Trip Report **COMPLETED** Our HalloChristmas Adventure

Hey everyone - since I finally finished my other trip report I will get to this super delayed one :)

Who?
The usuals: my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan) PLUS special guest --- my Dad (Jeff)!
E77F0285-5FAD-424D-9D91-974867F91922.jpeg

Where?
The Yacht Club! We actually changed from the Beach Club last minute and I was so excited. We love the Yacht Club way more for some reason and we were excited to share that love with my Dad.

When?
October 29 - November 6, 2021

Why?
My Dad has not been to Disney since pre-COVID so we planned this trip forever ago to bring him back! He does not do well in the heat so we chose a cooler time of year (aka not our July trip) for him :)

Day 1 October 29, 2021
I got up at 3 am, got ready and waited for my parents to pick me up at 4 am. 😴
Our airport drive and check-in/TSA experience went super fast. We grabbed some bagels for breakfast.
tempImageYZTXDg.jpg

Then waited at the gate.
tempImageRQwcH8.jpg

I assumed this is how all my photos with my Dad would look but he did better :)
tempImagech34hJ.jpg

We boarded our plane and left on time! How unusual :joyfull:
Magic Bands ready!
tempImageOCjnyK.jpg

tempImagefv7l6T.jpg

Our flight was very easy and we actually landed quite early ! Woohoo!
I love this monorail wrap
E7E24899-BEAB-4C83-985E-DD845C56A5FA.jpeg

Close up of Figgy :)
tempImageo38sux.jpg

Fonorail !
tempImageGzCief.jpg

tempImageyfQ01x.jpg

Next up: Day 1 continued

amjt660

Premium Member
Another great TR from BCDD!!

Tough loss on the weekend for the Bills

NFL needs to change their OT rules

In a baseball game you play both the top and bottom of each inning in OT

Poor Josh didn't even get a chance to win!!

(and hope you change your mind about the TR's - I read them every time)

Max

PS - is the B&B still running - someday I might want to fly out of Buffalo

KellBelle

Enjoyed this as always!

I would totally miss your reports, but I completely understand wanting to back off of them. I have often thought about trying to write one, but I am just not a huge picture taker by nature, so mine would probably be text heavy and boring lol. We are not scheduled to go back until November, maybe I will try and make an effort to take some pics. ;) I will definitely check out your YouTube channel!

amjt660

Premium Member
Enjoyed this as always!

I would totally miss your reports, but I completely understand wanting to back off of them. I have often thought about trying to write one, but I am just not a huge picture taker by nature, so mine would probably be text heavy and boring lol. We are not scheduled to go back until November, maybe I will try and make an effort to take some pics. ;) I will definitely check out your YouTube channel!

It has been awhile since I wrote one but I find I use the pictures as a way to take notes (which I do not do on vacation)

I take a picture of the entrance to each ride, attraction, restaurant, hotel, etc that we go into to and then take a few others along the way
Then i review my photo library and fill in some details that I can remember about each spot as i write the report

Give it a shot - it does help with the Disney blues after you return home - to relive the trip one more time!!

Max

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I love you and your Mom’s shirts. Did you get those on this trip?

Thank you! Yes we did get them this trip!

I for one would really miss your trip reports. I don’t get to go home very often so I live vicariously through other peoples trip reports. And yours are very well done. I will have to check out your YouTube videos. Good luck in the 10k should you decide to run it.

Aw thank you! I feel bad because I love writing them for this reason but I need to get some free time back in my life :confused:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Another great TR from BCDD!!

Tough loss on the weekend for the Bills

NFL needs to change their OT rules

In a baseball game you play both the top and bottom of each inning in OT

Poor Josh didn't even get a chance to win!!

(and hope you change your mind about the TR's - I read them every time)

Max

PS - is the B&B still running - someday I might want to fly out of Buffalo

That was a heartbreaker of a playoff game - dumb coin toss!!
Thank you for reading !
B and B has never been running :hilarious::hilarious:

Enjoyed this as always!

Thank you for reading! I feel like I will have to be the opposite and train myself to take less photos :hilarious: They are fun to write just very time consuming

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing this trip with us all! And good luck with the 10k if you decide to run it!

thank you so much !

It has been awhile since I wrote one but I find I use the pictures as a way to take notes (which I do not do on vacation)

I take a picture of the entrance to each ride, attraction, restaurant, hotel, etc that we go into to and then take a few others along the way
Then i review my photo library and fill in some details that I can remember about each spot as i write the report

Give it a shot - it does help with the Disney blues after you return home - to relive the trip one more time!!

Max

I agree they are a great help for Disney blues !

cgersic

I am one of those that doesn't watch much YouTube or Instagram, so I will miss seeing you and your family! I completely understand, so if you can give us some kind of "ears up" that you are on a trip, I'm willing to give it a shot. Staying present with your loved ones while you are there must be hard to do if you are concentrating on a report, so maybe just a short one after you get back? In the meantime, thank you for all the reports you have done! Good luck with the race!

erstwo

I'm with everyone else - I would miss your trip reports greatly, but totally understand why you might need to stop writing them. Thank you for sharing this one!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks for all the time you spend on writing your TRs but if you do stop writing them, perhaps I will finally learn how to use instagram 😉

Just curious (since we will be staying at the Yacht Club this summer): does the American breakfast come with a choice of eggs or just scrambled (I’m very picky about my scrambled eggs)

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
We totally understand why you want to stop writing your TR’s but will really miss reading them. I will definitely look up you YouTube video. Thank you for letting us share your adventures though.

TheMouseFan

Thanks for sharing your trip! I will definitely miss hearing about your trips if you stop doing trip reports, but will still be following along on Instagram for my fix!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I am one of those that doesn't watch much YouTube or Instagram, so I will miss seeing you and your family! I completely understand, so if you can give us some kind of "ears up" that you are on a trip, I'm willing to give it a shot. Staying present with your loved ones while you are there must be hard to do if you are concentrating on a report, so maybe just a short one after you get back? In the meantime, thank you for all the reports you have done! Good luck with the race!

I will do my best to remember to give you guys a heads up! We leave for our next trip on Feb 25!
The issue for me is definitely when I get back from the trip and how long it takes to write - not so much the parts while I am there :cry:

I'm with everyone else - I would miss your trip reports greatly, but totally understand why you might need to stop writing them. Thank you for sharing this one!

Aww thank you! And thanks for reading

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thanks for all the time you spend on writing your TRs but if you do stop writing them, perhaps I will finally learn how to use instagram 😉

Just curious (since we will be staying at the Yacht Club this summer): does the American breakfast come with a choice of eggs or just scrambled (I’m very picky about my scrambled eggs)

Thanks for reading them :)
We got to choose our eggs! Sorry for the delay in answering !

We totally understand why you want to stop writing your TR’s but will really miss reading them. I will definitely look up you YouTube video. Thank you for letting us share your adventures though.

Thank you for reading them and your kind words :)

lindawdw

I finally got to finish up your TR and was so sad to see that you wouldn't be writing anymore TR's for us although I totally understand the amount of work that must go into writing them. I've loved following you and your mom/family on these trips and just want to say thank you for all the enjoyment you've given us here on these boards.
princess anna thank you GIF

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I finally got to finish up your TR and was so sad to see that you wouldn't be writing anymore TR's for us although I totally understand the amount of work that must go into writing them. I've loved following you and your mom/family on these trips and just want to say thank you for all the enjoyment you've given us here on these boards.
princess anna thank you GIF

Thank you for reading !! And thank you for your kind words. I will admit last trip was honestly super nice without all the photos and note taking - but I still miss wiring a report (a little anyway).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom