Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Hotter Than Hades Birthday Trip

Hey guys...sorry I am super delayed in writing this and I am certain it will take me forever to write this one too! But....I do want to share it so here we go!

Who?
Back to the usual ....my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)

When?
July 9 - 17, 2021

Where?
We stayed at the Yacht Club again :)

Why?
My 33rd Birthday - and it was hot out.....:hilarious: Also - I barely took my camera out so most of these photos are my from my phone. Sorry in advance :)

Day 1 July 9 2021
We got up at 3 am (😩), got ready and headed to the airport. My Mom stayed at my house so we could just drive together and not wake my Dad up :)
We got to the airport around 3:45 am and we were stuck in the Southwest line for forever because everyone forgot how to pack a suitcase, check in, take out a passport, etc etc.
Anyway - we eventually made it through security and to our gate.
Time for our usual date sign!
tempImageukVcjL.jpg

tempImage7srchn.jpg

Airport living...
tempImageqYHY15.jpg

We were in row 2 on the plane!
tempImage7FL4Nw.jpg

We actually had a layover in Chicago which was super annoying. It was essentially the same distance from Chicago to Orlando as it is from Buffalo to Orlando so it was an extra 1.5 hour flight for the same distance essentially :banghead:
Obviously it could not be helped as Southwest added this layover after I booked and there were no other options but we still complained :joyfull:
There was barely anything open at Midway to eat so we got some donuts. I only took a photo of one of them apparently. Off to a great start :hilarious:
tempImagejRMgS9.jpg

It was stale so would not recommend :joyfull:
Anyway eventually we got on our second plane
Magic Band twins!
tempImagebgqpty.jpg

We made it finally!
tempImage08e1BL.jpg

Fonorail photos!
tempImageVUa99B.jpg

tempImageeNIrge.jpg

tempImagevElkjZ.jpg

Next up: Day 1 continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 July 10, 2021
We got up around 6:30 am and got ready for the day. We got Boarding Group 44 for Rise!
We headed down to get some breakfast and grabbed a brownie and cupcake. Breakfast of champions
tempImageiHLdO6.jpg

tempImageU4nUo1.jpg

Then we walked over to DHS!
We arrived around 7:45 am and got shuffled between a few lines
tempImagewlJjVF.jpg

tempImageE3pFpA.jpg

We were let in the park at 8:05 and thought we were good to go but turns out they were back to rope drops :rolleyes:
tempImageCEV3WS.jpg

tempImage5mQ1Nw.jpg

It got very crowded behind us! We put our masks on quickly !
tempImageCSgoUj.jpg

They opened the park at 8:30 and we of course headed right to SDD. I will say....I did not miss rope drop and being squished in with tons of people. It was one of my biggest pet peeves this whole trip. It's not like COVID is over. This was one of the main reasons we canceled our trip in August.
tempImageeK5KGH.jpg

tempImageJveP6l.jpg

tempImagesjpQlo.jpg

Next up: more DHS

SammyMF

After this *and a bit of shopping* we headed over to Alien Swirling Saucers

Not sure yet how this kind of thing works now with covid. I am told they will no longer deliver purchases in the parks to your resort. Nor in a pickup area at the park exit. I dont really look forward to having to lug around a bag of goodies all around the park all day.

Songbird76

Day 2 continued
We were in need of some A.C. so we headed to One Man's Dream
View attachment 585958
View attachment 585960
View attachment 585961
View attachment 585962
View attachment 585963
View attachment 585964
View attachment 585965
As per usual we mobile ordered lunch to be ready for 11:00 am :hilarious:
We chose Backlot Express and got some chicken tenders and plastic cheese :)
View attachment 585966
View attachment 585967
During lunch our group was called!
View attachment 585968
I know it's just chicken tenders and fries with plastic cheese, but it looks SO good!!! I want some!

PolynesianPrincess

Following along!!

We did NOT miss rope drop on our May trip!! We LOVED getting in early. We walked on FOP and on one of our DHS days we had done Tower and RNRC twice before the park even opened at 9 AND our BG was called for Rise. We were off Rise by 9:10am!

Love some Liberty Tree!! Last time we were there we were stuck over in Golden Horseshoe. Missed the theming of the restaurant.

Figments Friend

Not sure yet how this kind of thing works now with covid. I am told they will no longer deliver purchases in the parks to your resort. Nor in a pickup area at the park exit. I dont really look forward to having to lug around a bag of goodies all around the park all day.

Purchased items from most on property shops can be mailed directly to your home for a reasonable price.
Just tell the Cast Member who assists you at the register that you would like the items shipped and they will have you fill out a paper with your mailing info.
As of last September ( 2020 ) this option was still availible.

The other option is to rent a locker at the Park you are visiting.
A self service machine will help you choose the size you need or desire, and show current prices.

Happy shopping!
:)

-

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Purchased items from most on property shops can be mailed directly to your home for a reasonable price.
Just tell the Cast Member who assists you at the register that you would like the items shipped and they will have you fill out a paper with your mailing info.
As of last September ( 2020 ) this option was still availible.

The other option is to rent a locker at the Park you are visiting.
A self service machine will help you choose the size you need or desire, and show current prices.

Happy shopping!
:)

-
Was still the same policy on Feb of 2021. @Tuvalu can you lend any knowledge?

Doc Disney

Original Poster

Looks like @Figments Friend @Tuvalu answered :) We did the same thing as @Tuvalu and bought everything right before leaving the park

I know it's just chicken tenders and fries with plastic cheese, but it looks SO good!!! I want some!

Plastic cheese always looks good :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Following along!!

We did NOT miss rope drop on our May trip!! We LOVED getting in early. We walked on FOP and on one of our DHS days we had done Tower and RNRC twice before the park even opened at 9 AND our BG was called for Rise. We were off Rise by 9:10am!

Love some Liberty Tree!! Last time we were there we were stuck over in Golden Horseshoe. Missed the theming of the restaurant.

Ugh I hated Rope Drop...I wish the parks opened early like before!! We had Golden Horseshoe last time too and I agree it just wasn't the same!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
More Rise
tempImage7zRibp.jpg

D3D754E8-846B-47C1-928F-A76889EE94E0.jpeg

tempImageijXeFx.jpg

7FD84D03-F96F-4C0C-91FA-89E791B12CA8.jpeg

8FDDD8A6-AD3E-4E5E-9A9E-C7F9F7E5875D.jpeg

Took a few IG photos after....I don't know why I was making this face :hilarious:
tempImage87reTU.jpg

tempImageBBttPk.jpg

After this we walked back to the Yacht Club.
My Mom loves the water they put in the lobby
tempImagekIynzH.jpg

My Mom had a Mickey Bar that she stuck out the door to let me take a photo of :joyfull:
tempImageWFnfY1.jpg

I took this photo of my water to show my sister I actually drank some :joyfull::joyfull: I live in a constant state of dehydration
tempImagePOiQGl.jpg

Next up: more randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We headed down to the quiet pool after this. As much as we love the main pool sometimes it's nice to be in the quiet.
tempImage101bt0.jpg

tempImageJKf2Xo.jpg

A2F5F2CC-2F91-4254-A609-F0083171415B.jpeg

After our pool time we headed up to the room to get ready for dinner. Oh....and my Mom bought me this adorable ornament !
tempImagea1kp5J.jpg

Our usual pre-evening balcony photos :)
tempImage6eLdXV.jpg

tempImageF86qMw.jpg

We decided to take the boat over to DHS since it was so hot. Random waiting for the boat photos...
tempImageh0p5fQ.jpg

tempImageJI0yDc.jpg

We saw Donald and Minnie on our way in!
tempImageBL0p2h.jpg

We mobile checked in for our dinner at Brown Derby....and took some more photos while outside :hilarious:
tempImagefCCyks.jpg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
tempImageCBHbls.jpg

We were seated pretty quickly - and we were thankful because we were sweating :hilarious:
tempImagemLDxSc.jpg

tempImageAqDsKm.jpg

tempImagelBSMOC.jpg

tempImageeAeJul.jpg

I took a photo of the butter and not the bread :banghead::hilarious:
tempImageRFVfOC.jpg

For drinks I ordered the Manhattan
tempImageXtupzK.jpg

And my Mom ordered a Whiskey Sour
tempImagexd6ptN.jpg

For an appetizer we ordered the charcuterie
tempImageHRMGk6.jpg

Next up: more dinner

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
For entrees my Mom ordered the Chicken a la king. We said it looked like it belonged at the Festival of the Arts Deconstructed Dish booth :hilarious:
tempImageLjoLEV.jpg

And I ordered the Cobb salad
tempImagejbQLJV.jpg

The table behind us kept trying to say gawrsh like Goofy and for some reason it had my Mom and I in hysterics :hilarious:
For dessert we ordered the Grapefruit Cake
tempImageFzlFlJ.jpg

We didn't feel very excited about the cake but we otherwise had a great meal!!! We were happy we tried the Brown Derby again because our last experience was lackluster :)
Anyway...after dinner we were going to head out of the park but noticed that Runway Railway had a short wait so we hopped in line
tempImage2y10kx.jpg

tempImagewXrRi1.jpg

It was posted 40 minutes but we waited 15!
tempImageHi0h6I.jpg

tempImagetj1WHK.jpg

9680DA76-45B7-4198-A97E-3AD5B9790AB2.jpeg

After our ride we walked back to the Yacht Club and headed to the Ale and Compass lounge. My Mom wanted to get a drink to toast what would have been her Dad's 100th Birthday with my aunt on FaceTime. We originally thought about Abracadabar but I already had one drink and after last trip I live in fear of heartburn so we figured we would save that for a time I haven't had a drink yet. It was pretty crowded in there so we walked to the back of the bar and got some drinks to go. My Mom got a moscato and I got a Shirley temple :)
We drank them on our balcony and FaceTimed our family from there!
tempImageOkGC2j.jpg

Next up: Epcot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom