Club runDisney is a new membership program offering benefits at runDisney events

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Great, rD gets more of my $...

Guaranteed registration for Half/Full is nice, but I've never not been able to register.

Upgraded corral placement will off runners who work hard to get good PoT for front corrals placement. There will be LOTS of chatter at Marathon weekend about this.

If the exclusive membership included race retreats at both Marathon & Princess weekends, it would be worth it.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Sadly it shows that runDisney is a money grabbing entity, and like all divisions of the company, will do anything to increase short term revenues.

Only Disney can turn running - something that should be a low cost way for people to get fit and healthy, into something costing $1000's a year.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Chapek - “We need more profits, what else can we charge for and/or monetize?”

Boot-licking toadie - “What about a runDisney membership?”

:rolleyes:

Appreciate the info, as always. 😀

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I just looked at the FAQs for this - upgraded corral placement is only for the platinum level, and nearly USD 800 is a pretty high pricetag for that “benefit”. Plus, it doesn’t sound like you will skip over multiple corrals, as it says you keep the corral placement of your POT if it is higher than the upgraded. So maybe it is really just spending USD 800 to not be in the very last corral...

NormC

One and done for me. They screwed up my Kessel Run last year. I finally got my medal but had to climb up the food chain to do so. Waiting nearly two hours in any corral is ridiculous and they are already over priced. I may do some virtuals if I like the medal but let's be honest, you are really just buying the medal. There is no proof required that you ran.

deeevo

runDisney is getting slaughtered in twitter over this, and rightly so.

The races are already priced sky high, and the idea of buying coral placements just makes a mockery of any kind of running. Hopefully people will speak with their wallets.
I have run 3 races and I am running the Princess 10K with my wife and I noticed the prices of rooms on property have been inflated to ridiculous levels even for Disney's standards and now this. Crazy

LAKid53

Premium Member
runDisney is getting slaughtered in twitter over this, and rightly so.

The races are already priced sky high, and the idea of buying coral placements just makes a mockery of any kind of running. Hopefully people will speak with their wallets.

Races don't sell out as quickly as they used to. And registration has reopened for some.

Yeah, people aren't pleased. Imagine you're Perfect Marathon/Dopey.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So no more early registration for Passholders?! 🤨

I didn't see that. I just assumed the rD Club members will either early register with us APs/DVC or their window opens a day or two earlier than ours.

But if rD kills the AP/DVC early registration, I'd hate to be a volunteer at the Expo next month....

Schema

I'm going to have to see more with regards to what "Tier 1 Pricing Year-Round" means before I would even consider the Silver membership. For the Platinum membership, at the very minimum, that should also include some type of pre and post-race retreat for all weekends. Basically, the equivalent of what they now refer to as Runners Square. However, for that price, it should be included and available at each event for any race distance of 10K and above.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom