Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's Go To Disney: a Birthday Extravaganza

Me: I'm not going to write trip reports
Also me : butttttt....I really like writing them :hilarious:

I swear I did not intend on writing this. I did not even take notes or that many photos but...I do enjoy writing them so here we go. Definitely less photos than I usually take so sorry!

Who?
The 4 M's as Max calls us :)
My sister Betta (her name is Elizabeth we call her Betta - to Max it's Mom (obviously) that's one M), Me (Megan), Max, and my Mom (Mary)
466638886.jpeg

Where?
The Contemporary - our first time staying in the Garden Wing/View buildings or whatever they are called

When?
September 12-15, 2019

Why?
It was my sister's Birthday. If you read my last TR you would know she called us while on that trip and asked us to join her on a last minute Birthday trip :)

September 12, 2019
Max and Betta left from Rochester and on an earlier flight so it was just my Mom and I heading down from Buffalo.
We both had to work so quickly packed up when we got home and headed to the airport.
Traffic was light and the airport was pretty quiet so we made our way quickly through checking our luggage and security.
Here is me with my nerdy folder with our confirmation numbers :hilarious:
file-156.jpg

Then we stopped for some dinner at Anchor Bar in the airport.
The airport may have been quiet but literally everyone was at the Anchor Bar I swear. It was packed.
We shared boneless wings and fries :)
FnL%OTBKQ8KcNNFLetXUZQ.jpg

g3TZcjLLS36cIXKDZ1mk8g.jpg

file-157.jpg

After our dinner we headed to our gate
IMG_6269.JPG

In typical leaving in the evening fashion our flight was delayed because of Baltimore. Literally - they can not get their act together I swear. They left late and that was our plane. :banghead:
IMG_6272.JPG

So we killed time by taking our usual dates photos :hilarious:
DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

Next up: short post to finish up Day 1

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I’m in. And already have my eye on those ears and tumbler when I get there.

I’m cautiously optimistic about crowd size for my trip down.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Following along!! I missed a lot of this on Instagram cause I have been so busy, so I'm excited to read about what you all did. And interested to hear your thoughts on that part of the Contemporary!

It was fine but I missed the tower. The garden rooms had a way different feel.

I’m in. And already have my eye on those ears and tumbler when I get there.

I’m cautiously optimistic about crowd size for my trip down.

The ears are so comfy !!! I hope the low crowds stay for you :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Back at the hotel we ate some lunch. Betta mobile ordered a turkey club wrap and peanut butter and jelly for her and Max from Contempo Cafe.
IMG_6307.JPG

file-161.jpg

My Mom and I ordered from the Sand Bar. I did not take any photos but we always order the chili cheese nachos and a cheese quesadilla so here are some old pictures :joyfull:
IMG_4463.JPG

IMG_4464.JPG

Max wanted a Mickey bar but then changed his mind and said he wanted a "fruit bar."
IMG_6309.JPG

We weren't sure if he would like it but he said "this is delicious." :hilarious: He never did ask for another, though, so who knows :joyfull::joyfull:
After our lunch Betta and Max headed to the pool and my Mom and I walked over to the MK. We needed to exchange a dress we got for my sister Jill and figured it was easier to walk over quickly and exchange it instead of carrying it around the park later.
We exchanged the dress and I walked by Starbucks. It was legit dead in there so I stopped for a pumpkin iced chai latte :inlove::inlove:
So yummy! I usually don't really like pumpkin flavored things but it was so good. My Mom liked it too :)
IMG_6313.JPG

Of course we stopped for a PP picture
519226324.jpeg

Then we walked back to the Contemporary. My Mom and I went to Joffreys to grab some iced tea for her and Betta and then we headed to the pool.
IMG_6315.JPG

file-169.jpg

file-162.jpg

Next up: more pool time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
IMG_6316.JPG

IMG_6317.JPG

Betta and Max headed back to the room for his nap and my Mom and I headed to the quiet pool.
file-163.jpg

file-164.jpg

Shout out to Beverly and Mike who we met at the pool (they weren't sure of their WDW Magic name so I can't tag them)! Thanks for saying hi to us we enjoyed chatting with both of you :) Also - thanks for being avid readers of my trip reports :hilarious:
After our pool time we headed up to the room and got ready for our evening plans: MNSSHP. Another party that we did not plan on going to but last minute decided :joyfull:
I had the tripod so we took a quick Mickey ears picture :)
fullsizeoutput_3d4b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3d4d.jpeg

Then I had to run the tripod back up to the room and these are the photos I was left with :joyfull:
DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Next up: MNSSHP

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We walked over to the MK and headed into the party.
Max did not want a wrist band so they put his on Betta's wrist. Then he changed his mind :banghead: My sister tried to put one of hers on his wrist but it was way too big. I may have freaked out a little about it and made her go get a new one so he didn't lose it :hilarious::in pain:
DSC_0108.JPG

My sister insisted the party entrance was not up last time she went to the party. I think she just accidentally missed it :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
We stopped for PP pictures first
519497891.jpeg

519480273.jpeg

We had a FP for the Speedway but Max was not keen on going on it. He said (and I quote) "I don't want to go fast on there but we have to go fast because when I was a baby a policeman told me I have to have to go fast" :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
So...we went on the Peoplemover instead
DSC_0113.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

Then we figured we should get some dinner.
We decided on Cosmic Ray's
My Mom and Max had Mac and cheese
DSC_0117.JPG

I had chili cheese fries (I was super into chili cheese things apparently)
DSC_0118.JPG

My sister had a grilled chicken club
DSC_0119.JPG

Also...we love hot sauce so we were pleasantly surprised to see this "Buffalo sauce" on the toppings bar. It was so good!
DSC_0120.JPG

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
After eating we decided to scope out the line for Winnie the Pooh and friends. It was around 6:15 and they come out at 6:30 so we hopped in line since it was fairly short. They did not let anyone in the actual que until 6:30 so we took Max on the teacups while Betta waited. She does not like the teacups anyway.
DSC_0123.JPG

DSC_0125.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

Anyway, back to our meet and greet.
DSC_0132.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0137.JPG

DSC_0140.JPG

DSC_0141.JPG

DSC_0143.JPG

We met them around 7:00 which was awesome!! Like literally, though, they are so cute !!!
519638385.jpeg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
After our ride we headed to some trick or treating spots
DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

Then we headed Under the Sea!
DSC_0178.JPG

After this we met up with @blreinsel :)
We hit up some trick or treating spots, checked out the HM characters (Max would not go near that place :joyfull::joyfull: ), and headed back to Main Street so we could go meet Mickey.
First...a PP picture.
519665972.jpeg

519665915.jpeg

519666977.jpeg

The side where Jack and Sally meet looked dead but we asked some girls who came out of that line how long they waited and they said 45 minutes.
Anyway...we waited less than 10 minutes for Mickey! Woohoo!
519675572.jpeg

I asked Mickey why he didn't have candy on his cape like Vampire Mickey (the plush) and literally all the CMs were like what ?! They were legit surprised when I pointed that out to them :hilarious::joyfull:
519675621.jpeg

This was his face when he noticed Vampire Mickey does indeed have candy on his cape.
519675925.jpeg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
519676093.jpeg

519676292.jpeg

After this we asked Max if he wanted to watch the parade and he said "I don't like parades" so.....Buzz Lightyear it was :p
DSC_0182.JPG

519689175.jpeg

519691046.jpeg

519691143.jpeg

Then we went on the Peoplemover. Max was having a bit of a hard time at this point so my sister left with him.
He did not want to do this PP picture with her :joyfull:
519705565.jpeg

My Mom, @blreinsel, and I headed down to Main Street to watch the new fireworks.
DSC_0184.JPG

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

Next up: more fireworks

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0193.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

DSC_0198.JPG

DSC_0202.JPG

DSC_0204.JPG

The fireworks were fantastic!!! The projections were so clean and clear. We missed the ending, though, as it started to pour so we quickly headed out. We said our goodbyes to @blreinsel and walked home. We had the best time hanging out with @blreinsel ! I hope she didn't mind too much that we did not get to do a lot due to a 4 year old being a 4 year old! It was cool to do more attractions and more trick or treating than we usually do because thats what Max enjoyed :)
However, I am happy I have another party to go to so we can try some of the rides with overlays :) Space Mt. was closed almost the entire party so that was a bummer :bored:

Next up: Day 3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom