Coffee Opinions

Yellow Shoes

I was looking at Chef Mickey's latest posts of snack cart menus and got to thinking.

Several of the carts feature cappuccino, lattes, etc.

We all know that the resort coffee at WDW (with the exception of the $8 Kona at the Polynesian) is horrid.

I am going to assume that the cappuccino is the powdered mix like you can get at a convenience store (or in a big vat at Costco, Sam's etc.). If so, I should probably save the $3.69.

I am not a coffee snob--Maxwell House is just fine for me (although I did buy a Fair Trade Ethiopian that I just love), and I would rather have WDW coffee than Starbucks.

Anyone have any experience with coffee from the carts??

Did Knee

Ive never bought coffee from a cart either (incidentally I agree with you on starbucks). I do appreciate great coffees however. I have been oftem tempted to buy the Mickey coffee that can be found in various stores throughout WDW. Could somone comment on the quality of that as well? Thanks!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Yellow Shoes said:
I was looking at Chef Mickey's latest posts of snack cart menus and got to thinking.

Several of the carts feature cappuccino, lattes, etc.

We all know that the resort coffee at WDW (with the exception of the $8 Kona at the Polynesian) is horrid.

I am going to assume that the cappuccino is the powdered mix like you can get at a convenience store (or in a big vat at Costco, Sam's etc.). If so, I should probably save the $3.69.

I am not a coffee snob--Maxwell House is just fine for me (although I did buy a Fair Trade Ethiopian that I just love), and I would rather have WDW coffee than Starbucks.

Anyone have any experience with coffee from the carts??
Vanilla Chai Latte tea from the cart around the bend from the Off Kilter stage hot or iced!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am a little bit of a coffee snob so I will drop a few opinions. As a general rule your normal run of the mill WDW coffee is fair at best. Most of the castmembers that are making coffee know next to nothing about how many factors come into play that effect the taste of coffee, nor do would they even have control over it if they did. They just toss in a bag and hit start. The espresso carts really depend on the barista working at them and the equipment they are given. A good barista with a standard espresso machine will out perform an automatic machine any day of the week. If you want a consistently good cup of coffee at WDW drop the $8 at the Poly fro the 100% Kona coffee.

Upvote 0

mdjbenkert

I have tried many of the coffees from the carts throughout Disney. All have been pretty good. The espresso and cappuccino are both good. If you really want a GOOD cup of coffee, I would recommend the 100% Kona at the Kona Cafe in the Poly Resort.

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

By no means am I a coffee snob or expert but I do like a good cup. Yes the normal coffee is :hurl: but i've noticed even your cup of basic black coffee from the carts around World Showcase isn't bad.

And I agree with you on Starbucks.

Upvote 0

DisneyHoneymoon

PT Starbucks Barista here!

In my opinion the stand at Epcot in America section has a nice espresso and latte. Also don't forget the France and Italy restaurants. Their cappuccino/lattes are good, too.

FYI, cappuccino is 1/2 cup of foam, 1/2 cup steamed milk and espresso shots. (in other words cup is half empty!).
Latte is almost full cup of steamed milk, espresso shots, and a little bit of foam on top.

Re: brewed coffee -- for those who have a rental car the Hilton hotel in Downtown Disney actually brews Starbucks in their lobby cafe (open to the public) and if you drive out past Crossroads and into the "Doctor Philipps" residential area near Downtown Disney you will find a real Starbucks. We usually go there at least once or twice a trip either for breakfast (cheaper than at Disney resort) or for a later night nosh. Literally 2 doorways away is an Einstein's Bagels, and their bagels are true NY style, hot from the oven. Yumm! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

AshAlytwins

Not a coffee comment, but rather a Hot Chocolate comment. Stay away from the Disney Princess Hot Chocholate mix that is sold in the gift stores. We are Hot Choc. lovers (being from the north) and that was a major dissapointment!

Upvote 0

righttrack

IMO, minus Boma and Kona, do not expect a decent cup of coffee on property!! Its a caffeine delivery system. Just "morning medicine". That is all.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Is the Princess hot chocolate the stuff that is blue, purple, etc.?

IMHO, the best hot chocolate is the stuff you make with real cocoa, sugar, a pinch of salt, and whole milk. If you've never done it before, you simply must. There's no turning back after the real deal.

Upvote 0

copper

I suggest going to the Dolphin & Swan they brew Starbucks and its really good! Even to those who aren't fans of starbucks will like the coffee & teas served with Breakfast at the restaurant Fresh in the Dolphin.

Upvote 0

latoberg

WL coffee

I'm not a coffee connoiseur, but when I stayed at the WL two years ago, I really enjoyed the coffee. Maybe it was the fact that I doctor mine with sweetner and milk. But I have had some truly awwwwful coffee. And no amount of doctoring made up for it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom