CM Ride Assignment ?'s

wdwrocks1971

Original Poster
I was offered a part time job in attractions operations but I don't start until August and I'm nervously awaiting my assignment. Any ride at any park will be great, but I was wondering,
If I brought up that I have past acting experience and am comfortable with memorizing lines and talking in front of people, would that make a difference, or would they take it the wrong way and I should just say nothing?

Californian Elitist

All attractions/rides are spieling. When you welcome the guest on or off the ride, that's spieling. It doesn't matter which ride it is.

I did the Disneyland CP for attractions, but I'm sure the same rules apply. The only thing that you tell them that matters, really, is that you're not afraid to speak in public. They put you where they want to put you.

DisneySaint

In my experience saying you were good at something, etc. had no bearance on where you ended up. I always recommend, however, to mention special interests in the interview - it doesn't hurt to say it.

RWilliams

Premium Member
All attractions/rides are spieling. When you welcome the guest on or off the ride, that's spieling. It doesn't matter which ride it is.

I did the Disneyland CP for attractions, but I'm sure the same rules apply. The only thing that you tell them that matters, really, is that you're not afraid to speak in public. They put you where they want to put you.

That's not how things are categorized at WDW, at least not when I was interviewed and hired. WDW casting considers attractions like GMR, jungle cruise and safari as speiling attractions. Basically any attraction that you would need to learn a script for, not every attraction.

Californian Elitist

That's not how things are categorized at WDW, at least not when I was interviewed and hired. WDW casting considers attractions like GMR, jungle cruise and safari as speiling attractions. Basically any attraction that you would need to learn a script for, not every attraction.

Think about it. When you welcome the guests based on the ride you're working, that's spieling. When the ride breaks down, they want you to thematically spiel to the guests.

Yes, there are spieling rides, like Jungle Cruise and Storybook, where you have to memorize a script. But you will spiel, even if you don't get assigned to a "script attraction." That's my point.

RWilliams

Premium Member
Think about it. When you welcome the guests based on the ride you're working, that's spieling. When the ride breaks down, they want you to thematically spiel to the guests.

Yes, there are spieling rides, like Jungle Cruise and Storybook, where you have to memorize a script. But you will spiel, even if you don't get assigned to a "script attraction." That's my point.

WE can think about it anyway we like, I'm just simply stating the way that casting in Orlando classifies attractions. They will not refer to a ride like Toy Story Mania as a spieling attraction but they will consider the Great Movie Ride as one. If someone were to speak to casting at WDW and be told they're going to be placed in a spieling attraction they're not going to end up being placed at Space Mountain or Its a Small World, etc.

Californian Elitist

WE can think about it anyway we like, I'm just simply stating the way that casting in Orlando classifies attractions. They will not refer to a ride like Toy Story Mania as a spieling attraction but they will consider the Great Movie Ride as one. If someone were to speak to casting at WDW and be told they're going to be placed in a spieling attraction they're not going to end up being placed at Space Mountain or Its a Small World, etc.

I wasn't trying talking about ways Orlando and Anaheim classify attractions, all I was saying was even if the OP didn't get a spieling attraction, don't sweat it because they can still come up with creative spiels to say to the guests, without a script. That's all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom