Complain To An Imagineer!

Clever Name

Original Poster
You’ve heard of the “Dine with an Imagineer” program at WDW. I’ve heard the rumor that they are going to start a new program called, “Complain to an Imagineer”.

For $120.00 per person (plus tax and 18% gratuity), you can sit down with an Imagineer at the WDW bar of your choice and complain to your heart's content about closing of the Adventurers Club, the removal of Horizons, the lack of monorail expansion, the broken Yeti, burned out light bulbs, why CBJ hasn’t been made into its own park and any other matters of interest to you as time allows. Whine pairings will be $50.00 extra. :wave:

Nemofinder

This seems very satirical...
not-sure-if-serious.jpg

lazyboy97o

And I'll bet that at least some of the Imagineers are as frustrated by those bean counters as we are. :shrug:
Yep, but Disney presents this image of Walt Disney Imagineering as this singular organization with one view, and therefore one opinion. Funny how Disney has convinced so many fans that the Imagineers are by far the most talented in the industry but also somehow devoid of individual opinions.

Timekeeper

Clever Name,

Clever. Yes, it's a funny "joke" (for a few different reasons), but I think that it reflects a valid sentiment. Sometimes the best way to express a frustration is to do it with humor. I like it. :sohappy:

I know its a "joke" post, but what could an Imagineer even do? We all know all the real decisions are made by the bean counters.

What can Guest Relations "even do"? If we thought that providing feedback (whether good or bad) to someone at the bottom of the corporate ladder was pointless, then feedback itself would be inherently pointless. But a lot of us find value in an outlet, a listening ear within a company, with whom to express our concerns, frustrations, or compliments.

And even within the "joke" is the notion that an Imagineer (or similar "insider") might actually respond (and not just sit there and listen), which might serve to enlighten the complainer as to issues that he or she didn't consider or wasn't aware of. For example, I might complain that Space Mountain is a bit too "bumpy." An Imagineer might let me know that making the ride "smoother" would require a 2 year refurb, in which case the occasional bumyness is no longer an issue, as I would prefer a slight jostle over a 2 year closure. And so on.

Beneath the humor is a valid point. Besides, any "lunch" with a dissatisfied guest could potentially turn into a "complaining lunch." For example, there's probably no difference between a "Lunch With Your President" and "Complain To Your President Lunch." Regardless of how it's labeled, the lunch will likely be the same. :cry:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sadly most WDI peeps who can want to make a difference are hand tied. They did want to improve Space Mountain for example. They had the plans ready to go.

The joke should be complain to management.

zooey

Like Martin said, Imagineers have many, many ideas, tons of plans, drawings, concept that they would LOVE to implement into the parks. Unfortunately, they don't control the money. Blaming an Imagineer is like slapping the waiter because the chef got your order wrong.

bullsforthewin

People also have to realize that money does not come out of thin air. Everything that has to be done has to approved by the board and the stockholders. So yes they can do massive additions but then the 30 other sectors of the company are going to be denied money and then people would complain about the lack of Pixar Movies or that Marvel is denied funds or that ESPN has to cut people etc....while you guys like to attack "beancounters" without them Disney would not be around right now and would of been broken up into thousands of pieces back in the 90s

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
People also have to realize that money does not come out of thin air. Everything that has to be done has to approved by the board and the stockholders. So yes they can do massive additions but then the 30 other sectors of the company are going to be denied money and then people would complain about the lack of Pixar Movies or that Marvel is denied funds or that ESPN has to cut people etc....while you guys like to attack "beancounters" without them Disney would not be around right now and would of been broken up into thousands of pieces back in the 90s

The stock holders have no vote whatsoever on additions/subtractions to the parks. And the lord only knows what kind of mess we would have if this was the case,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom