Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Princess Half Marathon: Training Not Required but Strongly Encouraged

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Advertisement
Day 7 continued
IMG_2925.JPG
IMG_2929.JPG
Buzz actually shut down when we were taking these photos :cry: This would be the first trip in a very long time where we did not ride Buzz! We ride it ALL the time!!!
Anyway...Touring Plans seemed to think it would be down for awhile (which it was) so we asked Jill what she wanted to to with the FP and she picked BTMR!
The people in front of us messed up their lines so we all ended up in our own car :hilarious: I'm sure the CMs were like what the heck, but if we did not space ourselves it it would have continued to mess up everyone else.
IMG_2935.JPG
IMG_2936.JPG
Our next FP was 7DMT!
IMG_2938.JPG
IMG_2940.JPG
IMG_2941.JPG
IMG_2947.JPG
648856966.jpeg
648857344.jpeg
Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
We had lunch reservations for Tony's after this so we did not have far to go. When I checked in they could not find me in the system. I had the reservation on my app so it was not a big deal, but honestly I do not think they were spelling my name right since the two people at check in were still in training and neither one spoke English :bored: Our last name is Polish and can be very difficult to understand how to spell :joyfull:
Anyway...we had a long wait as usual but eventually we were seated.
IMG_2955D.JPG
IMG_2956D.JPG
They changed the menu again and I was super bummed because they took the gnocchi off that I usually eat :cautious:
Anyway...we ordered the Spinach Dip to start
IMG_2961D.JPG
This was day and night different than the last 2 times we ordered it. This version was soupy and not very good.
For entrees I ordered the fettuccine since there was no primavera (gnocchi or otherwise) on the menu. I have ordered some version of primavera pasta from Tony's so many times - odd to see it off the menu.
IMG_2962D.JPG
My Mom ordered chicken parm
IMG_2964D.JPG
And Jill ordered the Ravioli (Mushroom Ravioli, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Crimini Mushrooms, Romano, Asparagus, and Truffle Cream Sauce)
IMG_2963D.JPG
IMG_2965D.JPG
Listen. I have been the biggest supporter of Tony's. We never understood why it got such bad reviews. Until this day. It was by far the worst meal of this trip if not the worst meal I have ever had at Disney. Like I said..the dip was the first clue as it was completely different than it was a few months prior. My Mom's food was dried out while Jill and my food tasted like it was literally watered down.:grumpy:
None of us wanted to admit this until later in the day when we were naming our favorite meals and this one came up as the worst.
UGH! I'm so bummed...it will be awhile before we go back for sure!
Anyway...after this we headed out of the MK and said good-bye with out pouty faces. Little did we know that we would not be at Disney for a lot longer than we expected :cry:
IMG_2966.JPG
IMG_2968.JPG

Next up: Disney Springs!

Songbird76

WHAT!?! Oh wow that is terrible!! I think I will just wait for Disney + then!!
Yeah, I mean, there are 2 sides to a story, but every news article I can find basically says the same thing and that Pixar admitted to not disclosing their real intentions. It makes it easy for me to wait, considering all the movie theaters are closed here anyway. I'd wait anyway, but now it's a lot easier to do so.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
We were trying to decide the best way to get to Disney Springs and ultimately decided to walk to the Contemporary to get a bus there.
RIP brick sidewalk
IMG_2970.JPG
We had a very short wait for a bus and it was Frozen themed! So cute!
IMG_2973.JPG
IMG_2974.JPG
Our first stop was the Christmas shop. We were in search of these ornaments which they sometimes have pre-written on after races.
fullsizeoutput_51bf.jpeg
They did not have any pre-made so we just bought the blue ornament and Jill made us something very similar with her cricket. We really did not have the time to wait for them to be made and Jill's turned out amazing. If it was not stored with my Christmas stuff I would show you :hilarious:
Anyway...after our purchases (because I'm sure I bought more than one ornament but I can't remember) we headed to Ghirardelli.
IMG_2976.JPG
My Mom got her usual sea salt caramel sundae and Jill got a hot fudge one.
IMG_2977.JPG
IMG_2978.JPG
I had my one ice cream for the trip from Ample Hills so I was all set. Unless its summer in Disney I almost never eat ice cream...not my thing.
IMG_2979.JPG
World of Disney was up next.
fullsizeoutput_547c.jpeg
We did not buy anything, but this shirt was cute!
IMG_2982.JPG

Next up: more DS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
Jill saw this drink on Instagram that she wanted to try so we headed to the Boathouse.
Cute wall!
IMG_2983.JPG
IMG_2984.JPG
IMG_2986.JPG
The drink she wanted to try is this adorable Duck, Duck, Razz (Stoli Blue Raspberry Martini)
IT'S SO CUTE!
IMG_2989.JPG
IMG_2996.JPG
My Mom had a lemon drop martini
IMG_2990.JPG
And I had strawberry gin fizz.
IMG_2991.JPG
Yum! All of our drinks were great!
IMG_2997.JPG
I keep forgetting to mention how cold it was this day too ... the weather was so bipolar.
We saw this article while we were there :joyfull:
fullsizeoutput_51c6.jpeg

Next up: more randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
We headed back to the Yacht Club after this (by way of a Boardwalk bus since it came first - so nice to be able to do that for the Epcot resorts).
Finally took a photo of the Regatta Club MB spot in the elevator.
IMG_3006D.JPG
Tha gang was ordering room service and watching TV when we got back :hilarious:
IMG_3007.JPG
IMG_3008D.JPG
After this we headed back over to Epcot because I made us another Spaceship Earth FP :hilarious:
IMG_3012.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG
Goodbye Spaceship Earth (during it's refurb ... not forever... and then probably during it's potential second longer refurb it seems).
IMG_3018.JPG
I really wanted to stay to watch Epcot Forever and we had a dining reservation for San Angel Inn but it was freezing and we knew we would not make it. So...I pushed our reservation to our May trip (if that trip is even happening :cry: ) and we headed out.
Well, PP picture along the way.
IMG_3022.JPG
IMG_3019.JPG
We needed to eat somewhere but no one was super hungry so we ended up finding a reservation for ESPN Club figuring we could eat something small.
IMG_3023.JPG

Next up: more ESPN Club

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
My Mom and I both got chicken strips (my photos are awful...clearly I was getting lazy in the final hours of this trip)
IMG_3024D.JPG
We got a side of fries to share
IMG_3025D.JPG
And Jill got the Bacon and Blue Wedge Salad
IMG_3026D.JPG
Yum...the food was actually really good and a very chill way to reflect back on our trip and plan our last day.
After our meal we slowly walked back to the Yacht Club.
IMG_3030D.JPG
IMG_3031D.JPG
IMG_3043.JPG
And some random Yacht Club photos...
IMG_3037D.JPG
fullsizeoutput_547d.jpeg
IMG_3040D.JPG
IMG_3041D.JPG

Next up: last day :(

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 February 29, 2020
In full disclosure I forgot to take notes from this day so let's see what I remember.
We got up, got ready and packed our bags :(
We headed to the lounge for our last breakfast.
I took a few more photos....
The beverage spot with fruit and yogurt,
IMG_3049D.JPG
I just ate muffins and cheese I guess..
IMG_3050D.JPG
Some views of the tables/lounge
IMG_3051D.JPG
IMG_3052D.JPG
There was a nice balcony that we never enjoyed because it was too cold for most of the trip.
IMG_3053.JPG
Coffee bar area (sorry to the lady in her PJs I was in a rush).
IMG_3054D.JPG
Overall this lounge/Club level was nice, but I am not in a hurry to stay again. It was very hard not to compare it to Club level at the Grand (as bougie as that sounds), but we did. The food, number of options and location (ie super close to the pool) were all better at the Grand. We only booked this because it was the only room we could find...so it was nice to try it out once! The CMs working up there were also not super helpful either...very different from the other club levels we have stayed in (Grand, Poly, WL).
After this we checked our luggage and our carry-ons and headed over to DHS.
IMG_3056.JPG
DSC_0630.JPG
DSC_0631.JPG
fullsizeoutput_54e3.jpeg

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
We headed over to Galaxy's Edge after this just to wander around
649544014.jpeg
649544115.jpeg
My sister and I decided to get some milk.
IMG_3062.JPG
Some lights for you...
IMG_3063.JPG
Blue milk vs green milk.
IMG_3066.JPG
Jill ordered the green so it was my first time trying it - it was a little flowery :grumpy:. I still prefer the blue!
IMG_3074.JPG
IMG_3075.JPG
My Mom still doesn't like either milk :joyfull:
IMG_3078.JPG
IMG_3080.JPG

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
IMG_3084.JPG

We watched some people play with their droids for a few minutes.
IMG_3087D.JPG
IMG_3088D.JPG
After this we played some Heads Up in the sun before our next FP for ...Alien Swirling Saucers!
DSC_0676.JPG
DSC_0679.JPG
fullsizeoutput_54f5.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_54f3.jpeg
After this we headed out of HS :(
IMG_3092.JPG
We had Epcot plans so we hopped on the Skyliner.
My sister was happy because we were by ourselves !
IMG_3094D.JPG
IMG_3096.JPG

Next up: more adventures

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
IMG_3097.JPG
IMG_3099.JPG
I thought we were going to Aulani next so I took this photo :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
IMG_3100D.JPG
Ah it's very hard to see, but they were putting a fire out (look above the roof).
IMG_3102.JPG
We headed right to Italy for our lunch reservation
IMG_3106.JPG
Via Napoli! We snagged this reservation the night before!
IMG_3107.JPG
IMG_3110D.JPG
I look ... Half asleep...
IMG_3111D.JPG
We shared some garlic bread and a cheese and pepperoni pizza
IMG_3113.JPG
IMG_3115D.JPG
YUMMMMMMM 😋

Next up: finishing up our trip

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
My sister and my Mom wanted something caramel from Germany so we headed there.
I did not want anything so I looked around. Look at this beautifullll ornament :jawdrop::joyfull:
IMG_3118D.JPG
IMG_3119.JPG
My Mom got a sea salt caramel
IMG_3120.JPG
And Jill got whatever this is...
IMG_3121.JPG
We had time for one more attraction so I checked the app and we got another Figment FP :)
IMG_3123D.JPG
IMG_3124.JPG
IMG_3125D.JPG
I've been wanting to try another one of the flavored popcorns near Figment so I got the cheddar one.
IMG_3127.JPG
It was fine...the Buffalo one was better. Plus my fingers got super yellow stained :hilarious:
Then sadly we had to say goodbye to Epcot.
IMG_3131.JPG
Back at the Yacht Club we still had some time to kill so I got some candy for the road...
IMG_3132D.JPG

Next up: more saying goodbye

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
Then...because my Mom and I are weirdos we headed back to the arcade :hilarious: (We dragged Jill with us).
We tried to play air hockey, but it was broken.
IMG_3163.JPG
So...we played some basketball instead.
IMG_3135D.JPG
IMG_3138D.JPG
Then we said goodbye to the pool from afar...
IMG_3140.JPG
A light for you...
IMG_3142.JPG
I wonder who's names these are...
IMG_3143D.JPG
One last selfie for the trip...
IMG_3153.JPG
Eventually our DME came...
IMG_3161.JPG
Also...I read this book and its really good! Highly recommend.
IMG_3166.JPG
And that's it. At the time I was not as sad because we were on to a new adventure (Hawaii/Disneyland)...but obviously that is not happening. Here's to hoping we can go Memorial Day Weekend (although I am not getting my hopes up) or at least the brief weekend we have planned in June :(

Anyway...thanks for reading. Overall we had a great trip! We are doing another Run Disney event in November ! The Wine and Dine 10K!

RememberWhen

Day 8 continued
Then...because my Mom and I are weirdos we headed back to the arcade :hilarious: (We dragged Jill with us).
We tried to play air hockey, but it was broken.
View attachment 461119
So...we played some basketball instead.
View attachment 461121
View attachment 461122
Then we said goodbye to the pool from afar...
View attachment 461123
A light for you...
View attachment 461124
I wonder who's names these are...
View attachment 461125
One last selfie for the trip...
View attachment 461126
Eventually our DME came...
View attachment 461127
Also...I read this book and its really good! Highly recommend.
View attachment 461128
And that's it. At the time I was not as sad because we were on to a new adventure (Hawaii/Disneyland)...but obviously that is not happening. Here's to hoping we can go Memorial Day Weekend (although I am not getting my hopes up) or at least the brief weekend we have planned in June :(

Anyway...thanks for reading. Overall we had a great trip! We are doing another Run Disney event in November ! The Wine and Dine 10K!
I hope your May/June trips work out. And I’m really hoping you were able to reschedule Aulani. It looks so beautiful! I’ve been to Hawaii a few times, but it was before Aulani was there. Oahu is a beautiful island.

Piglet_the_brave

Just caught up with your trip report, really enjoyed it and sad it’s ending. Sorry to hear about your Aulani trip being cancelled.

Looking forward to another report from you soon (hopefully) particularly your wine and dine trip.

Top Bottom