Trip Report *COMPLETED* 6 Parks, F&W Fest, MNSSHP & One HUGEEE Surprise!!!

Hi everyone! We got back from our Disney vacation two days ago and I am still exhausted and unfortunately sick, but I wanted to jump right into the report because if I don’t do it now, it will never get done!

You can find my pre-trip report here, http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/first-trip-in-6-years-with-a-wdw-first-timer.915675/ but here is a quick recap:

Who: My boyfriend, Mark, and yours truly

What: 5-Day Park Hopper Tickets, Food & Wine Festival, One night at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party, One day at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure and one HUUUUGE surprise, but I’m not giving anything away just yet!! You’ll have to follow along J

When: September 26th-October 3rd

Where: POP Century

Why: Mark’s first trip to Disney, and my first time back since being an AP 6 years ago!

Now that we have the particulars out of the way, let’s dive on in!

PacNWTigger

Robins are in abundance in my area! Dolphins are not lol. I haven't taken the wand quiz yet, have you @PacNWTigger?
Yew wood with a Phoenix feather core, 12 1/2", and Supple flexibility...yes...I in fact have a slightly shorter version of He Who Shall Not Be Named's wand...Harry's was made out of Holly.

Okay...I'm a geek...and I'm just fine with that! ;):joyfull::bookworm:

Trisha Lynn

This always works out very nicely because we generally never have to share a dessert

My hobbit and I do this, too, sometimes on purpose. He doesn't like peanut butter and I don't appreciate coconut. This works out well for us sometimes.

At this point, we met several CMs who noticed our costumes and commented that they were also in Hufflepuff!

I'm not that surprised; Hufflepuffs are where the helpers are, right?

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
Yew wood with a Phoenix feather core, 12 1/2", and Supple flexibility...yes...I in fact have a slightly shorter version of He Who Shall Not Be Named's wand...Harry's was made out of Holly.

Okay...I'm a geek...and I'm just fine with that! ;):joyfull::bookworm:
There is nothing wrong with being a geek!! My friends and I are such nerds and we embrace it to the fullest! I need to check out what my wand is!! I've had my wand picked for me at Universal, but I didn't like the look of it, so I chose a character wand instead. We are working on a collection. At the moment we have 2 interactive wands, Snape's, Mad Eye's, He Who Shall Not Be Named, Tonks', Cedric's, & Dumbledore's :geek::geek:

Princess Leia

There is nothing wrong with being a geek!! My friends and I are such nerds and we embrace it to the fullest! I need to check out what my wand is!! I've had my wand picked for me at Universal, but I didn't like the look of it, so I chose a character wand instead. We are working on a collection. At the moment we have 2 interactive wands, Snape's, Mad Eye's, He Who Shall Not Be Named, Tonks', Cedric's, & Dumbledore's :geek::geek:
Mine's dogwood... Which Universal does not sell (go figure).

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
My hobbit and I do this, too, sometimes on purpose. He doesn't like peanut butter and I don't appreciate coconut. This works out well for us sometimes.

I'm not that surprised; Hufflepuffs are where the helpers are, right?
Very astute observation!!

That's funny, my guy doesn't like PB either. I will gladly take any chocolate and PB dessert out there! We both love coconut, but my dessert preference is always something chocolate so he can have all the coconut he wants. Unless the are chocolate dipped macaroons :D

amjt660

Premium Member
That is amazing! I would never go as anything else for Halloween and I would absolutely make everyone else dress up in their house colors!
We all have our house scarfs (from Universal Studio trip a few years ago) that we wear.
Being from Canada it makes the most sense for us
You know about Canada right - 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad skiing!

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
Day 4: Disney Springs & Disney's Hollywood Studios

As I mentioned in my last post, the two late nights in a row would really come back to bite me in the you-know-where today. This was by far our worst day of the vacation, and I know the lack of sleep didn't help at all. Pair that with unexpected crowd levels, a late change of plans, and inconvenient bus trips, and it was a recipe for a bad time.

To begin, I was already cranky about today because my plans had been altered fairly last minute, and that was rather irritating. I was trying to keep positive, but it was tough on such little sleep.

Let me explain what happened. Mark's good friends from his former employer were going to be in Disney the same week as us, which was great. I love hanging out with them and their kids are adorable. We knew they would be there well in advance and we planned to meet up with them at least once while we were there. On top of that, it was their son's birthday during the trip so we wanted to do something fun for him. I came up with the idea of having Mark take him to the LEGO store in Disney Springs and letting him pick out whichever set he wanted. Mark loved that idea, and so we ran that plan by our friends. They thought it was a great idea, and they drove down so transportation to DS wouldn't be an issue for them.

Well, they aren't obsessive planners like I am, so they didn't really have anything set in stone, which I figured would work in our favor...I was wrong. Mark and I knew we wanted to spend at least some time at Disney Springs during our trip to explore the new area and see how the renovations at the LEGO store turned out. So, I made dinner reservations for Bongo's, at Mark's request, for that Friday since we would be at DHS and I didn't think that park would take us that long to explore since there really isn't much there at the moment. We could basically split our day at DHS and visit DS in the middle of the evening, but try to make it back for Fantasmic or the Star Wars fireworks which I really wanted to see.

I confirmed with his friends at least a month or two in advance the date they were leaving to make sure they would be able to meet us at DS that Friday. They said they would be leaving either that Saturday or Sunday. PERFECT! Then, our 1st or 2nd day at Disney, Mark texts them to confirm we are still on for Friday evening. They responded that they were going to do a short day in the park that Friday and then start making their way back home so they couldn't meet in the early evening. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

SO, what are our options now. We tried coming up with different variations of meeting for breakfast or around dinner on a couple different days, but with our dinner reservations, the kid's bedtimes and MNSSHP the timing just wouldn't work. They then suggested meeting early on Friday morning at DS instead. This was really the only option and I know Mark really wanted to take their son to the LEGO store. However, this would mean I would have to change out all of our FP+ reservations, and we would have to go from DS to DHS to DS back to DHS. NIGHTMARE with Disney transportation.

I told Mark I would try to change our ADR at Bongo's to a place at DHS, but he said he wanted to eat there and to just leave the reservation as is. I left the reservation and was able to change our FP+ out, which I was thankful for. I was also irritated because we were meeting his friends at 10 a.m., when DS opens, so we couldn't even go to DHS beforehand because it opened at 9 and that just wouldn't make sense. My plan had been to rope drop TSM and leave my Tier 1 FP+ for RnR. So that plan was out the window. I haven't ever done TSM and it was on my list of must-dos this trip, so I was leaving hope that we could find a short wait-time for it during the day.

In the grand scheme, I know all of this isn't a big deal, but I get easily irritated when I ask people several times to confirm info for me just to have everything thrown out the window. Especially when I had been planning this trip for 9 months.

Now, let's actually start the morning....

I don't think I fell asleep until at least 2:30 the night before because I wanted to get all of our dirty laundry together so I wouldn't have to worry about messing around with it in the morning. I set my alarm for 7:00 a.m. and let Mark sleep while I got up to get our laundry done. Rookie mistake. When my alarm went off the next morning I was still half asleep. I gathered up our laundry and made my journey to the facilities. When I got there, to my surprise, there were only 2 washing machines open. Clearly, everyone had the same idea: get up early and get it done.

There wasn't enough time in the cycles for me to fall back asleep between loads, so I just went back to the room and fiddled on my phone while Mark laid there snoring. I went in and out of the room 3 different times and he didn't even stir :arghh: Of course, I'm getting even more annoyed at that point. But, I finally finished folding the last load of laundry and headed back to the room. I woke Mark up because it was time for him to start getting ready to be able to meet his friends on time and he didn't even realize I had done all 3 loads of laundry :facepalm: And he was still half asleep himself so he didn't even say thank you for taking care of it, which is really unlike him. My blood pressure was getting dangerously high at this point.

We finished getting ready and headed toward the buses. Because of the joint Typhoon Lagoon/Disney Springs buses the line for the bus was super long. We had to stand and at that point my knees were hurting SO badly from walking so much and old sports injuries that I was near tears during the drive. We were already off to a good start to the day :facepalm::cry:

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
We finally made it to DS after stopping at TL first and thankfully, we were on time to meet his friends at the Starbucks. At least the new area is really pretty. At this point, I tried shaking my crankiness because I really wanted to see his friends.

DS 1.JPG

I snapped a few pictures of the springs along the way. This was all covered by construction when we were there in February, so it was fun to see the new area and it was a gorgeous morning.

DS 2.jpg

They weren't open yet, but I absolutely would have stopped for a cupcake for breakfast. I had actually planned to do that at Starring Rolls Café....*insert whining face*
DS 3.jpg

DS 4.jpg

DS 5.jpg

Right as we were approaching we saw his friends heading into Starbucks. Perfect timing. It was so good to see them, we hadn't seen them since early May at that point. We each grabbed a drink and then started making our way to LEGO.

DS 6.jpg

DS 7.jpg

PacNWTigger

I confirmed with his friends at least a month or two in advance the date they were leaving to make sure they would be able to meet us at DS that Friday. They said they would be leaving either that Saturday or Sunday. PERFECT! Then, our 1st or 2nd day at Disney, Mark texts them to confirm we are still on for Friday evening. They responded that they were going to do a short day in the park that Friday and then start making their way back home so they couldn't meet in the early evening. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

SO, what are our options now. We tried coming up with different variations of meeting for breakfast or around
In the grand scheme, I know all of this isn't a big deal, but I get easily irritated when I ask people several times to confirm info for me just to have everything thrown out the window. Especially when I had been planning this trip for 9 months.
I have friends like that too...you make plans for a little further out to make sure everything gets accomplished, and then they backtrack on you. SOOOOO frustrating, but you definitely took it in stride. Hopefully your day improved!

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
We made it! This was fun because it was a complete surprise for their son, let's call him H, and he looooves playing with LEGO bricks.
LEGO 1.jpg

Mark got in touch with the manager prior to our trip and explained what he was doing and asked if they could have their engraver engrave H's name onto a classic red brick. Apparently this is something the DS store will do if you call in advance.

This is Mark giving the engraved brick to H. He thought this was the coolest thing ever!
LEGO 2.jpg

All smiles! :D He kept asking where his brick was whenever we moved around the store.
LEGO 3.jpg

Mark then explained that wasn't his only birthday gift, and that he could go out and pick whichever set he wanted (within reason). He's a good kid so Mark didn't even have to explain that some of the bigger sets were off limits. H loves the City sets so that's where they headed first.:inlove:
LEGO 4.jpg

I snapped some random pictures while they were browsing
LEGO 5.jpg

Hulk, smash!
LEGO 6.jpg

Their daughter looooved playing with the build-your-own-minifig. Anytime she found a head she brought it over to Mr. Mark. So. stinkin.cute.
LEGO 7.jpg

After searching through several different sets, H caught sight of the pick-a-brick wall, and his eyes lit up. All he wanted for his bday was to get one of the buckets and fill it up with random pieces, so that's what they did and he was ecstatic.
LEGO 8.jpg

LEGO 9.jpg

Brickley
Brickley.jpg

After hanging out with them a bit longer we said our goodbyes and they headed off to Epcot and we made our way to the buses. Even with the change of plans, I'm glad we were able to see them!

It's really a shame that they don't have buses that run between DS and the parks. That would be an inconvenience all day. We got onto the first hotel bus that arrived which was the Yacht Club I think. When we got to the hotel we had to wait about 10-15 minutes for a DHS bus to arrive, but we were able to sit on the bus this time! YAY!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom