Trip Report COMPLETED The not as bad as the Griswalds report as we go....Now with Wild Africa Trek pics!

All the PTR funtivities can be had here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/16th-anniversary-ptr-first-time-cruise-here-we-come.885906/

So my wonderful DW and I wake before the crack of dawn,04:00 to be exact, for our trek from the beautiful north Georgia mountains to the MouseHouse. If you can believe it, it was the quickest 7.5 hour trip, including two pit stops, that we've made. Pulled into the Bay Lake lot about 11:45. As soon as you walk though the doors, WHAM, probably one of the most pleasant smells you'll experience smacks you in the face. We proceed to check-in. Rooms not ready, no biggie they'll text us when it is. We leave the luggage with bell services.

On to the Kingdom!

I won't lie this, is how we felt walking to MK from BLT:
3c3cf98862a616b41916e806ac88ef9a.jpg

A bit warm and muggy today, no biggie as we're basking in the Magic. Park seems a little busy, I gave it and 8 out of 10, DW says 6. It's a little after noon now and we're pretty much killing time til our 1:20 BOG test ADR. We make our way to the Fantasyland via Adventureland taking in a few shops along the way. After some sight seeing and a ride on Little Mermaid we head over to eat

Be Our Guest, but only if you can provide proof you should be eating here via a live internet page:

So naturally there is a mob of confused guests at the entrance to the bridge dumbfounded that they are not allowed to wait to eat. No bother for us, we have test ADRs! Or do we..... We go to check in and give our name and are asked if it would be under another name. Nope just us. I tell the CM that I have the confirmation number to which she replies "a confirmation number does me no good, you need to log into the website and show me your reservation on the website." Not particularly thrilled, I say "ok" and just stand there going through the motions on my phone to provide proof. Page loads and I show her to which she says " ok go to the FP line, you'll probably have to reorder your food." Whatever, we just want to eat. Not the most pleasant of CMs, of course she is having to deal with this test ADR all day. So we go through the queue, reorder, and go to sit down when whoa! Whoever was complaining about this new test not making use of all the tables can stop worrying, this place was a MADHOUSE! Loud and overflowing with people it took us about 5 minutes to find a table that was being cleaned by a CM and claimed it as ours. 15 minutes later our leek soup, onion soup, and turkey Sammy arrives. Food is very good but still CS food. My DW says it smells and feels like a cafeteria now in there now and I agree. As we leave, and to our surprise, people are queued up on the bridge waiting to get in for lunch. I guess they opened up standby again.

Fast pass Space Mountain and a leisure TTA trip before our SDMT FP.

Barnstormer 2.0, I mean the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!
I was so amped up for this only to exit with a feeling of "that was it!?!?". The ride itself is very smooth and has a few quick bursts that are immediately followed up with a " ha ha just kidding" slowdown. As many have said, the mine scene is excellent but the ride itself is lacking but perfect for the wee kids. It's 3:30 and no text about our room yet, surely just a clerical error...

4:00 check-in ain't what it used to be.

So we make it back to BLT a little concerned we haven't received a text for our room, it is aft 4 now. The CM says she she can't tell me when it will be ready. I asked why it wasn't ready by 4 to which she replies "oh, we have until 5 to get it ready for you." Again, still a little miffed and confused why it's taking this long but we decide to grab some drinks at the pool bar and wait. 4:38 we get the text. So while we wait on our 8:00 Citricos ADR I figured I'd throw some words and a few pics up at ya.
2a5c463a2e75f521fa3c55669cc714d8.jpg

783dd872e929ae8d928f573d8ff6ee23.jpg

5b8a4e7f5ad7bff823b92b151277d1f8.jpg

918e43aad9894ed4d039290425504fa8.jpg

We're still deciding if we hit the EMH after Citricos or come back and watch illuminations and Fantasmic from the balcony.

Beach Club Villas and HS tomorrow!

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Dinner first night:
Enchanted Garden, we scored a sweet seat and were introduced to our service crew Dujon and Adolfo:

Bread service, pretty decent:

Applewood Smoked Bacon Wild Mushroom Tart:

North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli:

Romaine Wedge:

Roasted Pork Tenderloin:

Prime Rib:

Some handmade confectioneries:

Warm Sticky Date Pudding:

Sweet Temptations:

Ill say this about Enchanted Garden, the service was very good but the food was just ok. Everything was clearly made well ahead of time and kept warm. The atmosphere was very nice and we were very happy to have the booth we had. Based on how interested the cruise director was in specifically knowing about our first night dining experience on the end of cruise comment cards I think dining on the first night may be issue with the cruise. Maybe we should have hit Palo up on the first night.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Closing thoughts from day 1:
Don't freakout at your first spell of "uneasiness" with the boat moving, it will pass! It hit me hard about an hour after we left port when I looked out one of the windows while in a shop but soon went away.
Make sure your drink of the day is the "adult" version if you wanted something with a kick, sadly, in my excitement I never confirmed that my DOTD was loaded. I just assumed it was really weak.
POG juice and coconut rum is AWESOME!!
Cruise Director Christian is pretty funny.

Still to come stateroom sunrise, Cabanas breakfast and making port at Nassau.

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Closing thoughts from day 1:
Don't freakout at your first spell of "uneasiness" with the boat moving, it will pass! It hit me hard about an hour after we left port and I looked out one of the windows while in a shop but soon went away.
Make sure your drink of the day is the "adult" version if you wanted something with a kick, sadly, in my excitement I never confirmed that my DOTD was loaded. I just assumed it was really weak.
POG juice and coconut rum is AWESOME!!
Cruise Director Christian is pretty funny.

Still to come stateroom sunrise, Cabanas breakfast

Great report, love the pictures. I have always wanted to do a Disney Cruise but I am terrified that I would stay sick. Looking forward to the rest of the report.

EOD K9

@lostpro9het I'm glad to see you enjoyed your time at DVC. If you buy, who is going to be my new best customer? Also, your cruise director was Christian? I am assuming Abbott...bald head, glasses, a little doofy? He was awesome. Cant wait to see more pics.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
@lostpro9het I'm glad to see you enjoyed your time at DVC. If you buy, who is going to be my new best customer?
I hope someone takes my place if/when we buy. You've been a great asset to us in experiencing DVC.

@lostpro9het Also, your cruise director was Christian? I am assuming Abbott...bald head, glasses, a little doofy? He was awesome.
Sure was! Yes, awesome CD with some funny quips I'll be writing about soon. What I liked is he actually gets out and roams and interacts with the guests. We were walking somewhere and he was just out and about, said hi and asked if we wee having a great time. After he left us we looked at each other and said " hey that was Christian!". I don't know, it seemed almost like a celebrity encounter at the time after hearing him over the PA every day and watching his info channel.

EOD K9

I hope someone takes my place if/when we buy. You've been a great asset to us in experiencing DVC.

Sure was! Yes, awesome CD with some funny quips I'll be writing about soon. What I liked is he actually gets out and roams and interacts with the guests. We were walking somewhere and he was just out and about, said hi and asked if we wee having a great time. After he left us we looked at each other and said " hey that was Christian!". I don't know, it seemed almost like a celebrity encounter at the time after hearing him over the PA every day and watching his info channel.
You're very welcome. My wife and I had the same experience with him on a few occasions as he roamed the ship.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Pulling into Nassau.

We noticed this boat pulling up beside us

I won’t lie, I had Captain Phillips running through my mind when I saw this. Someone hopped off the small boat.

Swung the boat around to back her in

lostpro9het

Original Poster
So while docking we noticed “the gathering” that occurred above Cabanas

Here you can see the entirety of the Bahama navy. They even had a group of about 20 marching back and forth on the pier.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
The Norwegian backing in, dwarfing the Carnival boat.

Little Mermaid infringement?

Another Carnival ship. We felt real sorry for the folks in the two Carnival ships. Had to be tough sailing in such shanty accommodations having to look on the Dream and Norwegian. Nassau was probably loving this weekend, 4 ships docked had to equate to a nice monetary infusion.

EOD K9

IIRC, the Sensation is almost always there when the Dream is in port. Do you wanna talk about being dwarfed?.....When we pulled in back in Feb of 2013 we dwarfed the Sensation, but next to us was either RCI's Oasis of the Seas or the Allure. When looking at the three from the Sidney Poitier bridge, the Dream looked small in comparison.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
IIRC, the Sensation is almost always there when the Dream is in port. Do you wanna talk about being dwarfed?.....When we pulled in back in Feb of 2013 we dwarfed the Sensation, but next to us was either RCI's Oasis of the Seas or the Allure. When looking at the three from the Sidney Poitier bridge, the Dream looked small in comparison.
Id like to see a picture of that! It's amazing how grand these boats can be.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Looks like you guys have been smashing my photobucket account, had to expand my bandwidth limit! Now on with the funtivities! We never had any intention of disembarking at Nassau so our goal of the day was more relaxation, explore the boat, mixology, then Palo.

Figured it was a good time to catch the AquaDuck while the kiddies were ashore:

After some swim time we decided to head over to the Buena Vista Theater to catch Guardians of the Galaxy. This movie is pretty good, the DW seemed to really like it too. Burt Macklin did a good job as a lead. After an awesome move we headed towards Cabanas for lunch. Oh look the tree has bloomed!

Cabanas lunch

The DW said the sushi was suspect and left it alone. I enjoyed my variety. No shortage of good food at Cabanas.

Our view while we enjoyed lunch

Oh look, the Gathering is back! This little fella was running laps waiting for an opportunity at food.

Still to come: Mixology, Palo, and Pirates fireworks to close out day 2.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
We came back from lunch and a movie and Lidia had cleaned our room, again. Let me take a moment to talk about how tremendously awesome Lidia is. Lidia was always around, always wanting to make sure we had everything we needed, and always bright and pleasant regardless of hour. We really enjoyed having her as our stateroom hostess. So, again, came back from our early day funtivities and rested a little bit before mixlolgy to find our pirate gear waiting for us:

Some pics of the lobby in the afternoon

Our tickets for the day

Up next, Mixology!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Mixology part 1:

So we made our way down to Pink for the class

On the menu for today’s class:
Mojito
Tequila Sunrise & “Magic” on the beach
Coco Cadillac martini
B52s

Up first, The Mojito:
Getting our muddle on

Crushed ice

Libation adition

DW approves!

Coming up next: Tequila Sunrise & “Magic” on the beach

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Mixology part 2:

Tequila Sunrise & “Magic” on the beach

Each round they ask for a volunteer to make a drink, this round I volunteered to assist our host. So this round we were each given the choice between making Tequila Sunrises or a “Magic” on the beach. What’s a “Magic” on the beach you may ask? Well, since we were on The Mouse’s boat our instructor said we would be making “Fun” on the beach.

I rebuked with, “Well we should call them “Magic” on the beach”. So there you have it, Disney Dream Definitions.

Magic on the beach

Tequila Sunrise

Working on creating some empties

Still to come, a little shake actions followed by some bombs…

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom