too (I didn't even weave that much i was in Corral A so I don't know what happened!), i stopped it at 13.19 on my watch so I could at least have a faster watch time than clock time 😂. I noticed that after the big loop onto the ramp right around mile 10 it was the closest it had been since mile 1!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom