CM pranks?

wbt06

i have had many cm's play tricks on me and my family. i usualy go with my uncles and they like to interact with the cm's alot. i guess the cm's then target us out and always play a trick on us. the one i remember most is when we where the last people to ride splash before the cristmas party started. we where standing waiting to get on the log and talking to the cm on the loading side of the dock. when the log pulls up the gates open and before we can move forward they close. this happened 3 times and then i finally turn to the cm and say when are you going to let us on in a joking way. she keeps a straight face and then it happens again after about 5 times we realize that the cm on the other side is laughing her butt off. so we finally ralized she was the one doing it. it was really funny and the 2 cm's let us ride twice in a row.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
i have had many cm's play tricks on me and my family. i usualy go with my uncles and they like to interact with the cm's alot. i guess the cm's then target us out and always play a trick on us. the one i remember most is when we where the last people to ride splash before the cristmas party started. we where standing waiting to get on the log and talking to the cm on the loading side of the dock. when the log pulls up the gates open and before we can move forward they close. this happened 3 times and then i finally turn to the cm and say when are you going to let us on in a joking way. she keeps a straight face and then it happens again after about 5 times we realize that the cm on the other side is laughing her butt off. so we finally ralized she was the one doing it. it was really funny and the 2 cm's let us ride twice in a row.

haha cool!

Nansafan

This is not actually a CM prank, more like a guest prank on a CM. The CM's at the HM and ToT are some of the best for staying in character. It was the first year for Pal Mickey and we had to have one. Pal Mickey was so new, apparently many CM's had not seen guests with them yet. Our kids, 16 yr old son, 15 and 13 yr old nieces were taking turns carrying him around. My son had him as we were entering the HM. After the stretching room, while walking with the crowd to the Doom Buggies, a CM says to my son, "Hey, is that My Pal Mickey?" my son answers, "No, it's mine!" The CM dropped out of character, looked confused and said, "that's not what I meant." We all cracked up. My son knew what he meant but his smart aleck remark did something he had wanted to do in 10 visits to WDW which was see if he could get a HM CM to drop out of character. Son is now 20 and we still talk about the day that Bob had Pal Mickey at the HM etc. My son's dream is to be a CM at the HM.

PS, my 1,300th post.

colliera

Parking trick

Years ago there was a news report about a CM prank in the Epcot parking lot. They directed all the "little red cars" to the same section in the lot that day. Imagine the confusion at the end of the day with people trying to find their car!

The Disney suits didn't see the humor and had to do a lot of PR control.

Simba One

One day at MK we were ponchoed up during a typical afternoon rainstorm. We approached the entrance to Small World and there was a CM standing in front of it waving people off and shouting, "This is a water ride, you will get wet! Peter Pan is a much better ride...please proceed directly to Peter Pan! Repeating, you will get wet on this ride!"

We still laugh to this day about Peter Pan being "a much better ride". :lol:

DisneyBeth

the CMs at TOT are always up to something....

one time, the CM at the elevator door loading us, after we were all seated and set to go, he turned his head toward the operator and said, "wait a minute, there seems to be a problem"....
and then he started working with the door as if he was using all of his power and as the door closed anyway, he kept saying wait and just before it closed completely, he said in a kind of oh oh sort of voice, "good luck....."...

we laughed so hard as the elevator started up (but that was about our 80th ride on TOT, i'm not sure a newbie would have thought it was funny)...

another time, after we were all seated, the CM stood at the door and said the usual stuff, stay seated or whatever....and then he said, "but whatever you do don't....." and as he said it the door closed in his face...

another good one and we laughed hard....

there have been a lot of those....

PaisleyMF

What were the wrist bands for?

2 reasons:
Reason 1 is to identify the guest at Extra Magic Hours (Guest staying at selected resorts that can stay up to 3 hours at night at selected parks / selected days)

Reason 2 for hard tickets like Night of Joy or Halloween, they identify the guest with hard tickets with bands (sometimes it also have free access to strollers or wheelchairs for this events.)

They are never the same color.

Testtrack321

At the JC...

"Everyone, the wait time is actually 50 minutes, it's just missing that 0. The que is totally filled with people that are wearing invisibility cloaks!" Then he went on a rant about saving yourself from the massive on slaut of people in the que....

ah good times

reptar77

I love the bag check: At the MK, security was going through our back pack when they found my very large sunglass case. In the loudest voice, he said OH there they are I have been checking bags for weeks and YYYOOOUUU are the person who was hiding my glasses. He went on about this for a min and then told us to go home. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:We did get a great laugh. It is not often security are funny people.

cpeterstx

My wife and I were at Animal Kingdom and were about to go on the safari "ride" for the first time. We were walking past a CM who was manning the area and I said "hello" to her. She said 'Hi' back and then asked us where our rain slickers were. We both looked at each other and back to her and said, "why would we need them...there's not a cloud in the sky". She said with a straight face, "oh, so you don't know about this ride. You're going to get completely soaked."

My wife and I looked at each other and we said well forget that and started to leave. She started to laugh and said she was just kidding and to have a great day.

We both laughed and continued on...

BiggerTigger

A friend of mine was a butler at the HM. When they had a small group of people to load and one would try to hop into one of the doom buggies he would stop them and tell them they almost sat on one of the ghosts. The guest would be so appologetic about it, I'm sorry, I didn't mean too. He said it made it even harder to keep that mournful face when you wanted to laugh at a guest about sitting on a "ghost". :lol:

DisneyChik17

Last summer we were at HM and the ghost host saw there was only me and my wife and another couple in the lobby it was almost closing time and she and fellow CM's were joking around a little out of character and said with a cheerful laugh " oh get in the elevator" we all laughed it was fun and nice to see the break in tradition and the nearly private ride was awesome.

Something like that happened to me too!

I got into the loading area with a huge smile on my face (I LOVE that ride). The Butler was starring at me the entire time. It seemed like the second we left the stretching room. He had his eyes LOCKED on me. I was just laughing and smiling all the while. So, I had my hand on the low wall and as I passed him he slammed his hand down right by mine. I let out a little yelp and just loved that he was so into his job. Then, I got in my Doombuggie and I was behind my mom and in front of my dad (all riding solo). He stood on the little disk on my moms buggie until she went in the hall and he jsut walked past mine, or so I thought. He was standing on the back of it and just as I went into the hall he grabbed onto it and said "Goodbye!". I screamed so LOUD. It was great. Then, after we got off he was on his break and was getting a drink. We walked toward him and I was about to say "That's the guy that scared me," when he said "Just relax. It's ok now." He was a great CM. I wish I could have gotten his name to tell on what a great job he did.

Eyekimore

I have two- they're both pretty funny..........

1- At a security checkpoint to enter MK, the female security guard said to the family in front of me, "I'll need to check this fan of yours". She proceeded to open the top and look inside. She said, "Looks like water to me- I just need to make sure it works". The first one didn't work and she gave it back. Then she took the next water/fan sprayer and checked it. She then proceeded to remove her hat and spray herself to get relief from the 100+ degree heat. Everyone got a kick out of it as they usually have no sense of humor. It was funny in a might've had to be there manner.

2- At the AK there were some performers with a float that used to be in the parade. It is an 8+ foot spider. It's head is up high thus people tend to look up when passing by - instead of at the cast members dressed in complete black beneath it (they push it). On this particular day- they were scaring guests. As someone passed by looking up- they'd jump out and scare them. They were completely silent as they jumped out scaring the living daylights out of people. We saw the first person get scared and decided to stick around off to the side to enjoy the show. Picture a family with their stroller passing by- mom is pushing stroller as she looks up. The guys jumped out- scared her so much that she screamed and let go of the stroller. Stay with me- this was on a slight incline- so baby in stroller keeps rolling down the pathway as the father starts running to catch the stroller. We were in hysterics. The cast members were doubled over in laughter. They were trying to keep their laughter in. :ROFLOL:

bassman

one ive had on ToT.

the CM was being really freaky,not talking just looking cross eyed at the back wall of the elevator and only using gestures to direct the right rows on board.
once we were all seated he just stood there and very moarnfully said "check your belts"
he then slammed the little door on the elevator,scaring many of us.
but by far the best bit was as the doors shut,he ran to the gap as it closed and yelled "wait! the elevator......" and that was it the door shut.
it was great.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
one ive had on ToT.

the CM was being really freaky,not talking just looking cross eyed at the back wall of the elevator and only using gestures to direct the right rows on board.
once we were all seated he just stood there and very moarnfully said "check your belts"
he then slammed the little door on the elevator,scaring many of us.
but by far the best bit was as the doors shut,he ran to the gap as it closed and yelled "wait! the elevator......" and that was it the door shut.
it was great.

that scary! they dint even check the belts!

BrittanyRose428

A friend of mine was a butler at the HM. When they had a small group of people to load and one would try to hop into one of the doom buggies he would stop them and tell them they almost sat on one of the ghosts. The guest would be so appologetic about it, I'm sorry, I didn't mean too. He said it made it even harder to keep that mournful face when you wanted to laugh at a guest about sitting on a "ghost". :lol:
hahah thats funny and your avatar picture is adorable!

WEDisney

Last February DS and I were at the P&PP. After about an hour and a half, we were approaching POTC and the CM at the entrance loudly announced "As of 9PM, orange wristbands only!" :eek:

We were wearing the silver wristbands we'd been given... DS was almost apoplectic! :lol:

The CM very quickly waved us through! :D

That was a good one :)

We had some CMs play a few jokes on us. A CM at the Poly said they didn't have our reservation and our hearts sank. She was joking and I told her that I almost cried LOL.

Again at the Poly I had a lifeguard tell me that the pool was closed due to contamination. When I said "Oh man" and starting walking away he said "Hey aren't you going to go for a swim? I meant MY pool was closed due to contamination."

I tend to play jokes on unsuspecting CMs. Many times when asked "How Many?" I reply two and half or two and three quarters. after a puzzled look I usually get a good laugh.

Another one we do is trying to look utterly confused and ask a CM on the tram to the MK if this is the monorail to EPCOT. They always look so scared to tell us that we aren't even close.

A third one is asking a CM (Only when it isn't busy) at one of the counter service areas what they recommend and when they are finished order something not on the menu. If they are in training they will look like they are about to cry.

These are all done in good fun and I only do it to the CMs that look like they can take a joke.

Maria

When I worked at The House of Magic on Main Street, I used to hold the fake cockroaches in my hand and hand them to unsuspecting guests. They're so trusting when you're wearing your costume! ("Costume" being Disney-speak for "uniform" - I was not a character in the more literal sense.) One lady threw the fake roach up on top to the masks shelf behind me! It was a lot of work to get a ladder to retrieve a 25 cent rubber cockroach, so that prank came to an end.

If you had done that to me, I would have probably fainted! I have a serious phobia for roaches. I can´t even see them on the tv commercials or anywhere because I freeze and panic. Your prank would have ruined my day for sure! :mad: :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom