Trip Report *COMPLETED* Merriest Birthday in the World, November 2021 at the Dolphin

I swear I thought of a clever trip report title during my trip, but it has fallen out of my brain so you get this generic, boring title.

But anyway.

Who: Me and my husband, R
Why: My birthday!
When: November 7-1211 (more on that later)
Where: Dolphin

Here's a cute pic of us for the first post :inlove:

LeighM

I would say about every other trip I end up sick! It's frustrating, because I'm pretty cautious and avoid touching things. I mask outside too when it's crowded, but didn't really think about dining outside vs. inside. I did get my booster and my flu shot before this trip, so I at least didn't get either one of those viruses. Oh for the tests, I get the Binax ones from Walmart, I'm pretty sure they also carry them at other drugstores, they seem to be the best value and most widely available. I prefer a PCR test if I can, but the at-home ones are nice if you're paranoid like us :hilarious:

I got horribly sick after one Disney trip. After that, I made sure to always take and use hand sanitizer (I did it before it was the popular thing to do LOL), Lysol common touch points in the hotel room after checking for bedbugs upon check in, and ALWAYS travel with a mini pharmacy😂 Disney cold meds are EXPENSIVE! My husband always made fun of me and my travel arsenal - until he got sick during our 2018 trip. Then you bet he started asking for all my meds LOL. And he never joked on me about it again :)

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
It's my last day in the office too!!
We closed yesterday until January 3rd. They also give us Float days so I used mine Monday & Tuesday.
We have to now take a COVID test 72 hours before returning to campus. So that makes it NYE. Fun!!

Thanks for your honest report. Better to actually know things than to be disappointed based on a sugary review.

Merry Christmas!

Megbutnotmegan

Thanks for your honest report. I had followed you on Instagram so it was interesting to see the details here. Also appreciate the note on the burger rolls. I think I’ll skip those this trip!

erstwo

Really enjoyed the trip report!!
No need to apologize for the Nashville rant. It really is insane. My husband hadn’t been to downtown Nashville in ages and we went for a concert this summer. We were having brunch at Liberty Common at 9 am the next morning after the concert and we discovered two things: 1 - the ‘new/ hot’ place next door was a two hour wait (on the sidewalk!) to get in because they have (and I quote) ‘like the most unbelievable Instagram walls’ and 2- the bachelorette party busses are already booked and blaring the music and pouring the booze at 9 am! 😱
I’ll never request patio seating again! 😂

MickeyCB

Just finishing your report and enjoyed it very much.
Sadly I think all of us who go somewhat frequently are starting to be pretty "honest" in our opinions! 🤣

KellBelle

Just getting caught up. Sorry your birthday trip had some issues. Hoping your upcoming visits are better! We stayed at The Swan in November. We loved it, but we had our car, so other than the boats, we did not use their transportation. I definitely share some of your park opinions based on our November visit. Definitely was not 100%.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom