Club runDisney is a new membership program offering benefits at runDisney events

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Any of you running this weekend, if there's an info booth or handout at the Expo, please post what you find out. I'm not arriving until Friday, so my time at the Expo will be short.

ThatMouse

As someone who is not interested in running, it IS interesting to read the comments, and I'm surprised to see these races can be $100 to $400 and to top it off there's a 6.6% "platform service fee" - really follows a recent (last 10 years) trend in Disney marketing. Believe it or not Disney used to show resort prices with taxes and fees included. So on top of registering you can pay even more money for a jacket (in Florida??), but looks like you're still on your own trying to find a room on a busy weekend.

surfsupdon

Seems like the audience is twofold:

-The person who is irresponsible and wants to run only the 10K. They miss registration bc this distance always sells out first.

-The person who is not a fast runner, or did no training, and wants to do character stops and photo opportunities but not get swept.

I cannot imagine an elite athlete, or even a majority of runners, finding this club even remotely interesting.

What would be cool?? Race registrations, runner retreats, pasta parties, tented warm up areas, exclusive afterparties. Quality items.

deeevo

-The person who is irresponsible and wants to run only the 10K. They miss registration bc this distance always sells out first.

-The person who is not a fast runner, or did no training, and wants to do character stops and photo opportunities but not get swept.

I cannot imagine an elite athlete, or even a majority of runners, finding this club even remotely interesting.

What would be cool?? Race registrations, runner retreats, pasta parties, tented warm up areas, exclusive afterparties. Quality items.

-The person who is not a fast runner, or did no training, and wants to do character stops and photo opportunities but not get swept. 90% of the Princess runners and 50% of F&W

RunningKoen

Kinda speechless. There's so much ' wrong' with this.

I had a hard time justifying the enormous cost of a bib. Justifying a race where people can spend triple the cost of a bib for a better corral is not possible.

At least their special bibs makes it easier to spot the people who fell for this insane thing.

deeevo

Kinda speechless. There's so much ' wrong' with this.

I had a hard time justifying the enormous cost of a bib. Justifying a race where people can spend triple the cost of a bib for a better corral is not possible.

At least their special bibs makes it easier to spot the people who fell for this insane thing.
This is motivation for me to run past them yelling " Race ya to the meet and greets!" or " How is paying for moving up a corral spot working out". Wife and I usually do two rD halfs a year and this year we are just doing a 10K. With the room rates hiked up for the races and now this I think we will find some races around Florida to do. Space Coast half and full are very nice.

Figment82

This is motivation for me to run past them yelling " Race ya to the meet and greets!" or " How is paying for moving up a corral spot working out". Wife and I usually do two rD halfs a year and this year we are just doing a 10K. With the room rates hiked up for the races and now this I think we will find some races around Florida to do. Space Coast half and full are very nice.
I LOVE the Space Coast half! I’ve run it the past 6 years - we’ve made it a post-Thanksgiving tradition.

I highly recommend the Celebration half/full if you haven’t run it yet. It’s coming up in a couple weeks. The swag and after-party are fantastic!

deeevo

I LOVE the Space Coast half! I’ve run it the past 6 years - we’ve made it a post-Thanksgiving tradition.

I highly recommend the Celebration half/full if you haven’t run it yet. It’s coming up in a couple weeks. The swag and after-party are fantastic!
I have not but I will definitely look into it. I have run Gasparilla the last 4 years but this year I am doing Princess with my wife. I have tried to PR at Gasparilla but it is always so stinking hot. Thanks for the tip.

docandsix

Sadly it shows that runDisney is a money grabbing entity, and like all divisions of the company, will do anything to increase short term revenues.

Only Disney can turn running - something that should be a low cost way for people to get fit and healthy, into something costing $1000's a year.

"We are so committed to health that we are evicting McDonald's french fries from our parks. Now, please get fit and pay us $300 to run a race. Also, the 1,500-calorie caramel apples are $12. You're welcome."

DABIGCHEEZ

I have no skin in this run disney thing, but just wanted to be the first to say what gets said in all the other threads involving a money grab.... Disney is a company and needs to make money. Seriously though... folks pay that much to run around?

DomVF07

I just looked at the FAQs for this - upgraded corral placement is only for the platinum level, and nearly USD 800 is a pretty high pricetag for that “benefit”. Plus, it doesn’t sound like you will skip over multiple corrals, as it says you keep the corral placement of your POT if it is higher than the upgraded. So maybe it is really just spending USD 800 to not be in the very last corral...
That’s exactly how I read it as well. While I don’t agree with it or the concept it appears the upgraded corral will be an expanded corral “F” and not impede nor elevate past or into any corral requiring a POT. A buddy in one of my Facebook groups put it like this: think of it like the airline boarding model.
Corrals A-E = POT corrals
Corral F = Club run Disney
Corrals G-H = everyone else

Kinda like how Delta’s zone 1 is really like group 5?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

You mean what runDisney USED to provide, other than the after-party for W&D?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom