CMs: The Good, The Bad, and "The Evil One We Do Not Speak Of"

Thunder Kz

Original Poster
Discmen said:
In June we had the chance to meet Mike, a monorail operator. He was workigng line at the TTC and I asked if we could sit up front for the ride to EPCOT. He got us up front, and then decided to take over for the ride. He was great.

Hey, we rode up front with Monorail Mike too! He is a great CM! I didn't know about the Rx service. That's really a great service! :sohappy:

MickeyKimmy

I'd hate to make you speak of "the evil one we don't speak of", but the curiosity is killing me - who is she and what did she do? I did a search but couldn't find any other threads about "the evil one".

Forget the question - found the answer!

MSTINKHERBELL01

sissa216 said:
This past November-during the week of Thanksgiving-, we were on our Honeymoon.
For the actual day of Thanksgiving, we decided to avoid the parks, and instead to get massages/explore the resorts/have a carriage ride/have dinner at Ohanas.

Anywho, the lady who drove our carriage in Fort Wilderness was amazing.
Having been a CP, and also having worked long holiday hours in retail back home, I told her I understood how hard it is to work holidays, and I thanked her several times.
She was so passionate about her job and said she loved it, and was very cheerful. She lead pleasant conversation and overall did everything she could to make sure our half hour was enjoyable.
At the end, she tearfully thanked us and told us that guests like us make it worth all of the grumpy people she deals with, but we told her that CMs like her is what makes it worth going to Disney for.
It was a very magical moment :animwink:

Here's a cool pic of her that I took when my camera accidentally went off.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/carissa216/100_0275.jpg

I was tearful at the end of your story! Simply Magical!

DisneySam

I have a couple of random good stories.

1.) On my 1st trip we were in a shop (near Pecos can't remember name) and the CM working there had on this Eeyore ears headband and was talking to us [browsing] just like Eeyore. The immitation was dead on, and made us smile.

2.) On the same trip at MGM my friend had an AMEX gift card (before they were readily popular) and a CM in one of the stores would not accept it. She and I went to GS and asked what the deal was and the CM that was working was very apologetic and cashed it in for us.

3.) [My Favorite, I may have posted before] My Dad (on his first trip in 2003) was waiting for my mom and I outside the bathrooms near the TeaCups and when we came out we found he, Tweedle Dee, and Tweedle Dum joking around. It was just so cute. I still laugh about it, I wish I had a picture.
I haven't had too many bad experiences, probably because I am always so extactic there.

daringstoic

MickeyKimmy said:
I'd hate to make you speak of "the evil one we don't speak of", but the curiosity is killing me - who is she and what did she do? I did a search but couldn't find any other threads about "the evil one".

Forget the question - found the answer!

Where did you find the answer? I searched too, but I couldn't find it. Having stayed at PO, I'm dying to know if we ran across "the evil one".

Mystic

I've had a number of great experiences with CMs.

1. We'd had a really late seating at Whispering Canyon. It was a cold rainy day so everyone pretty much stayed at their resorts making the restaurants really busy and we could only get a 9:30 seating for dinner that night. There was my mom and I and another couple in one section of the restaurant (near the fireplace). We were the only ones in that section so we had our waiter to ourselves between the four of us. He was awesome! I can't remember his name unfortunately but while we were finishing our dinners he sat down with us, there was a small table for 2 between my mom and I and the other couple, and he started doing his nightly chores of filling the sugar etc all the while chatting away with us, finding out where we were from etc and just putting a nice end on a really wet day. He even went so far as to get us free deserts because it was so late and the kitchen was basically closed by this point but they still had some deserts left over so he got them for us and never charged us for them.

2. Security guard outside the gates to MK. This was back in 03 when the security was still quite a ways out front and you couldn't get near the train station until park opening. He spent the time talking with the guests that were around him, telling funny stories and jokes. He really made the wait seem like no time had passed at all.

3. CM in Exposition Hall on Main Street. My mom had dropped our last rolls of film off in the early afternoon so that we'd have them by the time we left the park that night while I spent some time with my friend who'd I'd met for the very first time after chatting with her for over a year on the internet. When we went to pick up the photos on our way back to the Lodge for dinner, they weren't there and they couldn't seem to find them anyway. This CM did everything in her power to make sure she located the photos and got them back to the Magic Kingdom by the time we had returned from dinner. She made sure that our vacation memories weren't lost.

Vernonpush

Thunder Kz said:
I'd be interested to know who that PO CM was. Did she have a Middle Eastern accent? I'd be stunned if it were "the evil one we do not speak of" and maybe I'd change my position about her.
She was there when I went to guest services to check up on the progress that the first CM had made regarding the Dream Reward problem that hcswingfield was talking about. She was no help at all. :brick:

Thunder Kz

Original Poster
Vernonpush said:
She was there when I went to guest services to check up on the progress that the first CM had made regarding the Dream Reward problem that hcswingfield was talking about. She was no help at all. :brick:

Ahh, "the evil one we do not speak of." I'm sorry you had to deal with her as well. What disappoints me most is that she had a pin on her nametag indicating she's been around awhile.

APOLOGIES: She is so evil that I did not list her in the title of my original post. My original post was called something like "reporting good and bad CMs." I apologize to those I caused a wild goose chase. Cheers to anyone who is skilled enough to post that thread here as a favor!!

The great thing is that she led to this thread of the outstanding CMs out there!

Thunder Kz

Original Poster
jcat2312 said:
This thread is awesome! I we run into some of the great CM's on our upcoming trip!

I hope you have a great time! Are you staying at PO?? If so, take the boat ride to DTD, maybe Captain Joe will have you swab the deck!

Also, after encountering...TEOWDNSO (my new abbrv for "the evil one..."), I was at the PO gift shop. It was my birthday, and I'm low-key about such things, but my GF told the cashier CM it was a "special day" for me. This guy was probably 70 years old. He says, "Hold on--I have someone who wants to talk to you." The manager was standing there talking to someone else and she looked over, smiling, but a little nervous a 28 year old guy with his GF might think this was silly. So, he hands me the phone, and dials a number, the phone picks up and Goofy starts singing happy birthday and wishes me a magical day.
I laughed and was thankful he went the extra mile to make it a special day for me.
I joke about TEOWDNSO but I think she is truly an exception of the CMs out there. I just wish she wasn't in the front-lines, so to speak.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Why is this "evil one" still working at Disney?! I would suspect guests have complained (I know I would have if I had a run in with her). I just believe in Exceptional Customer Service no matter what company it is....Disney especially. Most familes/people save a very long time to afford a Magical Vacation at WDW...why should they have to encounter people like this "evil one". If she can't help create magical moments for guests....she should find another place to work (preferably somewhere in the middle of the Mars) away from good people like us.

I've ranted long enough! Now..back to the MAGIC!

magicmom

We had the great fortune of getting stranded at the Wilderness Lodge last September for Hurricane Jeanne. The airport had closed the day before and we were to leave that morning. No flights for 2 days! I was traveling with a 4 year old and twin 6 month olds at the time. I only had enough formula for the twins to last 1 day not 2.

The concierge at WL were excellent. They made sure we did not have to give up our room for the extra 2 night we had to add and he offered to drive my father to Goodings since we did not have a car. The concierge and my father went to get the WL official car and it was already in use. Two other guests were asking where Goodings was and since my father already knew (from the 100 + times he has been to WDW) he told them if they drove he would give directions. Needless to say they were happy to have a personal guide and my father got the last 2 cans for formula off Goodings shelf!

All the CM's at the WL were great during the hurricane. They were getting blamed for the airport closing, yelled at for the parks not being open during a "rain storm". People actually had the nerve to complain that they were not making the parks available because of a "little rain". I have been through hurricane David and let me tell you, if you haven't been through a hurricane you cannot imagine that damage.

The CM's really kept their cool and the kids busy. They had had a lot of experience because the 3 weekends before that they were hit by hurricanes too. They kept everyone entertained with singing, coloring, games, more games so that at least if you had to be stranded at a hotel at least you didn't mind being there!

Great work to everyone at the WL especially during those trying times.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I was in Orlando on a business trip, and of course had to visit the World. I have talked with some CM's on this site, so being solo, tried to track some of them down to say hi. I stopped in city hall to see if Jeff was there. There were a few people ahead of me so I stayed back against the wall (put my glasses on) and checked nametags.

It was interesting to watch the interactions, from handling of some irate guests, to those with questions or requests.

An interaction caught my eye between a CM, a little boy who's birthday it was, and I believe the boy's father. Well, the CM, a tall guy, immediately stooped down to the boys level and engaged him in a lengthy conversation about his day. He was really able to get the boy to open up, and it was as if he had all the time for the boy. He did get up and asked the father to wait for a second. As soon as he came back to the boy, a phone rang, he answered it and handing it to the boy, said it was for him. I wasn't privy to that conversation, but from the wide eyes and awed expression, it was obvious that one of the characters had called to wish him a happy birthday. It was hard for me not to well up a little when I caught the fathers expression, and you know the boy (I guess 4 or 5) will remember this forever.

And yes, this was Jeff. Said hi to him after, and managed to get his hometown wrong in the exchange. Even with Disney training, you can't teach that and you surely can't reward it enough. Also while I was standing there eavesdropping like an idiot, a least three other Guest Relations CM's asked if they could help me. A couple caught on what I was watching and watched the exchange themselves as well as got together to wish him well as a group.

To quote Goofy...."garsh!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom