Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's Go To Disney: a Birthday Extravaganza

Me: I'm not going to write trip reports
Also me : butttttt....I really like writing them :hilarious:

I swear I did not intend on writing this. I did not even take notes or that many photos but...I do enjoy writing them so here we go. Definitely less photos than I usually take so sorry!

Who?
The 4 M's as Max calls us :)
My sister Betta (her name is Elizabeth we call her Betta - to Max it's Mom (obviously) that's one M), Me (Megan), Max, and my Mom (Mary)
466638886.jpeg

Where?
The Contemporary - our first time staying in the Garden Wing/View buildings or whatever they are called

When?
September 12-15, 2019

Why?
It was my sister's Birthday. If you read my last TR you would know she called us while on that trip and asked us to join her on a last minute Birthday trip :)

September 12, 2019
Max and Betta left from Rochester and on an earlier flight so it was just my Mom and I heading down from Buffalo.
We both had to work so quickly packed up when we got home and headed to the airport.
Traffic was light and the airport was pretty quiet so we made our way quickly through checking our luggage and security.
Here is me with my nerdy folder with our confirmation numbers :hilarious:
file-156.jpg

Then we stopped for some dinner at Anchor Bar in the airport.
The airport may have been quiet but literally everyone was at the Anchor Bar I swear. It was packed.
We shared boneless wings and fries :)
FnL%OTBKQ8KcNNFLetXUZQ.jpg

g3TZcjLLS36cIXKDZ1mk8g.jpg

file-157.jpg

After our dinner we headed to our gate
IMG_6269.JPG

In typical leaving in the evening fashion our flight was delayed because of Baltimore. Literally - they can not get their act together I swear. They left late and that was our plane. :banghead:
IMG_6272.JPG

So we killed time by taking our usual dates photos :hilarious:
DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

Next up: short post to finish up Day 1

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
The park was closing in 10 minutes so we quickly walked over to Dumbo
DSC_0308.JPG

DSC_0310.JPG

IMG_6450.JPG

After our ride they told us we could stay on if we wanted to so we did
IMG_6451.JPG

They told us we could stay on again but we elected to get off. What a great night in the MK though in less than an hour we did 5 attractions/rides.
In our way out we caught the Once Upon a Time show. We haven't seen this in awhile so it was nice to see.
IMG_6455.JPG

IMG_6459.JPG

IMG_6460.JPG

DSC_0313.JPG

After this we walked back to the room and that was it for the night :)

Next up: Day 4 - last day :(

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 September 15, 2019
We got up around 7 and started to get ready for the day. Betta and Max already left and we somehow slept through them leaving :)
We did some last minute packing and debated about what to do. We checked the wait times at HS and they did not look too bad so we decided to head over there. Let's be honest all we cared about was Slinky Dog Dash :p
We just missed a bus but thankfully another one came very quickly
We made in the park by 8:15 and went immediately to SDD.
It was posted 40 minutes but we only waited 25 - woohoo!
IMG_6465.JPG

IMG_6466.JPG

520588474.jpeg

After this we wandered around a bit. We figured we would head over to Galaxy's Edge just to see if we could get in and look around. There was no boarding pass on the app so we figured it was open and indeed it was.
IMG_6469.JPG

We both walked in and immediately thought - it looks like Pandora :facepalm::hilarious:
Eventually we came upon some ships (or whatever they are called)...
IMG_6470.JPG

IMG_6471.JPG

We got some PP pictures
IMG_6493.JPG

IMG_6492.JPG

This face pretty much sums up my thoughts and confusion of the land :joyfull:
520609506.jpeg

My Mom took a photo by this...thing....
IMG_6474.JPG

Next up: more Galaxy's Edge

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
I had one goal and that was to try blue milk. I felt pretty confused the whole time we were in there so I was happy we stumbled upon the blue milk stand.
IMG_6475.JPG

IMG_6477.JPG

IMG_6478.JPG

I was expecting to hate it but I actually kind of liked it. It kind of tasted like blue raspberry/kind of like Tums - weird mix :joyfull:
My Mom on the other hand thought it tasted like milk of magnesia - not that I'm sure she even knows what that tastes like :joyfull:
IMG_6480.JPG

IMG_6481.JPG

We weren't planning on riding Smugglers Run but we did want to see the Millennium Falcon so we walked around until we found it.
DSC_0320.JPG

DSC_0323.JPG

DSC_0324.JPG

DSC_0325.JPG

DSC_0326.JPG

Next up: more Galaxy's Edge

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Some more random photos...
DSC_0328.JPG

DSC_0330.JPG

DSC_0331.JPG

DSC_0333.JPG

We then headed out
IMG_6485.JPG

IMG_6488.JPG

Overall we thought the land was beautiful and creative. It is very immersive like Pandora. However, I feel like I was very confused about where everything was (I heard there are maps but I did not see any) and we were also confused about what everything was. I think that's the general consensus - because its a new land (and not from a film) you don't really recognize anything. I am happy to try out some more things next trip. I don't know - I feel like I just don't love Star Wars enough :hilarious: In the end I was very happy I skipped the passholder preview. I'm kind of bummed because I really wanted to love it I just didn't. I actually like Pandora better.
After this we headed out of HS and back the Contemporary. We checked our bags and carry-ons then took a boat to FW.
We had a reservation for brunch at Trails End. Our favorite!
I should mention that we had not eaten yet this day.
Oh...I should also mention that we witnessed a major family fight when a little boy threw his sister's Stich in the water. The whole situation was very awkward. They did get Stitch out of the water but I don't know - that water is disgusting.
IMG_6494.JPG

So...we got to Trails End and it was...packed?! It't literally never crowded there - and it was not crowded in Disney in general so I was shocked. We had a reservation but we got there pretty early assuming it was going to be dead. We checked in about 40 minutes early and they said they would try to seat us early but could not make promises.
We sat on the porch and waited.
IMG_6497.JPG

IMG_6498.JPG

And waited...and waited....and waited.
We actually waited over 15 minutes PAST our reservation time. My Mom suggested we go up and ask if we were next (I made her ask I was too hangry) and the hostess said "oh you are not next there are multiple people ahead of you"
What the heck - it's a Buffet - what's the issue ?
We were so hungry and we were running short on time at this point we ended up leaving. We were so bummed 🙁

Next up: finishing up the trip

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Day 4 continued
Some more random photos...
View attachment 414128
View attachment 414129
View attachment 414130
View attachment 414135
We then headed out
View attachment 414131
View attachment 414132
Overall we thought the land was beautiful and creative. It is very immersive like Pandora. However, I feel like I was very confused about where everything was (I heard there are maps but I did not see any) and we were also confused about what everything was. I think that's the general consensus - because its a new land (and not from a film) you don't really recognize anything. I am happy to try out some more things next trip. I don't know - I feel like I just don't love Star Wars enough :hilarious: In the end I was very happy I skipped the passholder preview. I'm kind of bummed because I really wanted to love it I just didn't. I actually like Pandora better.
After this we headed out of HS and back the Contemporary. We checked our bags and carry-ons then took a boat to FW.
We had a reservation for brunch at Trails End. Our favorite!
I should mention that we had not eaten yet this day.
Oh...I should also mention that we witnessed a major family fight when a little boy threw his sister's Stich in the water. The whole situation was very awkward. They did get Stitch out of the water but I don't know - that water is disgusting.
View attachment 414138
So...we got to Trails End and it was...packed?! It't literally never crowded there - and it was not crowded in Disney in general so I was shocked. We had a reservation but we got there pretty early assuming it was going to be dead. We checked in about 40 minutes early and they said they would try to seat us early but could not make promises.
We sat on the porch and waited.
View attachment 414139
View attachment 414142
We actually waited over 15 minutes PAST our reservation time. My Mom suggested we go up and ask if we were next (I made her ask I was too hangry) and the hostess said "oh you are not next there are multiple people ahead of you"
We were so hungry and we were running short on time at this point we ended up leaving. We were so bummed 🙁

Next up: finishing up the trip

The sad face is for having to leave Trail's End, there's such good food there.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Back at the Contemporary we mobile ordered some food for lunch. This for some reason also look forever to be made. It was not our day.
Anyway...we ended up both ordering grilled cheese with tomato bisque and French fries
IMG_6501.JPG

We also shared the dulce de leche cupcake - we had this in July too which my Mom forgot when she picked it out.
IMG_6505.JPG

It was OK - but we did not really love it last time either :joyfull: The grilled cheese was awesome though!
After this we stopped to get a rice crispy treat for Max because he was crying that he did not get a Halloween one :joyfull:
IMG_6506.JPG

Then we headed out to wait for DME
IMG_6509.JPG

DME pout
IMG_6512.JPG

But not a big pout since next trip is in 3 weeks
IMG_6513.JPG

And that's it.
Thanks for joining along in this TR I swore I was not writing.
I'm sure I will write my next trip too because apparently I can't stay away :inlove:

Ears to Disney

A great last morning with Slinky and SWGE!! Glad you enjoyed the Blue Milk. We really enjoyed it as well. Next time we will have to try the green one as well.

We had a reservation for brunch at Trails End. Our favorite

Our...absolute...FAVORITE...breakfast spot!!

Aww man!! That is really weird! So sorry you guys had to leave. We have reservations for the Sunday we leave in December. We like to pile it on for our last meal! 🤣

What a great little visit...so nice to have a next visit right around the corner! Wish ours was a little bit closer. Thank you for sharing all the fun! :)

MoragL

th
Day 3 continued
Our 3rd FP was for POTC but ...Max wasn't into that :hilarious:
So we changed it to IASW
We saw Alice was out along the way so we hopped in line
We got to meet our fellow Buffalonians in line @Ears to Disney so that was awesome !! Thank you for saying hi. You guys, I am totally oblivious to anyone in the parks I swear! If it wasn't for you guys saying hi to me I would never meet anyone :joyfull:
Anyway...Alice freaked Max out (let's be honest..she is weird) so he waited to the side while we met her
View attachment 413185
Then it was time for IASW
View attachment 413188
View attachment 413189
View attachment 413190
Cue Max saying "hey what happened to the cowgirl"
View attachment 413191
And he was right....that doll was missing. What the heck - how did he notice that?! :bored::hilarious:
View attachment 413196
View attachment 413198
After this we headed to Peco Bills for lunch. Birthday girl's choice !
We got two trio of tacos: one with all beef and one with 2 chicken and one beef. I was feeling very melancholy about having to eat the chicken since my Mom were splitting those tacos. I don't know why - maybe because all I eat at home is chicken :hilarious:. So...I also ordered beef nachos
View attachment 413201
View attachment 413202
As usual we way over ordered (also I took these photos before the toppings). We would have been fine with one set of tacos.
Max had Mac and cheese - I did not take any photos of it.
It started raining when we were in Peco Bills. We had a FP for Magic Carpets after this and we thought it would be closed due to the rain, but it was open. I politely declined the ride. I did not want to get super rained on/get spit on by the dumb camel.
So...I got us a treat. I hesitated about this last trip but decided to go for it this trip. Raspberry/citrus swirl float
View attachment 413211
In hindsight I probably could have asked for it without the float part which is why I did not want to order it the first time. But...it was delicious - we just essentially skipped the float part ! We all enjoyed it (just not as much as the hei hei cone).

After this we headed out and back to the Contemporary.

Next up: pool time
that looks so yummy!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom