Complaining to Disney

ninjaprincesst

We have complained in the past, typically the issues have been with our rooms and at all levels of resort.

POR Summer 14' pd for a Preferred Room only to receive a parking lot view through a stairwell, this was after spending two weeks at AKL and YC with spectacular views of a Savanna and BWI. We only received a shrug and "well, the rooms here are categorized by building not views and since you requested something close to accessible (no WC accessible rooms were available) we put you close to the parking lot to make it easier." This was a slap, especially since the room had stairs to get to the lot so we had to walk around the building anyway to get to the parking lot. We will never stay at this resort again BTW.

Still POR Summer '14... We had our bags transferred from YC to POR and when they arrived the refrigerated snack items (they were labeled by YC bell services) were hot, some smashed and not edible any longer. After a quick visit to the front desk, they offered to replace as much as possible (theme park specific snacks cannot be replaced at resorts apparently) and they did replace everything including a few bags of melted Disney Gummies and added more than a few items from the resort with sincere apologies. We were impressed with the quick and unexpected level of service after the issues with our room location.

Pop Century '02 was overbooked one trip, 10 days into a 12 day visit we were notified that they were overbooked and we were being moved. Our choice was AS-S at the same price or CBR, we chose CBR but were forced to pay the price difference for the two nights as we had a "choice" We called and complained about not only being forced to move but having to pay the difference which resulted in being comped the price difference with a small thank you sent to our room from the head cheese.

BWI Christmas '13 put us in a parking lot view room after we paid for a preferred room, my wife had a cow especially given the amount of money we spent for the location and view. It took three hours and two visits to the front desk to get it straightened out as there was "a mix-up" in room assignments that resulted in too many preferred view rooms being sold. We were placed into a preferred room with a chipped sink that had been blocked off for repairs and were comped a single nights stay for our trouble on our account and an apology by the manager.

I have found that if you travel enough issues will be encountered. Disney usually does a great job of taking care of any issues

After waiting nearly 45 minutes for my sons ghostly photo at MM in MK (which is great BTW) the CM sent a small apology with a magnet thanking us for our patience and that she was sorry we had to wait so long but enjoyed chatting with us during the time we waited. This was a little magic that was unexpected and means a lot to us.

GR in DHS (Ross) helped us with or MM package issue. After trying to resolve the issue with our resort (POFQ) to no avail he went above and beyond to make sure everything was fixed to our satisfaction.

The same thing happened with my daughters Haunted Mansion photo , it took forever to come out, so long that we gave up and had it sent to our room, when we went to pick it up at the hotel there was a keycahin and a necklace my daughter had been looking at included in the package with an apology note.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom