College Program Alumni

Lhriangel

Re: Hey!

Originally posted by WendyDarling
I am an alumni. I was there spring 2001, doing custodial at MK. And I am going back for Fall Advantage 2002. The brainwashing must have worked really good on me. :p

woohoo. Hmmm then it worked on me too but that's another story. I think I was brainwashed to love disney from birth. My aunt always tells me this story that when I was little she took me to Toys R Us for my birthday to let me pick out whatever I wanted and I went STRAIGHT for the Mickey and Minnie dolls :). I still have them too!

MKCustodial

Re: Re: Hey!

Originally posted by Angelique

woohoo. Hmmm then it worked on me too but that's another story. I think I was brainwashed to love disney from birth. My aunt always tells me this story that when I was little she took me to Toys R Us for my birthday to let me pick out whatever I wanted and I went STRAIGHT for the Mickey and Minnie dolls :). I still have them too!

Well, the brainwashing worked just fine. I used to LIKE Disney, not totally LOVE it! But then, how can you not love it after taking Traditions and "Once Upon a Time... is Now!" ? :cool:

freaklarm

Hey everyone. I'm an alumni from the Summer 2001 (F&B @ DWWS) and I'm a Campus Rep from Univ. of Puerto Rico (Mayaguez Campus). I'm going back for the Fall 2002 as TRANSPORTATION HOST!!! I can't wait to get there again..:sohappy: :sohappy: :D

JolieKae

Tomorrowland Merchandise -- Jan.- Aug. 1998.

It was the absolute best time of my life.

Attachments

• nametagjp.jpg
    nametagjp.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 121

burbur

found out the other day that i will be working at flame tree bbq at dak. was hoping for tuskers again, but i will deal. i love one of the managers at flame tree, so that's good to know, but i'd still like to be at my old home. i'll make the best of it, though. :)

DisneyCP2000

CP from Fall 2000

I got to work at Epcot in fall 2000. I was placed under Quick Service Food & Beverage, but I never worked with food. I was placed under Conventions and Special Events. During my 4 month stay I got to work in Conventions, the Food & Wine Festival (GT + drove a car around Epcot every night :D ), a special Thanksgiving Kidcot, Candlelight Processional, New Years Eve preparations (passed out New Years hats to ALL the departments in Epcot, and to guests on the 31st), and finally the Disney Marathon.
As for a campus rep, I wish. I attened my CP the semester before I graduated. I've gone back as a Casual Temp (CT) in the past year and I have plans to go back one more time. Hopefully this time around I'll find a job and move on down to WDW. Been eagerly waiting for that hiring freeze to end, and now that it's over, I ready to go!

silent_warrior

re: former CP alum

HI, I saw you message posted up and am replying. I was in the 2001 spring advantage program and worked at Spoodles on the BoardWalk.

wbboy29

Calling all WDW College Progam Alumni

Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding roommates for you all. I will be arriving on June 19th for my WDWCP. As you all know we are not told anything about our roommates until we show up in our apartments. So, I was just wondering what was your experience with your roommates? Where were they from? Were they cool, and did you guys get along? Were you woried about what they would be like? Also did you stay in a "Wellness" complex and what did you think about it? Sorry there are so many questions. I can't wait to get there, but I'm a little interested about what my roommates could possibly be like. Thanks in advance for your help.:)

tunka

I'm sorry, but I can't answer your questions. Disney wants to keep it top secret! Just kidding! Actually i have no idea! I wish I could tell you! If I could tell you then that would mean that I had been part of the WDWCP. I always wanted to be part of it. I already have a college degree and I guess I'm not eligible anymore. I'm working on my Masters of Professional Accountancy. Do you know if I can take part in it or not? Good luck with your adventures and have great time!

Lhriangel

Hmm.. roommates. Well I had 5 then 4 cause one left.

Storytime. I met Kellie and Lauren online. Lauren about a year before my CP and Kellie when I was getting ready to go on my CP. We got along and decided to room together. It also happened that when we got there we had actually met 2 of the other girls, Jen and Sarah, the night before at Pizza Hut because they were on the message board we all met on. That was cool. Angela was the only one we didn't know before we moved down and she was the one that .. um.. no comment lol. Sarah was the one that went home early though :( :(. I loved all my roommates and I wouldn't trade them for anything. We had our ups and downs, fustrations and trajedies but all roommates have that. Just keep an open mind and you'll be fine :).

WDWGarden

I was on CP about 6 years ago (wow...hadn't thought about how long ago that was...scarry!) My roomates were great! I didn't know a thing about them until the day we moved in and was a little worried about that. Once we all met on the first day, we all got a long really well and I still keep in touch with all except one (he was nice but kind of strange...) They were from Philidelphia, Texas, Illinois, Miami, and New Jersey. I kind of figure everyone there is the kind of person who really wants to spend a summer working at Disney, so they can't be all bad. Don't worry about...just go with an open mind and have fun. You will have a blast!

tmm7899

Roommates

When I was down there last spring I had an 8 person apartment, I arrived to check in around 1130 I got to talking to the guy in line behind me. It turned out that he was one of my roommates so we decided to share a room in the apartment. MTV could not have put a more diverse group together to live together. We had a guy who was gay, a guy who was engaged, a guy who was the "old" man of the apartment, the really religous person, the extremely quiet person, the foreigner (well not really he went to UF but he was from Argentina), the party animal, and me the kid from Vermont.

We all more or less got along, I hung out with the party animal and the gay guy the most because they were the most fun to go and do things with. I have been in contact with all of my roommates except for the quiet one. I probably talk to the party animal about once a week. I can honestly say that he is probably one of my best friends in the entire world.

TURKEY

Original Poster
IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW:

All 21+ are grouped together. ALL less than 21 are grouped together and put in Wellness apartments. 21+ you can be placed in a wellness if you choose. If you turn 21 while on your program, you have the choice to move to a non-wellness apartment.

WELLNESS LIFE

I chose a wellness apartment. Non-wellness apartments are where you can find big parties. Not all party, lots are like the wellness apartments. It's just hard to find a wellness apartment that was a big party throwing apartment.

I wasn't a big partier. Mostly because I worked nights and because I don't drink that often. Wellness apartments were quieter. You can always go find a party to go to. It's hard to kick people out when you want to sleep.

I also didn't want to stay in an apartment where lots of alcohol was going to be kept. I would rather be on the safe side and have no alcohol rather than risk getting one with lots rather than keeping a little which I would have been fine with.

TIME FOR MANY STORIES

I started out in a 1 bedroom wellness. Well, it so happened that my roommate and his girlfriend both came. He stayed across the hall at his gf's at night. It happened to be that he worked where I did. HE SUCKED. He was 1 reprimand away from being fired in each different category (appearance, job performance, etc.). We didn't get along too well because I yelled at him during work. I ran the kitchen where I worked most of the time.

He got terminated for having guests DRIVE out at 4 am. Security came and woke me up trying to find him. I had that place to myself for a couple of months (or it at least seemed that way, it may have been just a month).

I was to move into another 1 BR wellness. I go in one morning, the guy has both matresses in the living room and is lying there with a girl. There are probally 30 ashtrays filled with butts in the apartment (all apartments are non-smoking). That didn't work so I went to get another place.

I ended up in a 2 BR wellness apartment. A week after I got there, a hole in the wall apeared and 2 of the roommates got the other one kicked out. They had a long history. So it was the 3 of us for a while. We got along pretty well. One of the guys was big into punk rock and was kind of a jerk and was with a different girl most nights plus one that he would go back to if he couldn't find another. We still got along pretty well even though we had our differences.

Then in mid July we got a 4th roommate. He was real strange and quiet. He took our food. He never said a word. I didn't really have a problem with the guy. The punk rock guy was a jerk to him though.

The guy may have been mentally challenged or something. I don't know, but he was a custodial host on Main Street. A little boy dropped his bucket of popcorn, and the roommate walked right thru the mess without sweeping it up.

I got along great with the guy in the 2 BR that I was actually in a room with. We just never got to hang out much. He worked mornings, I worked nights.

I hope I didn't scare you with my stories. I got along with all but my 1st roommate well. We didn't let our differences bother us except for the first guy.

When I went, check in was at PI, but they say it is at Vista Way now. Lots of people found roommates while going to meetings and filling out paperwork at the various clubs, before getting to the housing section.

If you have any more questions, PM me. I am a campus rep and try to keep up to date on what's going on.

DisneyCP2000

First of all Congrats on making it in the College Program. I'm pretty sure you'll have a great time down there!

Okay...as for the roommate issue. I've heard that vista way assigns roommates in the order that they came. SoOoo, when you stand in line for check in, look around you. All those who are +/- 21 years old will probably be your roommates. As for my CP, I chose to stay in a wellness, 6 person apartment. Everyone got along and we never had problems with each other. There were issues though: I'd always get ed at them for not clean the apt and washrooms. There are also issues with the AC. There will always be someone "playing" with the thermostat. As for diversity...we had 3 from IL, 1 from NB, 1 from UT, and 1 from OH. One of the roomates that I lived with was on the same plane from Chicago to Orlando. We kinda followed each other all the way through the check in process to the time we moved in with each other. We didn't really talk to each other until we found out we were roommates. Another thing that I found really cool was that we all worked in a different park or resort, so I heard all kinds of stories.

Enjoy you stay at vista way! (or chatham?)
Eric

wbboy29

Thanks everyone, for the stories and information. You really helped calm some of my nerves about this, except for "TurkeyLegBoy," your stories kind of scared me(Lol:lol: .......Just kidding). Actually, I'm hoping that I will have a very diverse group of roommates. I would think it would get kind of boring if everyone had the same personality. I am over 21 but I put in the application that I would prefer a wellnes hall. I don't mind going out and having fun but I just don't want to take the chance of it getting to crazy in the apartment.
I have another question for you all. The only flight I was able to get, at a good price, out of Oregon doesn't arrive in Orlando till 5:15pm the day I'm supposed to arrive. I'm supposed to check in between 9am-3pm. Do think arriving late will affect me getting into a wellness hall? And how do they assign your roles? I know I will be in operations, and allthough I don't mind doing parking or front gate, I would much rather prefer attractions. Do you think getting there that late in the day will affect that, or do they have your role preassigned before you get there? Again, sorry I have so many questions. Thanks again in advance for your help, and for the help you have already given me.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom