Trip Report *COMPLETED* The More the Merrier - November/December 2020

Hello friends!

We have been back from our most recent trip to WDW for over two months, but I have just wrapped up my September trip report, so I am a little delayed in starting this one. Nevertheless, I am excited to share this trip report with you, and hope you all enjoy following along! Let's get down to the nitty gritty!

When: Sunday, November 29th - Saturday, December 5th. Six nights! That's a long one for us.

Where: The Cabins at Fort Wilderness! If you read my trip report from September 2019, you may recall that we absolutely fell in love with Ft. Wilderness when we stayed there, and we were itching to go back! When I found a great deal on the cabins for our favorite week to go during the holidays, it was a no brainer!

Who: By this point, many of you already know me (Katie), and my husband Jason:

93A2A685-7803-4105-B91B-7577C89633E1.jpeg

We also had another passenger along for the trip, which brings me to the reason for the title:

4F0C834E-C024-4C3A-8A91-520C6E1FA60A.jpeg

We are expecting! I am due with a baby boy in June! Due date right now is the 10th, but he's measuring a little big, so I'm hoping they'll move that up, because I'm not trying to give birth to a 10-pounder! :in pain:. Some of you know that we struggled with infertility for a few years, so we are over the moon to finally be welcoming our firstborn. I was around 12/13 weeks pregnant while we were on this trip, so an alternate title for the TR could be "The One with All the HoRmOnEs."

And because I have made you wait so long for this TR, here's a bonus pic of Little Man. He does have a name, but we won't be sharing it until after he's born. And I'm not 100% decided on whether I want to share it on this platform...we'll see.

C1FBBCF0-F3C9-4420-BB0C-984F8A5FB366.jpeg

Doing Disney while pregnant was a totally different experience, and I hope that this trip report can shed some light on what that is like, in case any of you are planning future pregnancies, or traveling with a pregnant woman in the future.

91180F49-8F9A-4BFF-BD30-6D89DDB5BE51.jpeg

I hope you all enjoy following along on our trip, and make plenty of popcorn, because this is going to be a long one!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the well wishes! The past 6.5 weeks have given us a run for our money, but we are absolutely smitten with our little guy!

F10F3513-F7A4-403F-AB39-F79F2121875C.jpeg

Now, where were we?

Up next: The worst park for a pregnant lady
Ah, yes. It was now Thursday, December 3rd, and Jason woke up bright and early at 6:55 am., and I'm sure you can all guess why. The entire trip up to this point, I had been begging Jason to go on some of his favorite rides that I could not ride, but he insisted on staying with me. This day, he was willing to make an exception and finally experience Rise of the Resistance, if he could successfully score a boarding group....and he did! He managed to get Group 55, and thought the next best course of action was to wake up a sleeping pregnant lady to tell her the news. 😂

I finally rolled out of bed around 8:00 am to get ready for the day, and we headed out of the cabin around 9:00. The HS bus was completely full, which should come as a shock to no one, but thankfully they had another one line up right behind it. Unsurprisingly, the line for temp and bag check was pretty backed up, but we managed to make it into the park in no time. I hadn't had time to eat my pop tart in the cabin that morning, and I was hangry, so we stopped at a table outside of Starbucks so I could have my breakfast. Afterward, we hopped in line for Runaway Railway, around 9:45 am.

113C756E-52D5-462E-B111-9C9505D35A1A.jpeg

The wait was posted at 60 minutes, and we ended up waiting about 50. This was one of two attractions I was able to do at HS, so we didn't mind waiting. We did, however, mind waiting behind the lady in front of us in line. She stared at her phone the entire time we were in line, and was not paying any attention to her surroundings, so we were constantly having to wait on her to figure out that the party in front of her had moved, and she needed to move forward. Multiple CMs said something to her, but she was in her own world. I was so relieved when we made it to the front, and she was put in a different ride vehicle than us, because I'm sure she stared at her phone through the entire ride too. :grumpy:

E07B4DBE-7991-4F9A-804E-845BBD8453AB.jpeg

We both agreed that we were able to enjoy the ride much more this time around, since we weren't glued to our phones trying to get a ROTR boarding pass, like we were in September. Next up was the only other ride I could do in Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Mania. When we made it over to Toy Story Land, the line for TSM was backed up alllll the way to the Incredibles area, near the former TSM entrance. It was posted at a 40 minute wait, but shockingly, we only waited 25.

0E6F2332-4518-481A-A228-FB0904FED3D1.jpeg

Jason absolutely destroyed me this time around. Normally we're neck and neck up until the very last round, but the baby was slowing me down...that's the excuse I gave anyway. ;)

2DF3AB09-A9F0-41E8-827E-7C7171521FE3.jpeg

After we got off of Toy Story Mania, it was around 11:25, and baby was hungry again. We decided to mobile order Woody's Lunchbox, since we hadn't had it in a few trips. Anyone who has eaten here knows how hard it is to get a table, so we were shocked when we not only got a sit-down table, but the coveted Babybel table! I had to take a picture to commemorate.

B3B26F4E-B184-40BE-8C91-53A81FE048DF.jpeg

For lunch, I got the brisket grilled cheese, and J got the Totchos. Normally it's the other way around, and we both agreed that we prefer our usual dishes from Woody's. We both got the Mystic Portal Punch, which at the time was served in the form of a slush. It was good, but we both preferred it in its original form.

22615484-CA6C-4CAB-ADE3-EEB71A3A5B6F.jpeg

After lunch, we had done everything I could do in HS (ride-wise), and Rise had been down most of the day up to that point, so Jason's boarding group was nowhere near being called. We decided to make our way out of the park, but first, Jason had a purchase he needed to make. We weren't hungry (it would only be a matter of time for the pregnant lady though 😂), but he had wanted this popcorn bucket since 2019, so we weren't passing up the chance to get it!

3F11B039-6070-48FC-A20B-E6FEE1EF88D6.jpeg

Alien bucket in hand, we made our way out of HS. Rather than going directly to the Ft. Wilderness bus stop, I suggested we take a spin on the Skyliner. It was nice to get off our feet for a while and enjoy the views! Who would have ever predicted that I, the woman who is terrified of the ferris wheel at DCA, would suggest going on the Skyliner??

19CF6B35-7CF4-4C63-A275-8D62DE6CB005.jpeg

After our leisurely ride, it was time to head back to our resort for some down time. Bus stop selfie!

F49E984A-FEB9-44DF-96DD-77E7E89EC3AB.jpeg

Up next: Horses horses horses horses....

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Thursday, December 3rd - Hollywood Studios Day - Continued

We took a bus back to Ft. Wilderness, and headed to our cabin to rest for a about an hour. After getting some rest, we hopped back in the golf cart and headed up to the Settlement to check out the newly reopened Tri Circle D Ranch. It had been closed for refurbishment during our September 2019 stay, and what a refurbishment it was!

47D59484-E80F-43FD-9C18-DDF238B850D4.jpeg
This place is seriously gorgeous. The theming seems a little modern compared to the rest of Ft. Wilderness, but I think they were trying to match it more with the upcoming Reflections DVC resort (is that still happening?). We took our time wandering around and visiting with the horses. Skyler here is one we’ve met before - he took us on our carriage ride at Port Orleans with my “Disney Aunt and Uncle” back in 2018!

670CFCA2-DBCC-40CD-826F-89608B6BA68D.jpeg

FF42A63B-3BA5-4709-AC7E-F6F22AF1DAD8.jpeg

Brutus was super friendly. The signs tell you not to touch the horses, but a nearby CM came over and let us pet him. 🥰

4B7CBEEA-FECB-4E0B-87D9-33B49C6788AB.jpeg

More horses!

CFAEF2D3-D829-43CA-8E34-8E7556B0F9EA.jpeg

EF964C41-7CE6-4057-A06F-CF8C841E23DD.jpeg

242FE38E-F428-4D86-A129-215483D45757.jpeg

We really enjoyed finally getting to check out the stables. I don’t have a picture for some reason, but we also checked out the antique calliope while we were there! After waving goodbye to our four-legged friends, we headed back to the cabin, stopping in the two gift shops along the way.

23644814-E196-4063-99DA-378BF0B55D7A.jpeg

Up next: I almost chuck a golf ball at someone 😇

k8einwdw

Original Poster

After checking out Tri Circle D Ranch, we hopped in the golf cart and drove back up to the cabin. We quickly grabbed our stuff, and then hopped in the car and drove to...

A414AA52-67CB-4BBC-88B9-8122D9D994AF.jpeg

Winter Summerland!

If you've read any of my previous trip reports, you'll know that Jason and I try to make time to play mini golf during all of our WDW trips. Now that we'll have a bebe tagging along, it'll probably be a few years before we can pick that tradition back up again. Anywho, during our holiday season trips, we always try to play mini golf at Winter Summerland, so we were so excited that it reopened in time for our trip!

2DB24BEA-904F-4ECE-AE4E-65D008FEBB14.jpeg

We decided to play the Winter side of the course, which is more traditional Christmas themed.

D7682F11-202A-4F40-A9BA-16BDC1019A7B.jpeg

In front of us, there was a family that was vlogging their experience. We've noticed the last couple years that everyone seems to be vlogging now...It made them a little slower than they would be otherwise, but no biggie, we had nowhere to go. The people behind us, however, were an issue. Behind us were two girls, probably early to mid-twenties, and they seemed to be in a huge rush - mini golf is not a quick activity. Multiple times, one of them would putt their ball when either Jason or I was still standing on the course. One time, one of them straight up hit me with their golf ball. Now, I may have been a raging ball of pregnancy hormones, but that would annoy me anytime. The worst part is, they didn't even apologize. At one point, I turned to Jason and said, "If they do it again, I'm confiscating their golf ball." I've never been so glad to finish a round of mini golf.

86924516-E410-408A-8E32-7E3037295122.jpeg

Despite being annoyed by the rude girls, I managed to clinch a win, which doesn't happen often!

412BDFC5-AFDA-429C-B8BA-8987F175B370.jpeg

Up next, back to Hollywood Studios!

k8einwdw

Original Poster

After leaving Winter Summerland, we headed back to our cabin, and saw that they were about 15 groups away from calling Jason's boarding group, so we decided to hop on a bus and head back to Hollywood Studios. It was around 4:30 when we left, and we had Shirley Status on the bus!

56EC17EE-95AB-4F40-A273-01E7790B8ADD.jpeg

We made it into HS around 4:50, and Jason's BG still hadn't been called, so we wandered around for a while taking some pics. I just love what they've done with the holiday decor at HS over the last couple years!

AA18736E-DCC0-4173-B8B3-FE4B4CA24798.jpeg

99CA50F8-447F-4963-9B6A-D46D3CD963D1.jpeg

3B576D03-EE28-4918-AED0-CDE5F28E470E.jpeg

3283B740-41A1-4AAC-BBDC-8939BAE77179.jpeg

3627B15C-902A-4121-92B5-FCA8B0BEA987.jpeg

C61DE027-4E6A-4423-BF47-C356F7748E3E.jpeg

B57E7106-B2E7-4310-A97B-1B52F9922974.jpeg

A10B7A2E-0224-4705-AC5D-BABC80D4594C.jpeg

7635044E-24E4-4B90-9649-D743D3590C37.jpeg

Up next: Frozen fun and solo time in HS

Songbird76

After checking out Tri Circle D Ranch, we hopped in the golf cart and drove back up to the cabin. We quickly grabbed our stuff, and then hopped in the car and drove to...

View attachment 575255

Winter Summerland!

If you've read any of my previous trip reports, you'll know that Jason and I try to make time to play mini golf during all of our WDW trips. Now that we'll have a bebe tagging along, it'll probably be a few years before we can pick that tradition back up again. Anywho, during our holiday season trips, we always try to play mini golf at Winter Summerland, so we were so excited that it reopened in time for our trip!

View attachment 575254

We decided to play the Winter side of the course, which is more traditional Christmas themed.

View attachment 575257

In front of us, there was a family that was vlogging their experience. We've noticed the last couple years that everyone seems to be vlogging now...It made them a little slower than they would be otherwise, but no biggie, we had nowhere to go. The people behind us, however, were an issue. Behind us were two girls, probably early to mid-twenties, and they seemed to be in a huge rush - mini golf is not a quick activity. Multiple times, one of them would putt their ball when either Jason or I was still standing on the course. One time, one of them straight up hit me with their golf ball. Now, I may have been a raging ball of pregnancy hormones, but that would annoy me anytime. The worst part is, they didn't even apologize. At one point, I turned to Jason and said, "If they do it again, I'm confiscating their golf ball." I've never been so glad to finish a round of mini golf.

View attachment 575258

Despite being annoyed by the rude girls, I managed to clinch a win, which doesn't happen often!

View attachment 575259

Up next, back to Hollywood Studios!
That's horrible!! And so unsafe! If they had hit you in the head or something, you could have gotten a concussion! And to not even apologize!! I think I would have confiscated the ball and told them they could have it back when you were done!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
That's horrible!! And so unsafe! If they had hit you in the head or something, you could have gotten a concussion! And to not even apologize!! I think I would have confiscated the ball and told them they could have it back when you were done!
Believe me, I was tempted to take it and tell them that they could have it back when they could be responsible enough to use it properly! 😂

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Hi everyone, thank you for being so patient as I've taken ages to finish this report. I went back to work today, so my posting should become more regular. It was tough leaving my little buddy this morning after being together basically 24/7 for 10 weeks, but I'm thankful that he will be staying with my MIL during the day, instead of going to daycare. Daycare was the original plan before my MIL decided to retire early, and I'm sure it would have been 100x harder leaving him with strangers. :cry:

8780C122-29F5-48CB-A9E3-968CCBB4DDD4.jpeg

Once I get caught up on the 4000+ emails in my work inbox...yep, that's 3 zeros...I'll be back to my regularly scheduled programming!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Hi everyone, thank you for being so patient as I've taken ages to finish this report. I went back to work today, so my posting should become more regular. It was tough leaving my little buddy this morning after being together basically 24/7 for 10 weeks, but I'm thankful that he will be staying with my MIL during the day, instead of going to daycare. Daycare was the original plan before my MIL decided to retire early, and I'm sure it would have been 100x harder leaving him with strangers. :cry:
😭😭 I’m already getting sad about going back.

Hope your first day back went ok and that you come home to plenty of baby smiles

😍😍
Once I get caught up on the 4000+ emails in my work inbox...yep, that's 3 zeros...I'll be back to my regularly scheduled programming!

That’s a lot of email. 😳 I’ve been bad and periodically check my work email to delete the nothing ones so I only have real emails left when I’m back. But if I left them all I’m sure it wouldn’t have been thousands!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
😭😭 I’m already getting sad about going back.

Hope your first day back went ok and that you come home to plenty of baby smiles

😍😍

That’s a lot of email. 😳 I’ve been bad and periodically check my work email to delete the nothing ones so I only have real emails left when I’m back. But if I left them all I’m sure it wouldn’t have been thousands!
It's definitely hard, but dropping him off has gotten a little easier every day. My company changed email servers while I was out, and all of our emails from April to now had not migrated into their proper folders, so that's why I had so many emails. I'm still not through them all lol
I know it’s hard to believe, but there will days when you will HAPPILY leave them with someone else while you go to work. Not lots, but some … and you won’t feel guilty about it either 😉
Today might have been one of those days - Jason is off on Fridays, so Lincoln has been home today. He boycotted napping from 9:45am to 3:00 pm. 😬

k8einwdw

Original Poster

After Jason and I walked around admiring and taking photos of the holiday decorations, we went our separate ways, as his boarding group was about to be called, and I wanted to watch the Frozen sing-along. I made it into the theater around 5:20 for the 5:30 show, and got the literal last seat in the house, alllll the way on the end of the front row.

CE543A85-0A9D-42C6-A4D5-0EBFB9A536C6.jpeg

I absolutely love the holiday version of this show. "When We're Together" gets me misty-eyed every time I hear it!

F8A46277-8198-4C21-ACD9-1061F23B07B4.jpeg

Jason's boarding group was called right at 5:30, and it was dark outside by the time I made it out of the theater around 6:00, so I meandered around HS, enjoying the nighttime atmosphere.

1F09C645-1AEA-4AA5-8972-B618E897E73D.jpeg

I stopped for a few minutes to watch the projections on the Tower of Terror...

1022159C-6037-4283-8393-8D474D44BE63.jpeg

9B593489-D9D2-4739-9C6D-6A8E2BDB0166.jpeg

Grabbed a picture of the Creepy Christmas Babies...

A31A9944-CEE7-48B1-B050-67F0CB3F70F5.jpeg

Wandered into Toy Story Land...

FEE637A0-8CAC-423C-B91D-42452A49E9CB.jpeg

And then into Galaxy's Edge, hoping Jason would be out of ROTR at any minute.

1658EEE9-6095-4719-AA28-6DC4C161377F.jpeg

00E537AF-EA2C-40BB-96F8-BA38EB640342.jpeg

But he wasn't out any minute. ROTR had been down for so long that day, that the line for people whose boarding group had been called was astronomically long. It was after 6:30 at that point, and we had a 6:50 reservation at Mama Melrose. I decided to hang out in the Muppet Courtyard area to wait for Jason.

6058E94B-857D-4AC2-8162-71B59EFDF6A9.jpeg

Up next: Will Jason make it out in time for our dinner reservation? What did he think about ROTR? Stay tuned to find out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom