CM's Who Lost It

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
So I have first hand experience of a CM looosing their cool. Happened one day in MK parking lot, as I was being parked. As you do I was following along the ranks of CM directing me to the right row, and as it happened I must have been the first car along a new row, so driving further and further away from the tram lane all the way to the end of the row. The last cast member in the line was a small young lady, who was a number of spaces from the last space in the row, and she was kind of walking fast to get into the right position to guide cars in. As I approached her, and the end of the row, she started pointing to the space she wanted me in. Now there was already a line of cars parked at the front of the row, and we were to be the second lot of cars to park behind. As I followed what I thought were her instructions I pulled into the last space on the end of the row, directly behind an SUV or something that was parked in front. She looked at me as I did and waved her arms a bit, and then moved straight on to the next car and parked it one space away from me.

Now I thought I had followed her instructions, but turns out I had parked in what was either a much shorter end row, or the car in front hadn’t been pulled all the way to the front, and so the back of my car was sticking out into the traffic lane. Not by much, and more than enough to get past, but I can see if someone hadn’t been thinking as they drove along the row of parked cars they could have hit mine. But it wasn’t obvious when parking this was the case, and to be honest as I parked and turned the engine off I was none the wiser of the issue.

All of a sudden as I’m sat sorting out my stuff and turning off the sat nav and what have you this male CM in his early 20’s bangs hard on the passenger window and starts screaming at me. “Hey buddy, she told you not to park there. What the (insert expletive starting with f here) have you parked there for jerk. She made it clear where to park”. He continued to stand there staring at me and waving his arms about clearly massively annoyed, before smacking the side of the window again with his fist and shouting “move the (more swearing starting with f) jeep jerk” and stormed off.

Now to say I was shocked would be putting it mildly. To my mind I had parked where she indicated, and all was good. I’m at MK, the suns out, a day of rides and popcorn and fireworks is ahead of me, the girl who fleeced me for $17 to park had been nice and friendly(!) and all is good. The pixie dust is starting to settle over me and I’m feeling fine with the world. Suddenly as you can imagine I’m abused in drunken frat boy style by this college age lad whose role in the parking operation seemed to be abusing unsuspcting guests.

I have to admit I was kinda shell shocked. Not by any worry for my safety or fear he would come and attack me, but just because it was so utterly unexpected. So totally out of place. If I had done something I’d known to be wrong I would maybe have been expecting a telling off, but I was oblivious up until this point that i’d made this parking error.

By the time I had regained my sense of composure, the lad was no where to be seen, neither was the girl who had tried to park me, presumably by this point down the row parking other cars. So I waited till the family next to me has got all there stuff and moved off and carefully reversed out, and parked in the empty slot next to me. Soon I was on my way to grab a tram, and head to the TTC. I was by this point still shocked. It was just so out of place. A bit like turning the isle in your supermarket and seeing a zebra standing there checking out the breakfast cereals. You just don’t expect it.

I had every intention of reporting it, but I couldn’t see any CM in the parking lot who wasn’t busy, and by the time I got to MK and towards guest services I took a look at the queue hanging out the door, and though better of it. I proberbly should have reported it, as he was totally out of line, and no matter what my parking indiscretion that day, there was no need to lose it the way he did. If i’d seen a CM in the parking lot I guess I would have, but the big queue at guest services, and the lure of a Big Thunder fast pass made me keep moving.

Something similar happened to someone I was with one trip. The person parked in a open spot closer to the busses and a CM saw and wasn't happy about it. After a stern talk (lol.. yelling) this CM said he was gonna call security and have the car towed. The person I was with sort of lost their cool because of how the CM approached us but at the end of the day my acquatence didn't care and the car was still there and nothing came out of it. But man was I impressed at how frustrated this CM got for such a small thing.

It's not textbook but it was a easily accessible, open spot and not worth the confrontation on the CMs part, imo.

Goofyernmost

Something similar happened to someone I was with one trip. The person parked in a open spot closer to the busses and a CM saw and wasn't happy about it. After a stern talk (lol.. yelling) this CM said he was gonna call security and have the car towed. The person I was with sort of lost their cool because of how the CM approached us but at the end of the day my acquatence didn't care and the car was still there and nothing came out of it. But man was I impressed at how frustrated this CM got for such a small thing.

It's not textbook but it was a easily accessible, open spot and not worth the confrontation on the CMs part, imo.
It's not a small thing... it is or can be a huge thing. Once the entitled see that anyone gets away with that they will indeed fall in line and decide that they aren't going to walk all the way from the other end. Then you have extreme organization that was undermind by one jerk and followed by the rest of them. It is a very BIG thing and never, ever should be allowed to happen and that car should have been gone when you got back. Wanna bet that the next time your acquantence went he did the same thing again. #1 entry in the 'I wanna be a class a jerk' handbook.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
It's not a small thing... it is or can be a huge thing. Once the entitled see that anyone gets away with that they will indeed fall in line and decide that they aren't going to walk all the way from the other end. Then you have extreme organization that was undermind by one jerk and followed by the rest of them. It is a very BIG thing and never, ever should be allowed to happen and that car should have been gone when you got back. Wanna bet that the next time your acquantence went he did the same thing again. #1 entry in the 'I wanna be a class a jerk' handbook.

I knew someone was gonna wag their finger at me for this. I should've clarified, the organization was lackluster on this particular day. 1. There was no CM guiding us up to that point 2. There were no cones blocking the spot or section 3. It was a perfect misunderstanding just waiting to happen. I don't necessarily condone staying in that spot, but it was equally ridiculous and uncalled for how the CM approached us so aggressively. I've been in the service industry for years and never once treated someone like that, even if we all knew they deserved it.

I digress but even one guy went nose to nose with me when I didn't greet their table for awhile. Was as stupid as it sounds. The worst (only thing I was able to say after his expletive filled rant) was "well if youre gonna complain my name is ***". He took it sarcastically, Irritated him more then it should've lol. I guess that's just my way of handling confrontation.

mergatroid

I knew someone was gonna wag their finger at me for this. I should've clarified, the organization was lackluster on this particular day. 1. There was no CM guiding us up to that point 2. There were no cones blocking the spot or section 3. It was a perfect misunderstanding just waiting to happen. I don't necessarily condone staying in that spot, but it was equally ridiculous and uncalled for how the CM approached us so aggressively. I've been in the service industry for years and never once treated someone like that, even if we all knew they deserved it.

I digress but even one guy went nose to nose with me when I didn't greet their table for awhile. Was as stupid as it sounds. The worst (only thing I was able to say after his expletive filled rant) was "well if youre gonna complain my name is ***". He took it sarcastically, Irritated him more then it should've lol. I guess that's just my way of handling confrontation.

Popcorn at the ready :eek:

voodoo321

I had the miserable experience of being in line behind a severely obnoxious teenage dance troupe on Grizzly River Run at DCA. Luckily none of them were seated in our boat and they filled a few boats directly in front of us. As the boats were cascading close to unload, about 20 ft from the roundabout, a couple of the girls stood up in their boat to yell at their friends. A male CM at the dock shouted for them to sit down and when they didn't he yelled "SIT DOWN NOW!!!!!" repeatedly in the loudest, most forceful, direct, authoritarian manner I've ever heard a CM speak. Think of a drill instructor or the most intimidating teacher that you ever had from elementary school. My daughters and I were secretly hoping that a boat from behind would knock ours into them and of course the threat of injury like that was the reason he was so vociferous. I wholeheartedly applauded him.

And Pluto must have it rough at Disneyland. I witnessed a legitimate fist fight (multiple face blows landed) between two males that had been ushering their kids up to meet Pluto. It was a "my kid was here first" thing and they looked like thugs (neck tattoos and wife-beaters). After a few punches had been thrown Pluto actually got between them and helped break it up before security got there. And they came quick and out of nowhere even though it was in a relatively secluded area. I really don't think but only a few people other than myself even saw anything or realized any kind of disturbance occured.

Last edited:

mergatroid

I had the miserable experience of being in line behind a severely obnoxious teenage dance troupe on Grizzly River Run at DCA. Luckily none of them were seated in our boat and they filled a few boats directly in front of us. As the boats were cascading close to unload, about 20 ft from the roundabout, a couple of the girls stood up in their boat to yell at their friends. A male CM at the dock shouted for them to sit down and when they didn't he yelled "SIT DOWN NOW!!!!!" repeatedly in the loudest, most forceful, direct, authoritarian manner I've ever heard a CM speak. Think of a drill instructor or the most intimidating teacher that you ever had from elementary school. My daughters and I were secretly hoping that a boat from behind would knock ours into them and of course the threat of injury like that was the reason he was so vociferous. I wholeheartedly applauded him.

And Pluto must have it rough at Disneyland. I witnessed a legitimate fist fight (multiple face blows landed) between two males that had been ushering their kids up to meet Pluto. After a few punches had been thrown Pluto actually got between them and helped break it up before security got there. And they came quick and out of nowhere even though it was in a relatively secluded area. I really don't think but only a few people other than myself even saw anything or realized any kind of disturbance occured.

Well done the CM, was trying to stop those girls getting injured or worse. People can die at theme parks by messing around like that (not that I think you're criticising him)

s8film40

I was at Epcot for NYE once. Obviously the park was crowded. As we were walking around World Showcase we got to a point near Rose & Crown where there were just so many people packed in and all trying to go different directions that the whole area was virtually at a standstill. There was pretty much nothing you could do you couldn't get back out of the crowd and you couldn't get through everyone was pretty much trapped. This one small group of people start chanting "Disney sucks... Disney sucks". There was a manager standing on the curb at the edge I assume just trying to do whatever she could to fix the problem. She just totally lost it and started yelling (really yelling) at the group, saying things like "we're doing everything we can" and "the duty manager is on his way". This then escalated as these guys were really looking for an argument they both just started shouting back and forth. It was totally unprofessional especially for a manager, but hey it's NYE it gets pretty crazy.

Goofyernmost

I wonder what would have happened if when we were kids we just unthinkingly walked out into the street with traffic coming. And instead of yelling for us to stop, our parents just quietly, and softly said... now dear... please don't go any further because there is a truck coming at you and if you get killed it will ruin our evening. First off, we might not have heard it and the urgency would not be clear if we did. Now we are talking about adults, allegedly, that are unable to distinguish between anger and alarm. I guess it's true that when we go to a Disney Park, we do turn into a child and have to be yelled at to get our attention and kick our brains into the on position. Then we go to Guest Services and whine that the mean old CM said something bad to us and we want something free.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I was at Epcot for NYE once. Obviously the park was crowded. As we were walking around World Showcase we got to a point near Rose & Crown where there were just so many people packed in and all trying to go different directions that the whole area was virtually at a standstill. There was pretty much nothing you could do you couldn't get back out of the crowd and you couldn't get through everyone was pretty much trapped. This one small group of people start chanting "Disney sucks... Disney sucks". There was a manager standing on the curb at the edge I assume just trying to do whatever she could to fix the problem. She just totally lost it and started yelling (really yelling) at the group, saying things like "we're doing everything we can" and "the duty manager is on his way". This then escalated as these guys were really looking for an argument they both just started shouting back and forth. It was totally unprofessional especially for a manager, but hey it's NYE it gets pretty crazy.
You have to wonder why WDW doesn't set up traffic lanes in areas they know are pedestrian bottlenecks.

EvanAnderson

Okay, with the parking thing. I used to work in one of the Disney lots a long time ago. In the morning, the only thing we want is safety and efficiency. No one likes to park all the way down, but someone has to do it. If the cars keep moving, it starts a backup and guests get mad when they can't park quickly or they start parking wherever they want. When an orderly system is in place, and one car decides to not follow the rules and park wherever they want, it makes a chain reaction. "He parked there why cant i?" So that's why they sometimes are "stern" in having people keep going. Of course courtesy is required, but one car throwing off the organization throws off the flow.

s8film40

Okay, with the parking thing. I used to work in one of the Disney lots a long time ago. In the morning, the only thing we want is safety and efficiency. No one likes to park all the way down, but someone has to do it. If the cars keep moving, it starts a backup and guests get mad when they can't park quickly or they start parking wherever they want. When an orderly system is in place, and one car decides to not follow the rules and park wherever they want, it makes a chain reaction. "He parked there why cant i?" So that's why they sometimes are "stern" in having people keep going. Of course courtesy is required, but one car throwing off the organization throws off the flow.
I’ve never understood why they start all the way at the end and work their way back to the front of the rows. It just has always seemed so counterintuitive to humane nature. Everyone wants to get a close spot so they create this situation where the guests are driving past empty spots they want to park in. They create a bad situation for both the cast and guests, it’s so stupid.

castlecake2.0

I’ve never understood why they start all the way at the end and work their way back to the front of the rows. It just has always seemed so counterintuitive to humane nature. Everyone wants to get a close spot so they create this situation where the guests are driving past empty spots they want to park in. They create a bad situation for both the cast and guests, it’s so stupid.

I think it’s because it easier that way to keep track of how many spots are left available in the row. If you can’t see the end of the row as your sending cars down to the end and there’s no more spots left then chaos will ensue.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Ha! That's awesome!
She still works there! She had the same POC meltdown last month.
The worst I ever saw/heard was at Disneyland when I was about 10. It was late and my sister and I were getting on the Skyway ride. Remeber that ride? I dont know what the issue was but the CM who was loading the passengers lost it on the man in the party ahead of us. He yelled “f... off old man!” Happy feeling gone...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom