Trip Report **COMPLETED** A (Love) Bug's Life

Hi everyone!
Happy Mother's Day!!!
We just got back from Disney yesterday and it is cold and raining here so seems like a good time to start our TR!

Who?
My Mom (Mary), my Dad (Jeff) and myself (Megan)
This photo is from our trip last year
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283267906.jpg

Where?
Grand Floridian - aside from a very brief stay at the Poly during a race weekend my Dad has never stayed at a Deluxe. So, with a nice AP discount we let him pick any place he wanted and he decided on the Grand :)

When?
May 3 - 11, 2019

Why?
No big reason - we usually go around this time every year to help with the depression of the never ending winter here at home (and its still cold BTW...)

The title?
We have seen love bugs before but we have NEVER seen this many. I know they don't bite or anything but they were everywhere and at times the amount of them was just disgusting. We could not even sit on our balcony and if we were by the pool the only place they did not bother us was in the water. Ew :grumpy::hungover: This is the very reason I do not live in Florida...bugs.

Day 1 May 3, 2019
Our flight was pretty early so I got up at like 2:20 am 😴
My parents picked me up just before 3 and we were on our way! I ALWAYS email Southwest to ask what time their counters open and this time I forgot. So, we got there at 3:20 and it was not open...whoops 🤪
zp7Bq5CnSoS2DHy3yZzfAA.jpg

Everyone was lined up in the full service line but we waited by the self tag kiosks and we ended up being the first ones done with our luggage. Since it was so early the TSA pre-check line was not open yet so we had to go through regular security which is only annoying when you have have a computer and an iPad to drag out :hilarious:
DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0413.JPG

Be prepared for my Dad not cooperating for photos :p
DSC_0414.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

GuLhiYrjSMmcp8ZZKuwgkA.jpg

Around 4 am the food places open so we grabbed a bagel
fullsizeoutput_2fd4.jpeg

I spy our plane
DSC_0422.JPG

The time flew by at the airport and very quickly we were boarding the plane! Our flight was on time for once!
Gang is all here..
DSC_0423.JPG

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 May 8, 2019
We got up around 7:30 am, had some breakfast into the lounge and took a bus over to HS
DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

We somehow made it before the park opened
DSC_0066.JPG

So we rope dropped TSM which was only a 10 minute wait
DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

IMG_3325.JPG

There was a PP CM in the exit line which was nice
425343782.jpeg

We considered Alien Swirling Saucers after this but the line was long so we went to the bathroom instead :hilarious:
IMG_3327.JPG

Next up: more TSL

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
We hopped over to Aerosmith after this for our next FP
DSC_0097.JPG

IMG_3333.JPG

425374241.jpeg

All three of us were a bit dizzy after this and it was then we decided to cancel our trip to Cedar Point for this summer. We just can not handle rollercoasters anymore apparently :confused:
I totally forgot about Lightening McQueens Racing Academy until we saw it back there. It is pretty hidden!
Anyway, we had time before our next FP so we went to check it out.
DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

I snuck a few photos even though we weren't supposed to....shhh don't tell
IMG_3335.JPG

IMG_3337.JPG

The show was ADORABLE!
And pretty funny - we laughed quite a bit. I heard they will be changing some of it for holidays and stuff so that will be cool!
fullsizeoutput_32ca.jpeg

IMG_3340.JPG

Next up: more HS

Songbird76

Day 1 continued
Our plan was to head to the Peoplemover but when we walked by Buzz we noticed that while the wait was listed at 35 minutes there was no way that was the case since the line was only inside.
View attachment 372146
View attachment 372147
We ended up waiting less than 15 minutes - hooray!
I mean....I know I got up early but why does it look like I was sleeping ?! :hilarious::hilarious: Also I see why my jaw hurts so often 🧐🤣
View attachment 372148
View attachment 372149
Then we actually did go on the Peoplemover
View attachment 372150
View attachment 372151
We got stopped around the Tron construction. On our first ride through it did not look like they did much but the more we looked on subsequent rides the more you could see that a lot of the foundation is there.
View attachment 372152
View attachment 372153
On our way out of Tomorrowland we stopped for a PP picture.
View attachment 372156
View attachment 372157

Next up: more MK
I know I'm super late to the party, because...well, life. But I'm here and following, and you look so cute!!! You always have the cutest clothes!

Songbird76

Day 1 continued
Salad and rolls to start
View attachment 372689
View attachment 372690
We were seated in the George and Martha room
View attachment 372691
View attachment 372692
Pot roast and mashed potatoes
View attachment 372693
Mac and cheese
View attachment 372694
Turkey and stuffing
View attachment 372695
Pork and green beans
View attachment 372696
Then dessert time: Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, Warm Banana Cake and Apple Fritters
View attachment 372697
Yum! Everything was delicious as usual - especially the mac and cheese which is usually hit or miss for us! My Dad really liked it and said he would go back!

Next up: finishing off the day
Wait..does this mean that Liberty Tree Tavern is back to serving the ooey gooey toffee cake all warm and such?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I know I'm super late to the party, because...well, life. But I'm here and following, and you look so cute!!! You always have the cutest clothes!

Thank you!!! :joyfull:

Wait..does this mean that Liberty Tree Tavern is back to serving the ooey gooey toffee cake all warm and such?

Its always been there its just not hot anymore :) I actually prefer cold desserts anyway so for me it works!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
This was my Dad's first visit to Prime Time :)
We found this lovely decoration in the living room. It reminded me of Game of Thrones :)
IMG_3354.JPG

IMG_3356.JPG

We started off with onion rings
IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3359.JPG

Then my Mom and I shared the fried chicken and my Dad got his own fried chicken
IMG_3361.JPG

We really enjoyed our meal...the chicken was especially yummy!
My Dad did not finish his veggies or potatoes so the waiter tried to spoon feed them to him :hilarious: He told my Dad not to choke, though, because otherwise he would have to work at Universal :joyfull:
IMG_3362.JPG

After our lunch we headed out of the park
Hello Skyliner
DSC_0113.JPG

The forecast showed rain the next day and we needed to get my Dad's sunglasses anyway so we popped over to Typhoon Lagoon again for the afternoon :)
IMG_3377.JPG

First stop was the Lazy Man River
DSCF0054.JPG

DSCF0055.JPG

Next up: more TL

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
Oh! I forgot to mention my Dad's sunglasses were still fully intact! Woohoo!
DSCF0057.JPG

DSCF0058.JPG

DSCF0061.JPG

Then we spent pretty much the rest of our time in the wave pool.
IMG_3378.JPG

IMG_3389.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

We had literally so much fun in the Wave Pool. My Dad was sitting on a bench in the back and the waves went up to his chest at times.
The waves went on for well over an hour which was a bit unusual but super fun!
After our wave pool time we relaxed in the sun a bit
IMG_3388.JPG

My Dad got us this iced Capp to share - it was delicious!
IMG_3390.JPG

IMG_3392.JPG

I don't know why it looks like I got burnt in this photo because I didn't :hilarious:
We decided to head out for a bit to get a break from the sun. We had a VERY long wait for the bus and a very long bus ride home (the GF was the 3rd stop).
Hello future home - this is where we are staying next visit.
IMG_3393.JPG

Next up: Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
Back at the GF we got dressed, relaxed in the lounge a little then headed to Epcot (via the monorail).
DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

IMG_3395.JPG

We stopped for a PP picture
IMG_3411.JPG

Then we headed over to Mexico for some dinner
IMG_3396.JPG

I was also able to find us a San Angel Inn dinner this day which I was pleased with!
DSC_0128.JPG

We had just a short wait after we checked in
DSC_0129.JPG

DSC_0130.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG

Next up: dinner

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
Chips and salsa to start
It is obviously very dark in there so we used the flashlight from my Dad's phone to take these photos hence why they have a bit of a weird lighting :happy:
IMG_3404.JPG

I got the Sopa Azteca (
Traditional Tortilla Soup served with Fried Corn Tortilla Strips, Avocado, Cheese, and Chile Pasilla) because I am obsessed with it
IMG_3408.JPG

My Mom and I shared the Mole Poblano (Grilled Chicken Breast topped with a classic Mole Sauce made with nuts, spices, and a hint of chocolate served with rice, Poblano Peppers and Corn Tortillas)
fullsizeoutput_32d3.jpeg

My Dad had the Tacos de Carne (Braised Beef, Poblano Peppers and Onions served with Guacamole, Rice and Beans accompanied by Corn Tortillas and Salsa Verde)
IMG_3409.JPG

Yum! Everything was really good as usual!
After our dinner we headed over towards Soarin' because I found us a Fast Pass for it
DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0135.JPG

DSC_0137.JPG

DSC_0138.JPG

We were in the Soarin' line for forever - I think over 30 minutes in the end :bored:
We enjoyed our ride but ended up taking an Uber home so we could catch HEA from the GF as that had now become our tradition :)
IMG_3412.JPG

We enjoyed the fireworks as usual and we ran into @Tuvalu and Woody again!
Anyway, after this it was bed time!

Next up: Day 7

Loco_driver

I haven’t been to 50s prime time in many years. Glad to see some of the waiters are still doing their crazy antics, last waitress we had there was rather dry and boring! I was a little concerned they were told to dial it down like they did at whispering canyon cafe.

LeighM

I love seeing pictures from Typhoon Lagoon. The last few trips, I said we were going to go but we can never find the time once we're there.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
This TR is making me wish we did TL on our trips. It's such a fun, relaxing place! Glad they found your Dad's sunglasses! Woot!!

The loaded fries at the Plaza are soooooo good!!

I feel like we somehow make it to TL more than most people :hilarious:
OMG I know I wish I had some of those fries now!

I haven’t been to 50s prime time in many years. Glad to see some of the waiters are still doing their crazy antics, last waitress we had there was rather dry and boring! I was a little concerned they were told to dial it down like they did at whispering canyon cafe.

The table next to us was a big one and they were extra playful with them which was super fun to watch!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I love seeing pictures from Typhoon Lagoon. The last few trips, I said we were going to go but we can never find the time once we're there.

It does take forever to get there which is a bit of a bummer at times - I feel like thats why we usually skip it on short trips

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 May 9, 2019
We got up around 7:30, had some breakfast in the lounge (they had waffles!) and hopped on the monorail.
Well we took some photos before leaving I guess
IMG_3417.JPG

IMG_3418.JPG

Our final destination was actually the Wilderness Lodge so we headed to the boat dock
DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0146.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

My Dad actually never saw the Wilderness Lodge before so thats why we headed there - especially since it is my DVC home :) We were supposed to be going to TL this morning but went the day before instead so we had some time to wander.
DSC_0152.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_0157.JPG

IMG_3425.JPG

Up Next: Day 7 continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
file-118.jpg

My Dad especially loved the lobby (well who doesn't)
DSC_0161.JPG

IMG_3428.JPG

Our ultimate morning plans included Disney Springs so we took the bus there from WL
We did a bit of shopping - I got a new hat - prepare for multiple pictures of me in it :hilarious:
IMG_3430.JPG

IMG_3434.JPG

IMG_3437.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

I thought this pile of legos was funny
IMG_3438.JPG

Next up: lunch

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom