Commodore Suite Upgrade at Yacht Club

surfsupdon

We had checked in on Thurs late night, and the Yacht Club CM apologized for not being able to fulfill our request for Yacht Club Lagoon View (which we paid for) that was near the Wedding Gazebo. But she did say she was sure we would enjoy the room.

She handed me the keys, which were YELLOW, so right there we knew we had an upgrade to Club Level 5th floor. I was very thankful to her at that moment, but that was only the beginning.

We get to our room, in the corner of the wing, walk in, and are SHOCKED to see that it is the COMMODORE SUITE, or VP Suite. Entry foyer, 3 bathroom, living room, huge marble main bathroom, 2 queen beds, a daybed, huge california king bed, 5 TVs, 3 balconies, I can't stop raving about it. This room was quivalent to 4 rooms.

So I went to downstairs to make sure this wasn't a mistake, to which I was simply told, "Magic happens, enjoy your stay with us, find Mickey and thank him."

Yacht Club has always been our favorite Resort for many many reasons, but this vacation was just incredible by the royal treatment of this upgrade. It was unbelieveable, and completely out of the blue.

We were so thankful and made sure that we expressed our gratitude to everyone that we saw.

surfsupdon

Original Poster
We are home, today, and had an incredible extended weekend stay.

We took a ton of pictures, will try to post some. The Suite was newly updates because; none of the sites have updated room pictures of the Commodore Suite.

Just goes to show that Magic is alive and well.

Upvote 0

durangojim

That's awesome! Did you change anything about your usual park habits to stay in the suite more during the trip or go about business as usual? Also i'm confused why you didn't invade the wdwmagic community down for a party in your suite:shrug:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Original Poster
That's awesome! Did you change anything about your usual park habits to stay in the suite more during the trip or go about business as usual? Also i'm confused why you didn't invade the wdwmagic community down for a party in your suite:shrug:

Hahahaha! Our park habits have changed throughout the years; we are no longer theme park commandos (well only in the morning and nights), in the afternoons we stay at the Resort. And this time, yes, we did order room service (which we've never done before) and eat in the living room and on one of the 3 balconies. We always looked forward going back to the suite; it was incredible. The updated decor/furnishings look nothing like current online pictures--will have to upload them.

I should have had an open invite. Next time.

Upvote 0

Bowler Hat Girl

That's amazing! I'm sure a few people would have thrown a fit when they heard the room they wanted (and paid for) wasn't available. I'm glad it's people who keep their cool who get rewarded with these types of treats! :)

Upvote 0

durangojim

Hahahaha! Our park habits have changed throughout the years; we are no longer theme park commandos (well only in the morning and nights), in the afternoons we stay at the Resort. And this time, yes, we did order room service (which we've never done before) and eat in the living room and on one of the 3 balconies. We always looked forward going back to the suite; it was incredible. The updated decor/furnishings look nothing like current online pictures--will have to upload them.

I should have had an open invite. Next time.

Very Cool! You could have made a video for WDW Cribs:
"Yeah, welcome to my pad. My place is $2k/night yo! Dis here is da supreme premium Mickey Bar made with flakes of 24K gold. Look outside my window and I have my own private beach and pool. I also gots my own magical express. Ballin!"

I don't really know what any of that means, just that I've heard it on TV before:lol:

Upvote 0

DisneyFan1003

Wow! Gotta love that kind of upgrade! Had you done online check-in prior to arrival? I've heard you have a better chance of an upgrade when you don't...just curious. We haven't been overly impressed with online check-in thus far.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

What a great story, especially that they didn't let on to their surprise; glad to know the magic is not gone at the Disney resorts. We were surprise upgraded once to club level at AKL but not to the big suite, and that in itself had us smiling the whole trip. Congrats.

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

Now that is an upgrade!

mqoqew63mxofqmqx.jpg

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Original Poster
We did not use online check in, we've always said it is much more fun checking in with a CM face to face.

We were the last of the night to check in, around 10:15pm.

I will try to post pictures, even after ten years of being a member, I still don't know how!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom