Trip Report COMPLETED: So why is it you’re cruising so much now: A NYE TR that doesn’t contain cruising. Now with Tuna/Egg talk!

No real back story here or PTR to reference. We’ve been to the bubble many times. We’ve gone during Spring Break, Christmas, 4th of July, and even Memorial day. We realized we’ve never done NYE so we figured we’d give it a go. I mean, surely everyone will go home on New Year’s day leaving an enjoyable park experience with lite crowds the rest of the week, right?

2qyxyl.jpg

So if you don’t know us by now I guess that rock you were under didn’t have any internet or you just have a strong distaste for sarcasm, poor grammar, and pictures of decent food. This trip included the DD and would be the first trip we drove to in over a year, getting back to our roots and all.

The beginning of the end:
We had a plan of leaving the cold and wet North Georgia Mountains by 04:30 on NYE morning. I’m proud to say my ladies stepped up and were AIS by the deadline. Now, I have a standard 1-stop itinerary for our road trips to the bubble and can make it there in less than 7 hours provided we stick to the itinerary. My copilots decided we needed more stops. All this to say we made the Orlando area in about 7 hours 10 minutes. Now typically we hit 429 and take Western Way into the bubble to avoid the I-4 madness. This trip, however, the DW decided she wanted to hit the Disney outlet so I-4 here we come!

We have never been to this outlet but on the way down the DW read about parking horror stories but I was insistent we do it so she could check out the outlet. All I can say is DAYUM! Whomever designed the layout of that outlet needs to be taken out back and flogged. It was lunch time on NYE and this place looked like it was running a 75% sale on a Black Friday. I did one pass through the lot and decided to drop the ladies off so they could hit up the store while I looked for parking. Fast-forward 20 minutes and the DD calls saying they are ready to go and I still have yet to find parking. I’ll let the DD describe the inside of the outlet since I only got to see the parking lot.

After the outlet we hit up Publix to get our Entenmann's donuts, a WDW staple. We were in and out in minutes and on our way to DTD for lunch.

As we approached the parking deck we noticed they changed the flow of traffic coming from the parks to DTD. You now have to drive past the green deck and u-turn back to it. I wouldn’t be surprised if that direct all traffic coming from the parks to the new deck across the street when its complete and start charging for the green deck. We quickly parked and I was pleasantly surprised to see lite crowds at DTD, this gave me hope! DW and I wanted Polite Pig for lunch but the DD loathes BBQ. We walked over to Morimoto CS to grab her some noodles to go. The portion was huge and she enjoyed it. We made our way over to PP, grabbed a table, and enjoyed some food.

DW went with the sausage and Brussels sprouts
IMG_5518.JPG

I went with the pulled pork sandwich
IMG_5519.JPG

We shared Ravenous Pig by Cask & Larder. Untappd Notes: 4/5 A nice lite Belgian that almost wants to be sweet.
IMG_5520.JPG

The food, as usual, was excellent. The ladies must have been hungrier than me, or motivated to shop, as they smashed their lunch and decided to head to Basin to get some bath bombs while I finished my lunch. By the time I finished and met up with them we got the room text!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Hooray, all done!

Thank you so much to those that stuck it out this long. I hope the level of morose wasn't too high. I don't feel detailed closing thoughts are in order because I've beat that dead horse enough in this TR. As I've eluded to we are mostly done with WDW for a while. How Mostly? Well we have a little Surf 'n Turf slated in 69 days! We will head to the bubble May 12th for a night at VGF before 4 nights on The Dream before coming back for a night at BLT. This will be a last hoorah for our APs as we've decided to direct our AP monies to DCL. We've got bookings for this October out of NYC and two others in early 2020 out of Miami. I honestly see us returning to DL before we return to WDW again, maybe fall 2020. I had a moment of remorse/regret a week or so ago and had a sit down with the DW to make sure we were making the right decision. Long story short, we did. The only decision we have now is DCL or DL in Fall 2020, #firstworldproblems.

Again, thanks or following along and we are eagerly looking forward to a year at sea!

Best

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hooray, all done!

Thank you so much to those that stuck it out this long. I hope the level of morose wasn't too high. I don't feel detailed closing thoughts are in order because I've beat that dead horse enough in this TR. As I've eluded to we are mostly done with WDW for a while. How Mostly? Well we have a little Surf 'n Turf slated in 69 days! We will head to the bubble May 12th for a night at VGF before 4 nights on The Dream before coming back for a night at BLT. This will be a last hoorah for our APs as we've decided to direct our AP monies to DCL. We've got bookings for this October out of NYC and two others in early 2020 out of Miami. I honestly see us returning to DL before we return to WDW again, maybe fall 2020. I had a moment of remorse/regret a week or so ago and had a sit down with the DW to make sure we were making the right decision. Long story short, we did. The only decision we have now is DCL or DL in Fall 2020, #firstworldproblems.

Again, thanks or following along and we are eagerly looking forward to a year at sea!

Best

Enjoyed your latest TR as usual, and I'm looking forward to your next one. You and your wife, @imahistorygeek remind me a little of Tuvalu -- once a TR is completed, another new, fun one emerges very soon afterwards! :happy:

cfry06

Hooray, all done!

Best

As always, thanks for sharing!! I hear you on the sea always calling - we always have a good time in WDW, but I always want to hit the road for Port Canaveral!

As for 2020, I hear the 5 night Fantasy Double Dip on 9/24 is sure to be fun! 🆒🌊🍻

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Enjoyed your latest TR as usual, and I'm looking forward to your next one. You and your wife, @imahistorygeek remind me a little of Tuvalu -- once a TR is completed, another new, fun one emerges very soon afterwards! :happy:
Thank you, ma'am.

Obscene times for FOP
Assume it was down at some point or is that just too many people and not enough capacity?
Capacity issue.

And loved the report and the straight forward commentary

Have fun on the water and in Anaheim!!

Max
Thank you, sir! So cant wait to go back to DL.

As always, thanks for sharing!! I hear you on the sea always calling - we always have a good time in WDW, but I always want to hit the road for Port Canaveral!

As for 2020, I hear the 5 night Fantasy Double Dip on 9/24 is sure to be fun! 🆒🌊🍻
We're really looking forward to the Bermuda trip. WOW, that price is actually really good for a DD at CC! Oh my...
Enjoyed your report as always! Also, appreciate your candor. Looking forward to hearing about your time on the water!!!
Than you! Sometimes I feel poorly about down on WDW so much but then I remember I'm not the one that made it this way.

imahistorygeek

This was a fun trip, but I we came to some realizations during this trip.

WDW caters mostly to the people who are one and done. Before DLR, that was ok because we didn't know any better. Now that we've been to DLR, we see what Disney does for its repeat visitors and what WDW does not do. I'm not going to lie, it was a bit of a let down to visit WDW after visiting DLR. I may be shooting myself in the foot, but WDW is quantity, not quality and right now, DLR is quality, not quantity. Of course, that's after one visit, so take that statement as you will. The crowds at WDW were just too much and that's not going to change anytime soon. That picture that's been floating around for a few days with an artist's rendition of SWGE and the 10 people walking around and the lol picture of what it's really going to look like...well, that's exactly what we experienced on our trip. The value just isn't there for us to consider APs or any lengthly visits when your personal space includes 10,000 of your closest friends.

Where does this take us? Well, as he mentioned, we have DCL cruises lined up in lieu of visits to WDW. We're throwing around DLR again and we've actually mentioned international parks, but that wouldn't be until later. We're still using our DVC because going to the resorts and just hanging out is more fun than visiting WDW parks. Plus, renting out points for cruises ain't a bad deal.

Someone mentioned CC double-dip in 2020. 😁

Until next time...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom