Trip Report College Graduation Celebration: Inappropriate stories, crazy cast members, taking selfies, and FOOD

When you're post vacation depression finally settles in, what must a crazed WDW fan do? Make a trip report, of course! As I type this trip report in 60 degree weather in the boring Chicago suburbs, I hope to bring magic to your home, in addition to some many, many laughs. Enjoy!

Reason: Cassie (my best friend since the 2nd grade) and I's (Jessica) college graduation! After a four grueling years of schooling, we figured we earned a much needed all girls trip to WDW.

Here's a photo of the cast with some brief information about us to make you a little more familiar with us.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7330589652.jpg

From left to right:

Jessica (me, 22): I received my B.A. in elementary education at the University of St. Francis with additional endorsements in special education and middle school social science and language arts. I hope to be obtaining a teaching job at the primary level for the upcoming school year!

Jodi (my sister, 20): Jodi is a hair stylist, and is also attending junior college to eventually obtain a degree in business or communications. Jodi is actually applying for the Disney College Program in August.

Rachel (Jodi's best friend, 20): Rachel also has her cosmetology license. While going to the same college as Jodi (they are in some of the same classes), Rachel works a ton as a waitress.

Cassie (my best friend, 22): Cassie has a B.S. in Psychology from University of Illinois. Cassie will be attending grad school in the fall at Midwestern University to earn her masters in occupational therapy. Cassie did the Disney College Program last year and graduated from it. She has lots of inside knowledge!

I have made trip reports before, so feel free to check them out:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...hot-days-fun-times-and-plenty-of-food.762909/

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-years-at-the-happiest-place-on-earth.878566/

Now, onto the report!

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Thank you! I had a feeling no one would complain. :) We loved our costumes, thank! And I should have been clear on who was who. I was Minnie Mouse, Jodi was Marie from the Artistocats (you were right!), Rachel was Pocahontas, and Cassie was Oliver from Oliver and Company.

I got everyone's outfit except for Cassie's. Maybe because I never saw Oliver & Company. :eek:

Your pictures of the Poly lobby are gorgeous. Your love for the new light fixtures shines through them. :cool: Seriously, great shots.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Love your Spaceship Earth pictures, too!

I did Enchanted Tales with Belle for the first time last year, and enjoyed it a lot! The magic mirror was very cool, and it was great to watch the little kids enthusiasm for participating.

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Fun trip so far, can't wait to read more. Great pictures of Be Our Guest.
Thank you!! :)

Love the pictures of BOG! Next October will our first time in BOG :) As you can imagine we can't wait!!
Ahh, it's definitely worth it to go! The restaurant is an attraction in itself.

I'm enjoying this trip report! It reminds me of the trip I took with my best friends in 2013, we were all 22 as well!
I'm glad you are enjoying it! Aren't friends trips the best? I want to do one again!

I got everyone's outfit except for Cassie's. Maybe because I never saw Oliver & Company. :eek:

Your pictures of the Poly lobby are gorgeous. Your love for the new light fixtures shines through them. :cool: Seriously, great shots.
You must see Oliver & Company! It's cute and a tear jerker, especially if you like cats! Thank you! I love Poly, and I am really happy with the new lobby.

Love your Spaceship Earth pictures, too!

I did Enchanted Tales with Belle for the first time last year, and enjoyed it a lot!
The magic mirror was very cool, and it was great to watch the little kids enthusiasm for participating.
Thanks! Enchanted Tales is really great. I love how personal it is. Thanks for reading! :)

I love Be Our Guest!! My mom and I went for the first time this past spring and we split two of the entrees, they were fantastic! I'm also a lover of French onion soup and the one there is one of the best!! :)

LisaBelle

Still following along! Love the mirror that you found. Will definitely have to check that out on our next trip. Beauty & the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, but have not gotten to see Enchanted Tales with Belle since New Fantasyland opened. It is on my list. We had lunch at BOG on our last trip and I am really hoping for a dinner ressie on our next trip. I want to meet the Beast!!! Have you ever had the French Onion soup at Les Chefs de France in Epcot? I tried it last summer and it was delicious! My husband and I said we'd go back there again just for soups and desserts! Looking forward to reading more. You can tell that you ladies had a wonderful time!

DawnaldDuck

Joining in! You ladies seem to have had a great little trip! That Mirror!! OH MY DISNEY! They always amaze me in everything they do. Love the Disney Side outfits, the 24-hour day looks like a blast!

Goofnut1980

Day 1: Part 2

I used my snack credit and got a cup of soft served ice cream, which I regret. I totally forgot how the Contemporary has fake ice cream. I believe it's called non-fat ice cream or something, but it is not creamy at all. I highly recommend getting dole whip, water park, or even Fort Wilderness ice cream. Haha, these are the places where you can get real ice cream. It's weird how they're different everywhere.

I agree with you!!! No one believes me when I tell them the ice creams are different at every location in the World... Some of them are just plain nasty!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Day 2: The Coolest Summer Ever Part 9 (OMG day 2 is soo long!)

As the cart rolled up, I noticed it was "snowing" outside.
DSC_1024.JPG

Oh, and there's the dessert cart.
DSC_1026.JPG

Cassie and I were given the gray stuff for our graduation. *Spoiler Alert* I must say, I was a little disappointed to find out that the gray stuff simply tastes like vanilla frosting, but I guess what else could it taste like? I guess it just has a lot of hype. It was good, though.
DSC_1030.JPG

DSC_1032.JPG

We all got the same dessert, which we loved. This cupcake is full of chocolate fudge goodness.

You are allowed to tour the restaurant after you eat, so we snooped around.

DSC_1038.JPG

DSC_1035.JPG

Some people were eating here, but I was a bit confused because I almost believe this room is for quick service breakfast and lunch.

The Beast's lair:
DSC_1042.JPG

I was seriously having the hardest time taking a good picture in this restaurant due to the lighting.
DSC_1048.JPG

As we were leaving, Jodi and Rachel saw that the beast was greeting the guests, so they decided to take a picture with him.
IMG_6972.JPG

BOG Review: While I like BOG, I have to say, I don't love it. I think BOG is great solely because of its atmosphere. The imagineers did a wonderful job, and your kids (if you have kids) will get a huge kick out of it. As for dining in the ballroom, we felt as though we were in a cafeteria because it was so large, and the voices really bounce off the walls. I mean this is hard to tackle since it is in a large ballroom where voices naturally carry. As for the food, I was a bit disappointed with the lack of adventurous entrees, so-to-speak. I felt like I was at home. My only options were salmon, chicken, steak, pork, and vegetable lasagna. Nothing was too exciting on the menu. Unfortunately, my entree was about a 6/10, but the girls really liked the food. Again, the desserts were great, but I expected more than cupcakes, eclairs, and a slice of cake. But hey, all in all it's good, and definitely something someone should do at least once for the experience. There's a lot to see, but I personally don't have the desire to go back.

Note: I'm so sorry for the lack of posting. Job searching is consuming my life at the moment. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you all!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Day 2: The Coolest Summer Ever Part 10- THE LAST PART (OMG finally!)

Once we got out of BOG, it was already dark. We headed to main street to go back to All Stars to change because we were going to attempt somewhat of an all nighter. But first, we gawked at Main Street's beauty.

If you don't pay attention to the windows on main street, I high recommend you do! There's so much detail, and I had no clue you could see rooms inside.
DSC_1070.JPG

Once we got back to my car, it began to rain. When we got to All Stars, we quickly changed and headed back to MK. It was still raining a little bit, so I didn't bring my DSLR. Something happened as we were trying to catch the tram and this guy was making fun of us, but I cannot remember the story for the life of me. Perhaps, I'll remember it later.

Naturally, I had to drool over the sweets at the confectionary shop when we got back. Is it called that anymore? Was it ever called that? Haha, you all know what I mean.
IMG_0414.JPG

This may be Edy's ice cream, but Edy's ice cream is better in Disney than the real world, so I'll take it! The fact that I was able to eat more after dinner is rather astonishing, and I guess I'm a bit of a p-i-g when it comes to eating on vacation. I think Jodi got an ice cream too. Seriously, though, I have an ice cream addiction.
IMG_0417.jpg

After my treat stop, we headed over to the good ol' Carousal of Progress. I was able to sneak my ice cream on the ride and enjoy the show. Our theater was absolutely full, and I don't think I've ever seen it so full. As the show was going on, I saw lots of people sleeping (thanks to the 24 hour event) and eating, so I didn't fee too bad about my ice cream. Now, I really don't want to get on the topic of how bad Carousal of Progress is, but Disney should be embarrassed for allowing it to get to such a state, especially since the rides is one of Walt's. From eyes half blinking - to rain not being existent- to calendars (yes, what the heck happened to the calendar in the 50's?! I notice everything) - to water pumps not pumping water - , this attraction is dire need of a refurbishment. Get it right, Disney!! I

After COP, we went on over to the People Mover. At first, the line looked extremely long, but when Cassie checked the wait times, she saw that the time was only 10 minutes. We walked right on. I love this ride so much. Yes, I would love to see some refurbishing on this ride too, but I still love it. I also get nervous every time we go through Space Mountain, haha.
IMG_0419.JPG

After PM, we headed over to Buzz. Can you tell how I am feeling about now?
IMG_0422.JPG

Intense. Can you tell I was cold?
IMG_0424.JPG

Every time I lose, every single time.

We went on Small World after.
IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_6789.JPG

As we were riding the boat, some girl was complaining about how her race wasn't on the ride at all (she was white- this was pretty confusing). I mean, this girl was so obnoxious and would not stop talking. Cassie and I were so loopy tired that we couldn't stop laughing because of the conversation we were hearing.

We went on Peter Pan after. I had no idea the queue was completely redone. It is awesome and interactive. We enjoyed exploring in it and almost wished we had more time in it!
IMG_0430.jpg

Jodi, Cassie, and Rachel went on Space Mountain after.
IMG_6791.jpg

I'm not a fan of roller coasters and was extremely tired, so I decided to nap instead on a bench outside. I went in such a deep sleep that when the girls were off of the ride and tried to get a hold of me, I didn't answer. I woke up and ended up finding them. I explained how I felt like I was going to die, and that I could not go on haha. We all decided to leave, and it ended up being about 3:30. We went to bed at about 5am. So I hope you can predict what happens next, sleeping in extremely late!

Next up: The water parks!

lostpro9het

BOG Review: While I like BOG, I have to say, I don't love it. I think BOG is great solely because of its atmosphere. The imagineers did a wonderful job, and your kids (if you have kids) will get a huge kick out of it. As for dining in the ballroom, we felt as though we were in a cafeteria.... There's a lot to see, but I personally don't have the desire to go back.
Totally agree!

janelove956

Day 2: The Coolest Summer Ever Part 10- THE LAST PART (OMG finally!)

Once we got out of BOG, it was already dark. We headed to main street to go back to All Stars to change because we were going to attempt somewhat of an all nighter. But first, we gawked at Main Street's beauty.

If you don't pay attention to the windows on main street, I high recommend you do! There's so much detail, and I had no clue you could see rooms inside.
View attachment 97845

Once we got back to my car, it began to rain. When we got to All Stars, we quickly changed and headed back to MK. It was still raining a little bit, so I didn't bring my DSLR. Something happened as we were trying to catch the tram and this guy was making fun of us, but I cannot remember the story for the life of me. Perhaps, I'll remember it later.

Naturally, I had to drool over the sweets at the confectionary shop when we got back. Is it called that anymore? Was it ever called that? Haha, you all know what I mean.
View attachment 97846

This may be Edy's ice cream, but Edy's ice cream is better in Disney than the real world, so I'll take it! The fact that I was able to eat more after dinner is rather astonishing, and I guess I'm a bit of a p-i-g when it comes to eating on vacation. I think Jodi got an ice cream too. Seriously, though, I have an ice cream addiction.
View attachment 97847

After my treat stop, we headed over to the good ol' Carousal of Progress. I was able to sneak my ice cream on the ride and enjoy the show. Our theater was absolutely full, and I don't think I've ever seen it so full. As the show was going on, I saw lots of people sleeping (thanks to the 24 hour event) and eating, so I didn't fee too bad about my ice cream. Now, I really don't want to get on the topic of how bad Carousal of Progress is, but Disney should be embarrassed for allowing it to get to such a state, especially since the rides is one of Walt's. From eyes half blinking - to rain not being existent- to calendars (yes, what the heck happened to the calendar in the 50's?! I notice everything) - to water pumps not pumping water - , this attraction is dire need of a refurbishment. Get it right, Disney!! I

After COP, we went on over to the People Mover. At first, the line looked extremely long, but when Cassie checked the wait times, she saw that the time was only 10 minutes. We walked right on. I love this ride so much. Yes, I would love to see some refurbishing on this ride too, but I still love it. I also get nervous every time we go through Space Mountain, haha.
View attachment 97848

After PM, we headed over to Buzz. Can you tell how I am feeling about now?
View attachment 97849

Intense. Can you tell I was cold?
View attachment 97850
Every time I lose, every single time.

We went on Small World after.
View attachment 97851

View attachment 97852
As we were riding the boat, some girl was complaining about how her race wasn't on the ride at all (she was white- this was pretty confusing). I mean, this girl was so obnoxious and would not stop talking. Cassie and I were so loopy tired that we couldn't stop laughing because of the conversation we were hearing.

We went on Peter Pan after. I had no idea the queue was completely redone. It is awesome and interactive. We enjoyed exploring in it and almost wished we had more time in it!
View attachment 97853

Jodi, Cassie, and Rachel went on Space Mountain after.
View attachment 97854

I'm not a fan of roller coasters and was extremely tired, so I decided to nap instead on a bench outside. I went in such a deep sleep that when the girls were off of the ride and tried to get a hold of me, I didn't answer. I woke up and ended up finding them. I explained how I felt like I was going to die, and that I could not go on haha. We all decided to leave, and it ended up being about 3:30. We went to bed at about 5am. So I hope you can predict what happens next, sleeping in extremely late!

Next up: The water parks!
What kind of camera do you have? You're pictures are so great and vibrant!

briannarebelo

I just started reading this earlier today and I'm all caught up! I love the idea of going to the parks with your girlfriends, it seems like such fun. :joyfull: I'm excited to read on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom