codes...how many have you gotten?

tinkfan05

Has anyone received codes 2 years in a row? We got a 20% code for this Oct. but are also going in May of 2009, and was wondering if anyone has ever received codes 2 years in a row?

Disneykidder

If you are referring to the discount codes that are miraciously attached to your name when you book. NO. NEVER EVER EVER GOTTEN A CODE!! I'm not bitter, no, not at all.:mad:

Upvote 0

DISMOM

Way back in May of 2004, we visited that Magical Place called Disney. That summer, we received a postcard for something like 40% off a value resort during the fall of 2004. We could not go because the kids were in school at the time and the vacation was a huge financial undertaking for us. Also, it was our first vacation to Disney and I guess that we thought that everyone received a postcard after every vacation. Ha.:ROFLOL: Now we know better and are much wiser and would probably jump on a chance to save 40% off at value resort. So, yes we received one and no, we did not take advantage of it. [forehead slap].:veryconfu What was wrong with us, anyway?

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

I got one in January and I got one in the mail again over the weekend for the 40% off again..This is the first time in years that I have recieved them though.

Upvote 0

PrincessMagic

We received one this year and something two years ago, but the one two years ago wasn't a very good discount if I remember correctly. This time around we received a really good discount and booked a deluxe resort and saved alot of money.

Upvote 0

KUNZEWORLD

Are friend just got one for 40%off in Oct..so we just booked. saved a good bit...the weird thing is that we can't figure out how they send them out. We go every few years and so does our friend...she got a card with the discount but we didn't. A week later our other friend that has never been got the same discount card for some reason.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Good one Dan...so true!!:ROFLOL:

Well, there really isn't a rhyme or reason and I'd really love to know how some get two, one and none. I think if I got it i'd just use it to upgrade my room so they'd still be making the same off of me...SO SEND ONE!!:)

Guess we can't all be as lucky as Maggie... 2 this year already??!!

Upvote 0

DougK

If you are referring to the discount codes that are miraciously attached to your name when you book. NO. NEVER EVER EVER GOTTEN A CODE!! I'm not bitter, no, not at all.:mad:

I've never gotten one either, and I AM bitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Actually I've never won much of anything so I am not surprised. And yes I said "won" because to me this would be like winning money since we go to WDW anyway, saving 40% (or any amount I supose) on a deluxe would be incredible!

Upvote 0

KUNZEWORLD

the difference for us meant staying at Poly for the price of Caribean. I have a question...are these codes only good for the person sent too and do they limit the amount of rooms. So far we have two rooms booked but need at least two more. HmMMm

Upvote 0

PrincessMagic

the difference for us meant staying at Poly for the price of Caribean. I have a question...are these codes only good for the person sent too and do they limit the amount of rooms. So far we have two rooms booked but need at least two more. HmMMm

We booked our room with a discount and were told that we could add one other room and receive a discount on it also. In our case my hubby's brother will receive the same discount and have his own ressie.

Upvote 0

tonya

No---never got one. Does Disney look at the times of year that you normally take your trips? We usually go in the middle of the summer or spring break---do they mostly send them out to off-peak guests?

Upvote 0

sissa216

This year alone...

I've received THREE.
40%, and 20% twice. All at the same email account.

We debated for over a month, and finally
switched our trip from Thanksgiving week
to a week in September for the 40%, since
the offer was too good to pass up.

I'm on every Disney mailing list you can imagine,
have requested the DVDs and maps,
(like the current daily dreams entry)
and have gone recently:
2x 2004, 2005, and 2007. :shrug:

Who knows what triggers it. I'm the kind of person
that never wins anything or receives any discount codes (normally)

Upvote 0

gatordoc

We got one this year (actually, it was addressed to my wife) for the first time. 40% off on deluxe resorts at various times during the year. We have booked a F&W trip in the fall at the Boardwalk and a Christmas trip at the Contemporary. I have no idea how they decide these things - we have been on-and-off-again passholders since 1994 (usually every other year). We also have been DDE members over the same period of time, always participate in guest surveys when asked while in the parks, buy stuff online from DisneyShopping, etc. We generally book using either passholder or Florida resident deals when they are available, but this one is at least as good as or better than any of those have ever been.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom