Trip Report **COMPLETED** "Chewie! We're Home!"

Bright Suns and Rising Moons everyone!!

We are back from our visit to WDW and I am excited to share it all with you! We enjoyed a 5 day 4 night trip from September 11 - 15, 2019 and we definitely packed a lot of fun into this long weekend. There was F&W, there was Extra Extra Magic Hours, there was MNSSHP and some relaxing time at the pool!

Who was on this adventure you may ask?

Me, Dawn and my amazing Husband Dan!

We stayed at our DVC home resort this visit, AKL! We stayed in Jambo House. (Our favorite between Jambo and Kidani")

So without further ado...let's get into it!

Day 1: Travel

We had an early flight out of Buffalo on Wednesday Sept 11. Not as early as we usually have, which was kind of nice. We arrived at the airport at around 4:30am, which meant that we were able to get some breakfast and coffee before boarding our plane.

Coffee!!
breakfast 1.jpg

Buffalo Breakfast Wrap for Dan...
breakfast 2.jpg

and croissant breakfast sandwich for me!
breakfast 3.jpg

They may not look like the most appetizing, but they were pretty good and hit the spot!

After eating our breakfast, we made our way to the gate. I had finished my coffee and soon it was time to board!!

Awayyyyy weeeee gooooooooo!!!

We arrived at MCO before our ETA! We were 20 mins early when we pulled up to the gate...what a great start to the trip!

YAY! PALM TREES!!

Once we disembarked the plane, we made our pit stop to the restrooms, then headed to the fake-o-rail! The first ride of the trip! 🤣

After our high speed, thrilling and intense first ride...we headed down to the rental car pick - up area to claim our very own "Magical Express". We had rented a vehicle in March and decided to try it out again during this visit and it was very nice! We enjoyed not having to wait on buses or rely on transportation to get us from point A to point B in a timely fashion. The only downside to this visit was that the entrances to EVERY park is under construction so trams were not able to take you up to where they normally let off guests. This was not a negative impact, we just learned very quickly to just walk instead of waiting on the trams...unless it was the middle of the day and walking across the concrete desert was the last thing we wanted to undertake...yeah, it was THAT hot!

Picking up our rental went seamlessly due to the online Check-in that Alamo offers. You can enter credit card and driver information ahead of time, print out the confirmation e-mail and go directly to a vehicle in the designated lot of the type of vehicle you reserved. We picked out our vehicle, went through the check out booth, and away we went! Before long we were seeing this beautiful sight!

Up next: Day 1 Continued @ MK

Last edited:

Ears to Disney

Original Poster
OK...Now back to your regularly scheduled TR!

Day 5: September 15, 2019

Although...it is the saddest day from our September 2019 Visit because it is check out day. :cry:

We started off the morning with some parting balcony views. We said "see ya real soon" too all the animals before we headed out of the room.

Lst AM AKL.jpg

We headed out to the vehicle and made our way to our breakfast destination...

poly.jpg

...where were we dining this morning?

kona.jpg

We had a delicious breakfast that consisted of Tonga Toast and the Loco Moco. I had the Tonga Toast.

tonga toast.png

I always want to try something different, or get the Macadamia Nut Pancakes, which are amazing, but somehow I always come back to the Tonga Toast. I know you can get the same thing at Captain Cooks cheaper, but I feel like it always tastes better at Kona. Not to mention, the strawberry compote is delicious. Dan really enjoyed the Loco Moco as well.

loco moco.png

After our meal, we had waited for the CM to bring us our check so we could pay and head over to MK, when she came over she said to us, "your bill has been taken care of so you are all set." She said this kind of fast and we were trying to process it. She had walked away so quickly too that we did not get to ask her right away what the deal was. We had waited until she made her way back around to ask her to explain how it was that our check happened to be taken care of. She told us that there was a family that was dining and they were heading home that day. They had two table service credits left on their dining plan so they anonymously gifted us the credits!! We were floored! We have never had that happen and it was just so sweet to know that someone picked us out randomly to get their dining credits! What magic! We only wish that we had known who it was so that we could thank them for this wonderful gift! So if you are out there, reading this, and you were the Pixie Dusters, we thank you so very much for this amazing breakfast gift!

After we left Kona, we headed over to the boat dock to take the boats over to MK. We love taking the boats. Such a nice peaceful ride.

poly dock.jpg

It was such a pretty day. It may have been hot, but the sky was so blue and it was making it harder and harder for us to have to leave. We arrived at MK and we decided to roam about Main Street.

main street.jpg

main street 2.jpg

After our slow walk up Main Street, we decided that we would head towards HM. I wanted a do-over for our photo fail! The wait time was posted at 30 mins and we decided that we would just wait since we didn't have a FP until a little bit later.

Ears to Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 Continued

We made our way over to HM and got in line.

HM.jpg

The line was moving deadly slow............

.............couldn't resist. After a long while in the same spot of the queue, all of the sounds disappeared and it was quiet except for chatter. An announcement came over the speakers stating that the ride would be shutting down and that we were to all exit the queue. Bummer...no redemption for our photo fail during this visit. We decided to take a walk through Fantasyland and around the castle.

fantasyland.jpg

castle.jpg

The line for a certain Princess that we have wanted to meet for a long time was not very long so we decided to hop in. Soon we were chatting with...

Merida.JPG

...MERIDA!!

This meet was SO good. We really enjoyed our little chat. We mentioned to her that we had visited her home country of Scotland during the summer. She was very impressed and she asked if we had run into her parents while we were there. We told her that we did not, unfortunately. She said it was probably a good thing because if we had told them that we saw her not following her princess lessons, she would be in so much trouble. They had sent her there for lessons and her brothers were along with her. I told her that if we return to Scotland and do run into her parents, I will tell them that she is doing everything she is supposed to in the Kingdom. She was very happy to hear that! 😄

After our time with Merida, we had our FP for SDMT to head to!

SDMT.JPG

We were grumpy....about having to leave soon.

We wanted to head back to AKL to freshen up before we had to begin our drive to the airport so we started to make our leave from MK. It was almost time for the parade, so Main Street was fairly empty for us to say "see ya real soon" to our beloved castle.

pre parade main st.jpg

sad .jpg

Don't make us leave!!!!

But we will...

see ya real soon.jpg

...in December!

Leaving is tough, but it always helps to know when you will be returning to your happy place. When headed back to AKL so that we could freshen up before our plane ride.

akl.jpg

See ya real soon AKL!

We then made the sad drive to the airport...and that is going to wrap it up!

WOW! I actually finished a TR! It may have taken a bit for the last update, but here it is! I may do a brief Marathon Weekend TR and hopefully one for our upcoming visit in March. It is much easier for me to do our long weekend visits.

Thank you for reading and joining in! See you in the next one! 😁

MickeyCB

Wow. That was super nice of those people to just give you their dining credits! I honestly didn’t even know that was possible!
You can do this. On the last day of our trip staying at Bay Lake when I was paying at the Contempo Cafe, I had 1 QS credit left, and bought the young lady behind me her lunch. She was sweet and protested at first but then accepted. Oddly enough the cashier was a little grumpy about it, but I thought why would I let this go to waste?!
WOW! I actually finished a TR! It may have taken a bit for the last update, but here it is! I may do a brief Marathon Weekend TR and hopefully one for our upcoming visit in March. It is much easier for me to do our long weekend visits.

Thank you for reading and joining in! See you in the next one! 😁
Enjoyed reading along and looking forward to your marathon TR.

Ears to Disney

Original Poster
Wow. That was super nice of those people to just give you their dining credits! I honestly didn’t even know that was possible!

It was so nice of them! We were in shock! We wish we could have thanked them for the generosity!

Enjoyed reading along and looking forward to your marathon TR.

Thank you for reading! :)

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. 😊

Thank you for reading! :)

March?
March?
When exactly?
😀

Yes! We will be there! March 18 - 23! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom