News Coco scene coming to Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Disney World

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
24tiuh24pgy9gre1.jpg

We can’t keep this news under Mickey’s sorcerer hat much longer. Fans of “Mickey’s PhilharMagic” will soon be tapping to a new song with the debut of an animated scene based on Disney and Pixar’s “Coco.”

The musical number “Un Poco Loco” will anchor the new scene when it opens to guests at Disney California Adventure park and Disneyland Paris on July 17, before being added to Magic Kingdom Park later this year during the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary celebration.

The film’s fun, upbeat music and characters combined with the humor of Donald Duck marks the first time Disney and Pixar animators have worked on a creative endeavor where characters from both animation studios will be seen together on screen.

Because music is such an integral part of the show, we were also fortunate to tap one of the film’s original composers – the world-renowned Germaine Franco – to produce a “Coco” score unique to “Mickey’s PhilharMagic.”

Guests will enjoy this new scene alongside all of the show’s current fan-favorite musical numbers. Now it’s time to put on those opera glasses and let the show begin!

New scene from Disney and Pixar’s ‘Coco’ coming to Mickey’s PhilharMagic

Last edited:

brb1006

Why is it I immediately thought of what “changes” Disney has been making around the resorts lately. I have nothing against Coco but Why just Coco and not other things like Frozen?
Because Frozen has been overexposed at this point. I'd rather had something from Disney's older films (1960s and 1970s era such as The Aristocats or The Jungle Book) over yet another "Let It Go" musical number. I still remember the "Frozen Summer Fun" event held at DHS between 2014 and 2015 because of how massively popular the movie was. "Let It Go" was everywhere between 2014 and 2015 and you couldn't escape it! Kids were singing it, adult women were singing it, and countless covers of the song! I'm sick of that song due to this.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom