CM Break Rooms

jsdratm

Original Poster
This is a question for the CMs. What are the break areas for CMs like at WDW? Do these break rooms and other CM-only areas stay consistent with the ride themes and park or is it like stepping back into the real world with typical bland office furniture and decor?

I heard that the break room at ToT is between the elevator shafts. Are there other break rooms in interesting places?

wedway71

Thats a great question.

I have seen some pics of Break rooms on You Tube especially from some CP pics from Epcot breakrooms.

From what I have seen they are pretty clean and neat but standard breakrooms with Microwaves and soda machines with lots of Bulletins on boards with information like benefits,schedules,etc.

I have never seen one in person-YET.

Jerm

Really not that intresting. Most are just small rooms with a soda machine and a vending machine, maybe a few have something fun but nothing that great.

Bug715

Yea they're really not that great. The awesome thing about my main street break room was that during Halloween Parties you could hear the Headless Horseman above you. But other than that kind of boring.

kc1296426

I was totally blown away when I saw Test Track's break room and backstage, I got evac'd once when we were going through the "mountain" after the temperature rooms and before the Semi-truck. As I stepped off the vehicle it felt a little weird to just..walk on TT's track instead of being on the car being thrown around. So we opened a door that was in the middle of the scenery trees and wow, it was just so...weird! I had no idea how big the place was outside of the actual attraction, and how...'normal' it is.

Thelazer

TOT is the best one.. nicely themed.

You'd be suprised at how poor alot of them are, shabby, worn and dirty.
Granted, not all are that bad.. but, some of them.. yea, it's not good.

IcicleM

Entertainment Break Rooms are usually very nice. There are some terrible ones though like at 1900 Park Fare and Rafiki's Planet Watch and Agrabah.

But for Pirates (Smee, Hook, Peter, Wendy) it's really big with a TV and DVD player and computer and couches to lay on. That's because the Managers of there take care of their cast members ;) But it's probably the best one I've ever been to.

The Epcot Character Spot break room is huge, but there's no where to lay down, and there's no fridge, you have to go down to the tunnel underneath Epcot and go to the regular cast member break room for vending machines and a TV. Those look like small cafeterias.

Then there's The Land where the break room is dark but cozy. There's a TV and computer and little cubbys for us to put our stuff and there are huge couch-beds that we can lay on. I loved that one, too, because of the people there.

Crystal Palace and Mad Tea Party breakrooms are dark and cozy, too, with
lots of chairs and a TV.

Chef Mickey's has a ton of chairs and a nice cozy little corner that I liked to crawl up and nap in. We have a TV and fridge and sometimes (if we're lucky) the Chef's feed us.

Liberty Tree is fairly large and they have a TV/DVD player and lots of chairs and the bathrooms for all employees there are upstairs. Next to us is the Rafiki Timon breakroom and the Jack Sparrow break room. Connected to our room is the Equity breakroom (the brass players) and their rooms are usually very big and they've got lots of amenities.

Stitch/Buzz break room is kind of small because Buzz needs so much room @_@ but there's a TV in there and sometimes they play Guitar Hero and there's a couch and a little table to eat lunch, at.

And like someone else stated, there is always a bulletin board with all of the information we need to know; Restaurant rotation, restaurant hours, set schedules, which managers and captains you're working with today, and even upcoming auditions for new characters.

Our days, on some occasions, consist of sometimes 7-9 sets in certain places. Other places (like Chef Mickey's) only have 4 sets. But usually, we have everything we need right there. The tiny rooms, though, are really ridiculous for not only the amount of characters they have, but the size of those characters. @_@

joanna71985

Entertainment Break Rooms are usually very nice. There are some terrible ones though like at 1900 Park Fare and Rafiki's Planet Watch and Agrabah. I totally agree

But for Pirates (Smee, Hook, Peter, Wendy) it's really big with a TV and DVD player and computer and couches to lay on. That's because the Managers of there take care of their cast members ;) But it's probably the best one I've ever been to. It sure is! I love it.

The Epcot Character Spot break room is huge, but there's no where to lay down, and there's no fridge, you have to go down to the tunnel underneath Epcot and go to the regular cast member break room for vending machines and a TV. Those look like small cafeterias.

Then there's The Land where the break room is dark but cozy. There's a TV and computer and little cubbys for us to put our stuff and there are huge couch-beds that we can lay on. I loved that one, too, because of the people there.

Crystal Palace and Mad Tea Party breakrooms are dark and cozy, too, with
lots of chairs and a TV. Agree

Chef Mickey's has a ton of chairs and a nice cozy little corner that I liked to crawl up and nap in. We have a TV and fridge and sometimes (if we're lucky) the Chef's feed us.

Liberty Tree is fairly large and they have a TV/DVD player and lots of chairs and the bathrooms for all employees there are upstairs. Next to us is the Rafiki Timon breakroom and the Jack Sparrow break room. Connected to our room is the Equity breakroom (the brass players) and their rooms are usually very big and they've got lots of amenities. I love those 3. I have spent a lot of time in those.

Stitch/Buzz break room is kind of small because Buzz needs so much room @_@ but there's a TV in there and sometimes they play Guitar Hero and there's a couch and a little table to eat lunch, at. It is small. But it's better then the old one.

Our days, on some occasions, consist of sometimes 7-9 sets in certain places. Other places (like Chef Mickey's) only have 4 sets. But usually, we have everything we need right there. The tiny rooms, though, are really ridiculous for not only the amount of characters they have, but the size of those characters. @_@

I agree with you.

kcw

Entertainment Break Rooms are usually very nice. There are some terrible ones though like at 1900 Park Fare and Rafiki's Planet Watch and Agrabah.

oh dear on RPW.... especially with stanley in there too! But you forgot the Visa room- the old storage closet that was made into a break room....!

ya but it's super nice, and better than when it was just the small room in the tunnel

Liberty Tree ...... Next to us is ...the Jack Sparrow break room.

the best part of working LT :animwink:!!! oh and when they feed you...

ha it won't let me post unless I write something outside of the quote....

IcicleM

Oh my GOSH I hated the Visa break room. @_@ I sat in the corner (across from the bins) and wrote love notes to my boyfriend. It was EASY PEASY but boring and tiny, hahaha.

Oh RPW. I miss Jenny. If you get back there, tell her Brady misses her!

Piebald

Backlot Tour has the worst breakroom EVER. If you're over 5'5 it is uncomfortable and you feel like you're inside a run-down mobile home or something. It's pretty crappy. Other than that, most breakrooms are pretty much just standard breakrooms.

Of course....Entertainment has nicer ones...:rolleyes:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
the Main St. breakroom is not too bad, has a little convenience store inside (literally!) plus some arcade games (though they never seem to be used) and a big screen TV.

Captain Hank

I've seen my fair share of breakrooms. Main Street is by far the best I've been in. My jaw literally dropped when I walked in and saw the big screen TV and video games. The Expedition: Everest breakroom is really small and narrow, but has some cool masks and things from Nepal. Most of the rest I've been in were pretty generic. The ones in Epcot are generally large, but pretty bland.

imagine_82

on the whole, they are not very magical, but most of the time they are made unique by the people who work there & love to be there...filled with inside jokes and gags. also with napping CMs.

BSikor

The downstairs Land breakroom was pretty nice. Nothing to write home about but it was pretty big. There is a TV and vending machines. Now the upstairs breakroom which is located behind the agriculture table to the right of the Garden Grill, that one is a closet. There is a door in the corner that leads to a very small room covered with chairs. I remember their being a couch and a big desk. It was hard to get around in. One day the power went out property wide and we were stuck in the room. We didn't attempt to leave the room because we would probably trip and die with all the crap in the room. Luckily someone opened the door a few minutes later and let some light in. We promptly got up and helped to evac the building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom