College Program Placement

MacDuffieMuppet

Original Poster
I had my interview for the spring 09 CP wednesday and I think it went really well, but there was one part that worried me. I told her that my top three choices were 1.)Attractions 2.)Recreation 3.) Transportation. I told her that I really wanted to be placed in a role that I could communicate with guests because of my love for Disney and wanting to share it with others. When I told her this, she told me that all of my choices included guest interaction, but she told me that I would be a really good fit for custodial since I know a lot about Disney. My question is, Can I be placed in a role that I did not check off on the role sheet?:veryconfu I really hope to get to accepted, but I think I will be heartbroken if I get a role that I did not choose. Has any of the former CP's been placed in a role that they did not choose? Thank you very much for your help. :)

It's very likely that you can be put in a role you didn't check off. My first CP was in a role that I didn't list. Don't worry about it too much, even though custodial sounds really awful most everyone that I knew that worked custodial really liked it and it actually does give you some of the most guest interaction of all the roles.

joanna71985

It is possible. I know someone on FB who was put in merchandise, and she didn't check it off (she was put there because she works in retail at home). But it doesn't always happen. So I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

MacDuffieMuppet

Original Poster
Ok. It just made me a little worried. I have wanted to do the program since I was little and the recruiter was heavily suggesting it. Thanks for the input. :)

They pushed for custodial because it's a spot that's harder to fill and isn't as popular as others such as attractions or recreation. When I interviewed the first time I made it really clear that I had a lot of retail experiance and would like to work merchandise, but then they asked me if I would be willing to work QSR. I said yes that I'd actually be willing to do anything if I could do it at Disney World, and I ended up with QSR even though it wasn't one of my choices and I'd never worked fast food at all. I was dissapointed at first but I ended up enjoying every minute of my time on that first college program. So the one thing I can tell you is to please not worry too much about your job placement, it really is what you make it and I know people who were happier in their undesirable jobs in custodial than people who ended up with their dream jobs at Space Mountain. Myself included, I did a second program in entertainment and stayed on with Disney and even though I have a job that a lot of people would envy I look back at my time working in a restaurant and really miss it. There's a pretty big chance that as a CP your actual job will suck, even if it's something like attractions or entertainment, but once you make friends and start to enjoy what you do, you really won't care if you're sweeping up popcorn or if you're running a ride.

Tinkrbell

I would be happy with whatever position they gave me. I ended up in costuming (I checked it on my application, but it wasnt one of my top picks.) It gets boring at times, especially when Im at Epcot, but I love it & the people I work with. (When Im not at Epcot, Im at Fantaasmic.) If they gave my custodial, I would have taken it & I would try to enjoy myself.

joanna71985

Custodial is really not that bad. I did custodial Summer 2007, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I've also done QSFB, and I don't think I would do it again.

MacDuffieMuppet

Original Poster
hmm. Once again everyone here is so helpful. Thanks for sharing your stories. I will just have to wait until i get my letter. If I do go accepted I should be happy, since i have been waiting for ever to do the program and there are others who probably have not been accepted and would do anything to go down to florida. Thanks for helping me see a different point of view with things. Thanks!

bellydancerchic

college placement

i interviewed in early October . i thought it went good. then i got a pending letter that they werent done with my app. they havent chosen if im in or not yet.

than the Monday after that Nov 3rd I GOT ACCEPTED INTO COSTUMING.....

I have to be in Orlando January 5th to May 15th. Spring 09.....

Cant Wait.... I LOVE DISNEY.

:kiss::cool::kiss:
Chelsea :)

Tinkrbell

Im in costuming too. I just applied to extend my program with a preference to stay in costuming.

Costuming has some downsides (little guest interaction, being some of the first or last people to leave the park for the day), but it also is really fun & a lot of the people you meet (both fellow costumers & performers) are awesome.
Just a heads up that your location might change several times, I have been trained in 3 different areas & I am working at all 3 next week. Some of my friends know 4 or 5 areas.

vwayfan123

I had my interview for the spring 09 CP wednesday and I think it went really well, but there was one part that worried me. I told her that my top three choices were 1.)Attractions 2.)Recreation 3.) Transportation. I told her that I really wanted to be placed in a role that I could communicate with guests because of my love for Disney and wanting to share it with others. When I told her this, she told me that all of my choices included guest interaction, but she told me that I would be a really good fit for custodial since I know a lot about Disney. My question is, Can I be placed in a role that I did not check off on the role sheet?:veryconfu I really hope to get to accepted, but I think I will be heartbroken if I get a role that I did not choose. Has any of the former CP's been placed in a role that they did not choose? Thank you very much for your help. :)

thats kinda like my story. my first choices were something like transportation, attractions, and merchandise. A month later i got a letter in the mail saying i was accepted for custodial...and it turns out its the best job to have. I basically had free roam of future world (onstage and backstage) wasn't tied down to one building, or area, met people from different attractions who i would have never met if i worked in a store, and last but definatley not least, i took breaks whenever i wanted, for as long as i wanted :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom