Complaint to those in charge!

I have been coming to WDW at least once a year for 20 years. Ofter multiple times in one year (4 in one year was the most!) This year I was really excited to be bringing my daughter, her husband and his mother, and my two granddaughters as their first trip ever. The girls are 4 and 5. We made our reservations well in advance at the Club Level for 2 adjoining rooms at the Polynesian. I went through AAA and requested all our dining reservations. This is the first time, I have had this much trouble getting the dining reservations we wanted on the days and times we wanted. Also, we booked and were not told about the Dining Plan being free. So, we called and had to cancel and rebook. Then, today, my daughter who was being treated to the trip got a Past Due Notice on the reservation that was not cancelled (nor the deposit refunded!) When I filled out all the information with the Concierge input for our dining reservations, someone e-mailed and gave me the dates and times (not at any of the times I requested!!) I called immediately and was connected to someone who basically argued with me about when we could get reservations. I basically told her she was about to make my "dream come true" turn into a real nightmare. I have yet to receive a written confirmation of the reservations, confirmation numbers, etc., that I asked for. Additionally, when I called about the Past Due Notice -- I was on hold for over 10 minutes. What is happening? This is not the WDW I am used to dealing with -- and it is not what I expect for the first trip for my daughter and her family. I am so concerned about what will happen at our arrival -- surely, it will work out better than this process has been. I am so disappointed and apprehensive right now -- WDW is not performing and providing the service and cooperation I have seen in the past. And the deal of no reservations until 90 days out -- what is up with that?????? I'm venting I know, but I really want this trip (and with the cost of it, would think it would be) to be a great, memorable trip for my family. I'm showing you off -- and have brought numerous families and friends with me to WDW over the years -- please don't be a disappointment.
Thank you for your attention.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Perhaps you can voice your frusterations to guest relations? Sadly it'll only be a warning tale to others if you only post it here on the forums. :wave:

Mukta

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. If you booked the trip with AAA, you have to deal with them. I don't think calling Disney direct is the answer.
Dining reservations aren't connected to your room reservation. Once you make the dining reservations, keep them. They won't be affected by a reservation change or adding free dining.

Jerm

yeah if you booked with AAA you need to talk to AAA they book everything through Disney. It always pays to do your homework even if you are having someone do all the leg work. For the past few years with the free dining plan eating has become more and more of a challange. Disney is doing what they can to keep people coming back....trust me it stinks for those of us that can not take advantage of the dinning plan and have to deal with the ed off servers and the limited choices of dinning locations due to everyone that is paying less then I am but getting more for free....

Does it stink? YES
Is it Disney's fault? Not really
Should you have spoken with AAA about all the info for that time......you make the call

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom