Complaint letter to Disney?

WishIwasThere

If anyone has even had a really bad or disappointing experience at Disney and has ever written a letter to them. And have felt that the letter had disappeared into a black hole. MSNBC has an article today that addresses such a thing and how to properly write the letter to possibly get some sort of response.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30526959/

Luckily I've never had a issue with any of my Disney trips to warant such a letter, or even a visit to guest relations, but if I did, this is a good guide line to follow.

Mrs. Jobson

I've read all the posts including the one on MSN. Some things I agree and some things I don't. I've heard many complaints from Guests back in the days I was working trust me. Most are valid but some you have to question. Just recently returned from the World and had an issue with check-in at Ft. Wilderness. However it was quickly resolved by a very helpful GSM.:) I have a friend who is a manager at MK. About 3 weeks ago a woman came up to him and was complaining about being stopped several times on Haunted Mansion. He explained to her that they have to do that to help people with disabilities and asked if he can get her and her family on the ride immediately and offered to take them himself along with some fastpasses to another attraction. She declined saying that they wanted to go and watch wishes from Main Street. He explained to her that he was sorry about her experience and asked if she wanted prime seating for Wishes. She declined that and said all she wanted was ice cream. He explained to her that he would be glad to help her with FP or seating but could not give her ice cream.:shrug: She ran off mad to another manager. Now come on, why act like that when she was given a lot of choices to help her experience there. It was like she just wanted something for free and seemed like she had done this before.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

We unfortunately had a less than magically experience our late trip in december. We stayed at POR and did not know until 2 weeks before we went it was pop warner time. When we checked in they put our rooms smack dab in the middle of the cheerleader building. Not a problem everyone has the right to stay and enjoy the magic. Where the problem was was the late night pool parties (we had poolside rooms), the drunk parents allowing their children to run around screaming at 11pm and the lack of response from the POR staff. Long story short we actually ended up calling the police and filling a formal complaint with the police dept and disney. After some going back and forth the with manager of POR we were refunded 5 nights stay. We were surprised at the lack of response intially from the desk staff at POR even though we had proof of what was going on but once we got through to management they handled the situation wonderfully. I think disney is known for being magical and compaired to non world vacation venues i think they do the most they can to try to compensate visitors for a vacation gone bad when in fact it is their wrong doing and not just the fault of some vacationers who set the bar too high or didnt do their research.

In cases like these, it's tough to get the front desk to actually do anything. It normally comes from a manager as they try to keep compensation for all guests to a similar amount (don't want a cast member to give 1 night to 1 person and entire stay for another).

From past experiences, it doesn't really matter where in the resort you are during Pop Warner and cheerleading competitions. You'll hear and see kids running around the entire resort even if you aren't in a building where they are staying.

Upvote 0

goodtimes5286

I've read all the posts including the one on MSN. Some things I agree and some things I don't. I've heard many complaints from Guests back in the days I was working trust me. Most are valid but some you have to question. Just recently returned from the World and had an issue with check-in at Ft. Wilderness. However it was quickly resolved by a very helpful GSM.:) I have a friend who is a manager at MK. About 3 weeks ago a woman came up to him and was complaining about being stopped several times on Haunted Mansion. He explained to her that they have to do that to help people with disabilities and asked if he can get her and her family on the ride immediately and offered to take them himself along with some fastpasses to another attraction. She declined saying that they wanted to go and watch wishes from Main Street. He explained to her that he was sorry about her experience and asked if she wanted prime seating for Wishes. She declined that and said all she wanted was ice cream. He explained to her that he would be glad to help her with FP or seating but could not give her ice cream.:shrug: She ran off mad to another manager. Now come on, why act like that when she was given a lot of choices to help her experience there. It was like she just wanted something for free and seemed like she had done this before.
LMAO, I would have loved to see that go down. A CM giving her soultions and after everyone she just screams "ICE CREAM!"

I wish a CM would have been that helpful, I was told that I couldnt get anything on my last trip on my birthday b/c i showed the CM a comp ticket i got (well technically my dad got after he was talking to a CM at our hotel and he hooked him up). All I wanted was the $75 card so i could get some pins, but the old bird SERIOUSLY had something wrong with her. Just before walking off I said "so there is nothing i can get? (like FP's, ticket OR fun card), and she said "basically"

Maybe if i woulda just screamed ICE CREAM i would have gotten hooked up :)

Upvote 0

Rob562

I wish a CM would have been that helpful, I was told that I couldnt get anything on my last trip on my birthday b/c i showed the CM a comp ticket i got (well technically my dad got after he was talking to a CM at our hotel and he hooked him up). All I wanted was the $75 card so i could get some pins, but the old bird SERIOUSLY had something wrong with her. Just before walking off I said "so there is nothing i can get? (like FP's, ticket OR fun card), and she said "basically"

Not that it excuses any rudeness or bad Guest service you may have gotten from the CM, but by not giving you anything she wasn't being unhelpful, she was just following the correct policy for the Birthday promotion.

In order to get one of the alternate birthday options (like the gift card), you have to have either an Annual/Seasonal Pass or a multi-day ticket that you used to get into the park, and that Guests using complimentary ticket media are not eligible.
This is outlined in the FAQ section of the WDW webpage.

-Rob

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi friend...I'm sorry for your not so magical experiences as of late! I agree...not cool!

As I've mentioned in a few posts, I'm kind of assisting my mom in planning her August trip.
Between the hours not being out til late, CMs telling her "AP rates will be out tomorrow...the next day...the next" and then having them not extended to the time she ends, having a CM tell her she can make ressies 100 days in advance, she has been very frustrated too!

I'm glad you wrote a letter...they need to hear it.

Hello there my friend!! I'm sorry you are having trouble with your mom's ressie! It's frustrating, isn't it? And I know that we all may not like it, but understand the changes in the systems and getting info to us...but what drives me crazy is the inconsistant and bad, and usually wrong info the CM's give you on the phone when you call!! I think one of out 5 gave me accurate info! All is well now with our ressie and i'm doing the 4 weeks to go happy dance today! :sohappy: I have a couple things left to do, and hopefully, they will go well! :lol: I hope your mom's ressie goes smoothly from this point out!! :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Hello there my friend!! I'm sorry you are having trouble with your mom's ressie! It's frustrating, isn't it? And I know that we all may not like it, but understand the changes in the systems and getting info to us...but what drives me crazy is the inconsistant and bad, and usually wrong info the CM's give you on the phone when you call!! I think one of out 5 gave me accurate info! All is well now with our ressie and i'm doing the 4 weeks to go happy dance today! :sohappy: I have a couple things left to do, and hopefully, they will go well! :lol: I hope your mom's ressie goes smoothly from this point out!! :wave:

Yes it is very frustrating!
She is a super planner and she was so frustrated, she almost started crying the other day :(
And you are right...it seems very common lately that CMs give out inaccurate info! That's a biiiig problem.

Yes, I saw on another thread that your trip is coming very soon!
So excited for you!

Upvote 0

goodtimes5286

Not that it excuses any rudeness or bad Guest service you may have gotten from the CM, but by not giving you anything she wasn't being unhelpful, she was just following the correct policy for the Birthday promotion.

In order to get one of the alternate birthday options (like the gift card), you have to have either an Annual/Seasonal Pass or a multi-day ticket that you used to get into the park, and that Guests using complimentary ticket media are not eligible.
This is outlined in the FAQ section of the WDW webpage.

-Rob
i had a 10 day park hopper plus pass, i showed her this, but she said since she 'saw the other one first' i had to use the comp n i couldnt get jack

Upvote 0

Rob562

i had a 10 day park hopper plus pass, i showed her this, but she said since she 'saw the other one first' i had to use the comp n i couldnt get jack

Hmmm... Which ticket did you use to get into the park that day? That's the one that is supposed to be used in the determination, not which one you happened to show first.

If it was the 10-day ticket, then you would have been eligible. And as a Guest Services CM, she would have been able to scan the ticket to verify that it had been used for entry that day. (And I believe the ticket probably has to be verified in that way anyway)

-Rob

Upvote 0

goodtimes5286

Hmmm... Which ticket did you use to get into the park that day? That's the one that is supposed to be used in the determination, not which one you happened to show first.

If it was the 10-day ticket, then you would have been eligible. And as a Guest Services CM, she would have been able to scan the ticket to verify that it had been used for entry that day. (And I believe the ticket probably has to be verified in that way anyway)

-Rob
used 1 of each, i grabbed the wrong ticket when i brought it up 2 the counter, but my dad came up after and gave it 2 me, but like i said she said 'b/c i saw the other 1 first you cant get ne thin'. i was very iritated to say the least....

plus will call is outside the park, so you dont even have to use a ticket to get in the park yet

Upvote 0

Figment25

We were on our hunnymoon in may of 2005 we got to WDW about 3:30 pm and had we didnt get our luggage til 2am from ME. I went to the front desk at WL in a calm manor and explained to them I was cranky cause i had to cancel my plans for dinner that night and was going to be dead tired in the morning when I went to the park. (i was nice to them) they gave me a card looked like a room key and told me dinner anywhere on WDW was on them. There was no limit on the card..It was nice anywhere else would have told you OH WELL.

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

If anyone has even had a really bad or disappointing experience at Disney and has ever written a letter to them. And have felt that the letter had disappeared into a black hole. MSNBC has an article today that addresses such a thing and how to properly write the letter to possibly get some sort of response.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30526959/

Luckily I've never had a issue with any of my Disney trips to warant such a letter, or even a visit to guest relations, but if I did, this is a good guide line to follow.

My emails and letters to Disney always gets me a return email or most likely a call back from them. They may not help me everytime but they always listen.

Scott

Upvote 0

goodtimes5286

My emails and letters to Disney always gets me a return email or most likely a call back from them. They may not help me everytime but they always listen.

Scott
that's all i want for what happened on my bday, just someone to teach the CM how to talk to people. and to think, the worst part was that i wasnt even being rude back to her :(

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

Original Poster
Unfortunately, I think this article is just going to encourage people to try to complain to get free stuff :mad:

I hope not...That would just show how greedy and petty people really are. I've only written a couple of complaint letters (no none to Disney) in my life, not expecting any compensation, but to just explain what happened that caused my problem. Just stating the facts of what happened, without slandering people or anything, and naming names and facts of the situation, of who was involved does go a long way to helping them finding the root of the issues.

Upvote 0

frillyhills

My family and I traveled from Australia to go to Disneyland last month and it was majorly disappointing. We booked into the Grand Californian, and were charged a small fortune for a small room for 5 of us. Our day in Disneyland had us queuing for a series of broken rides and on the Splash Mountain Ride we had to get 'rescued' from the drop when it stopped. All in all we spent 5 hours in queues to successfully get on 1 ride.

I wrote to Disneyland and did get a response within about 10 days saying they would offer replacement tickets as of course they experience technical issues from time to time and the safety of the passengers is paramount. I understand their point but it does not erase the significant disappointment of our children and the waste of money not only for the pass but the accommodation and our flights! I very much doubt Disneyland will come to the party of reissuing those tickets! I'll wait for a reply....

Upvote 0

Californian Elitist

This thread is going on five years old.
blink.gif

Upvote 0

durangojim

I've had to do this once. Their response was more than satisfactory - 4 free nights at a deluxe concierge room, some spending money, and we're now on the VIP list at the same resort.
When I wrote the letter I approached it rom the point of view of trying to help them with their service and did not scold at all. Received two follow up calls with man agent both of whom we're extremely receptful to what I had to say. Something that could have really dimi shed Disney for us turned into a positive.

Edit. Just noticed the date, sorry!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom