Trip Report * COMPLETED* The Let's Never Go Home Trip

Hey everyone! I don't have all my pictures and videos sorted or anything yet but its a rainy cold day here in Buffalo so why not work on my trip report :) I took over 4000 videos and pictures (I started a youtube channel for my videos :happy: ) so bear with me as I sort through them all! All and all we had a great trip and I wish we weren't home already :(

For those of you who want to see my PTR here it is: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-dole-whip-extravaganza.910063/

Let's get started!

Who?:
From left to right: My Dad (Jeff), My Mom (Mary), Nick (Jill's Boyfriend), My Sister Jill (@Disney Dentist ) and Me (Megan!)
PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7674127906.jpg

When?
Jill and Nick were there from April 29 - May 6
My parents and I were there from April 30 - May 12

Where?
We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter! Its our favorite hotel (moderate wise) for sure and it did not disappoint this trip :) We had a great time there and after not having stayed there for a few trips we really enjoyed being back at our "home."

Why?
Why not? We planned this trip before my mom and I went to DL and WDW by ourselves; it was originally a trip to help us get through our post Disney depression from February 2015 but we also ended up going twice more before this....haha

The Title?
We were there for a record (for us) 13 days and it seemed like we were never going to have to leave...unfortunately day 13 did come and we did eventually have to go home. Even after being there for so long I still wasn't ready to leave!

T-1 Day to go:
Jill and Nick were already in Disney but my parents and I could not leave until Saturday because I have clinic on Fridays which is non-negitionable (we get our vacation in two week blocks so technically my vacation didn't start until May 2 but luckily I was able to get the weekend off before). Anyway we had Jills dogs to take care of for one day. I was off my from regular rotation in the morning which was nice because we had time to get our nails done. However, just about an hour before I had to go to clinic my sister's one dog had some issues :hungover: Here I am bathing him (with my fresh manicure) right before having to go to work...
IMG_2190.JPG

Meanwhile this is the text I get when I am at clinic....
IMG_2191.JPG

Must be nice...;) Anyway we got him cleaned up and when I got home from work we got the dogs all situated at their respective places to stay. We then checked we packed everything and I made my Dad sit down with me and make sure he had everything he needed. This will come into play later since he really wasn't paying attention to me :happy:

Day 1 Travel Day
Well our flight was leaving at 6:50 am so we got up around 4:00 am to get ready to go. Luckily we live close to the airport but still planned on leaving around 5 am to make sure we had time. I had a weird feeling all morning that the airport was going to be packed so I was a little more anxious than usual
IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG

Anyway we shoved our five (yes five, and my 2 were both full size) suitcases into my Dad's car and off we went to the airport. We ended up leaving a little before 5. We got to the airport and we parked and had to drag our suitcases into the terminal. Its not that far but I was spoiled by our last few trips where my Dad dropped us off at the door haha. Anyway as we were on the elevator I was super anxious and my Dad was like calm down its never that crowded. Literally as soon as he said that the door opened and what did we see? A HUGE line for security...like out the entrance for it all the way through the airport. :eek::confused: I almost panicked but instead thought "oh no worries we almost always get TSA pre-check." So we check in and the tickets come out and no pre-check for my Mom and I. My Dad always gets it because he is a government/army employee. He was going to wait in line with us but I told him to go ahead so in case we were so long we didn't get to board on time he could save our seats. I also assumed maybe he would get us breakfast...spoiler alert he didn't haha
Anyway my poor mother had to deal with me through the almost hour we waited in security..I was so nervous we were going to miss our flight (or at least boarding). Luckily we got out around 6:15 and our boarding was 6:25.
My mom and I met my Dad at the gate and while he didn't get us breakfast he did get us cookies so there is that :) Thumbs up we made it on time, as I am sure many people did not make it! In fact our flight definitely left without some people.
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_4111.JPG

My penguin and dinosaur were ready to go!
IMG_4113.JPG

We were in the early A's so we got a good seat and immediately put on our magic bands :)
IMG_1082.JPG

Next up: traveling continued

LisaBelle

All caught up! Were you able to find a teapot/cup combo in the UK? Your Citrus Breeze drink looks super yummy. I loved that your dad got into the character meet and greet at Garden Grill! Loved the scooter stories…."Scooter Wars" lol! Cute picture of Jill at Monsieur Paul. Is @Disney Dentist still planning to write a TR? If so, it will be fun to see your trip from two viewpoints.

LindsayLoves

Yeah I feel you could write a book about all the scooter wars and scooter related incidents that occur in the parks. I feel for the bus drivers. In May one bus driver actually drove a scooter off a semi-full bus because he knew if he let the woman riding it do it there would've been broken bones and many feet run over.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
All caught up! Were you able to find a teapot/cup combo in the UK? Your Citrus Breeze drink looks super yummy. I loved that your dad got into the character meet and greet at Garden Grill! Loved the scooter stories…."Scooter Wars" lol! Cute picture of Jill at Monsieur Paul. Is @Disney Dentist still planning to write a TR? If so, it will be fun to see your trip from two viewpoints.

I did find one! I will have to post you a picture when I unpack it :) I'm currently in the process of looking for a house so I am trying to not unpack too much stuff! I don't know if Jill is planning on writing a report! I am no sure she has enough pictures haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yeah I feel you could write a book about all the scooter wars and scooter related incidents that occur in the parks. I feel for the bus drivers. In May one bus driver actually drove a scooter off a semi-full bus because he knew if he let the woman riding it do it there would've been broken bones and many feet run over.

I know I always feel bad for the bus drivers! Thats actually pretty funny about him driving it off...they should always do that haha it would save at least 5 minutes

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Glad you found a teapot :). Good luck with the house hunt!

Thank you! Finding a house is tough work :(

Ahh im loving this! your family is so fun!

Aw thanks! Thanks for reading!

I can't believe you got that pretzel for free! That's funny!

Dying at all of the chaos on your bus ride.. You have to laugh at people. I've seen some of the most bizarre things happen on Disney busses lol.

Seriously....people are insane! When you ate pretzels in Disney did you try the cheese cups?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yes and they were sooooo yummy! They just gave me one.. Did you have to pay for yours? Or maybe I misinterpreted you lol. Anyway, I absolutely hate the spicy nacho cheese and I figured that's what it would be. I was pleasantly surprised!

I had to pay for mine some of the time and not others...but I always had to ask for it! Weird!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
They really need to make the bus shelters bigger and if people would fall into line the way they should things would go a lot smoother!!!!

The bus shelters are so tiny at Disney Springs its kind of weird, especially since its becoming more and more popular!
You both will be happy to hear that the new DS bus shelters outside Town Center are MUCH larger with regular queues and are covered. Of course, you can still get wet when it rains sideways as we discovered...:oops:

Love the "French Quarter shuffle"!

Can't wait to read about your next day, as I have a feeling it was our *rainy* first day! :D

Doc Disney

Original Poster
You both will be happy to hear that the new DS bus shelters outside Town Center are MUCH larger with regular queues and are covered. Of course, you can still get wet when it rains sideways as we discovered...:oops:

Love the "French Quarter shuffle"!

Can't wait to read about your next day, as I have a feeling it was our *rainy* first day! :D

Oh good! The old shelters were so tiny! It was your first day :(

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5
When I woke up this morning I legitimately thought that it must have been like 330 am because it was so dark out. However, it was like 7:00 am and it was just so rainy!
Yikes
IMG_1643.PNG

My mom and I got ready and went to the Food Court to get some breakfast for us and my Dad. The nice thing about POFQ is that you can essentially make it the entire way to the Food Court under the cover of the balconies! I did not bring my camera because of the rain, but my Mom had her waffle and I got beignets. I ordered them and accidentally threw out my receipt so when they called my name and asked for my receipt I had to tell them I lost it haha. Luckily there were only like 10 other people there so they remembered me! The beignets were good but not as good as Cafe Du Monde :)
We walked my Dad's bagel and coffee back to him and got ready to leave. We weren't sure if Jill and Nick were going to come or not because Nick wouldn't really ride anything at HS, but Jill texted us to say she was coming and Nick was going to stay behind. When we got to HS it was just opening (which was early) and there was no rope drop anywhere!
P.S. I have very limited pictures this day because of the rain!
IMG_1137.JPG

Look at poor Mickey up there in the dark clouds!
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0002.JPG

We planned on heading to Aerosmith, but it was closed so we decided to suck it up and go on Tower of Terror..I say suck it up because we all kind of hate this ride (except my Dad). Only because its scary!
Bahaha my Mom!
PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_384464903972.jpg

When we got off there was a 5 minute wait so my Dad and I decided to go on again!
While we were on Jill and my Mom got a quick photoshoot :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7676524109.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7676524113.jpg

My Dad and I were on the ride by ourselves! It made it a little extra scary haha! There were a few other people in line but they all went to the left elevator and we went to the right!
PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7676528270.jpg

When we got back the CM asked where everyone else was and I said they didn't make it haha ;):p
I was wearing my Star Wars shirt since it was May 4th (May the 4th be with you...)
PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7676529813.jpg
\
When we got off the ride we looked at the app and the wait time for Toy Story was only 30 minutes so we headed over. When we got there it was 40 minutes, but we decided to wait anyway
IMG_1141.jpg

Next up: continuing in the rain

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued:
We definitely waited no more than like 20 minutes so the wait time was definitely off!
Jill and I played together...I won :p Best in car, best in hour and almost (sadly since its not very good) best of the day haha
DSCF0017.JPG

So far the rain actually held off so it was not too bad outside. The park was dead though! People must have really not wanted to come out in the rain!
The green army men were out wreaking havoc as usual ;)
IMG_1143.jpg

Since we went on Toy Story we switched our Fast Pass to GMR and then headed to Aerosmith since it was open with a short 10 minute wait
IMG_1146.JPG

My Dad's name popped up in line
IMG_1644.jpg

These ride pictures always make me laugh!
PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7676604334.jpg

We had a great ride as always :)
IMG_1145.JPG

We tried to fit a Star Wars themed picture in...poor attempt haha
IMG_1144.jpg

After this it was time for the GMR. I have no pictures of this because as I'm sure you all know by now I hate that ride. I also think Jill was going to kill me if I sang out " hollyyyywooooddd" one more time. My Dad and Jill liked the new changes. I don't mind them either but overall just plum don't like the ride.
It started pouring after this so we ran to Star Tours (no pictures) for our FP then headed out.
My poncho was inside out but it was an error that could not be remedied because it never dried enough for me to switch it haha
IMG_1147.JPG

We had some lunch in the cafeteria. Jill was sad because she did not know how small a kid's pizza was :happy:
IMG_1148.JPG

My Mom also had a pizza and they both said they were good!
My Dad and I split the quesadilla which was pretty good!
IMG_1149.JPG

Next up rain continued and I have a heart attack (not literally)

prfctlyximprct

That tower of terro picture tho! Love it!!!! How awesome! My first trip I got to go on TOT with just my friend and her mom and it was such a different ride! I swear it's scarier when there's no one else! And those garden grill pictures have got me thinking about changing my ADRs yet again...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom