News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

wdwgreek

As a passholder, I agree completely. However, as a family member of a DVC member, I know their investment is much more expensive than mine. So there is some justification.
There is so much empty space that could be turned into lounges for AP and SVC. I'm both and I love the epcot one but would love one in each park.

P_Radden

That the plot for the Indy expansion!
No no they can put an Indiana Jones attraction in the larger space down below Pirates:
ADL Expansion Pads.jpg

TP2000

Im guessing Disney has found that in Orlando while Lifestylers and Bloggers are plentiful.

Lifestylers and Bloggers WITH MONEY are not.

Orlando is NOT The LA basin which as a metro area has many incredibly weathly communities and by extension wealthy disney fans.

The LA Metro area has an economy with a 1.1 Trillion dollar annual GDP. If Los Angeles became it's own country, it's GDP would make it the 15th largest economy among all other nations. It's a massive metro area with a very affluent and sophisticated citizenry, so of course Disneyland and Club 33 are going to be cultural icons here. And that's not even including San Diego, a big affluent city in its own right 90 minutes south of Disneyland.

But what happened to Club 33 at Walt Disney World???

It's now Thanksgiving, seven months after the big announcement that Club 33 was coming "this fall", and nothing has happened. Not a peep from the Celebration cubicle farms full of Social Media hogs. No sign-ups, no interest list, no pre-opening photos or hype or anything. No sign of construction or refurbishment of even one Club 33 lounge in Magic Kingdom, let alone the other three parks.

Unless some big announcement happens in the first two weeks of December (highly unlikely), it appears that Club 33 for WDW was been put on hold until 2018 or later, if not cancelled outright. That's kind of weird after the big formal announcement last April.

peter11435

The LA Metro area has an economy with a 1.1 Trillion dollar annual GDP. If Los Angeles became it's own country, it's GDP would make it the 15th largest economy among all other nations. It's a massive metro area with a very affluent and sophisticated citizenry, so of course Disneyland and Club 33 are going to be cultural icons here. And that's not even including San Diego, a big affluent city in its own right 90 minutes south of Disneyland.

But what happened to Club 33 at Walt Disney World???

It's now Thanksgiving, seven months after the big announcement that Club 33 was coming "this fall", and nothing has happened. Not a peep from the Celebration cubicle farms full of Social Media hogs. No sign-ups, no interest list, no pre-opening photos or hype or anything. No sign of construction or refurbishment of even one Club 33 lounge in Magic Kingdom, let alone the other three parks.

Unless some big announcement happens in the first two weeks of December (highly unlikely), it appears that Club 33 for WDW was been put on hold until 2018 or later, if not cancelled outright. That's kind of weird after the big formal announcement last April.
Construction is well underway at Magic Kingdom, as well as in two of the other three parks.

peter11435

Oh? Where?

Sorry if I'm missing the other thread where this is being discussed, this was the only Club 33 thread I could find.
There's a post in this thread about a large wall adjacent to the skipper canteen in Adventureland. Medium scale demolition and construction is proceeding in that location. As for the other parks I can't get into specifics. But let's just say there's a reason something was missing from the food and wine festival this year.

TP2000

There's a post in this thread about a large wall adjacent to the skipper canteen in Adventureland. Medium scale demolition and construction is proceeding in that location. As for the other parks I can't get into specifics. But let's just say there's a reason something was missing from the food and wine festival this year.

Ah, okay. Interesting. Still, they obviously won't be opening anything "this fall". And they would still need to create a membership, which would take at least six months I'd imagine.

At Disneyland, to become a member you pass a cursory background check to get on the years-long waiting list. Then, when your number is called, you go through a thorough government background check, a thorough credit check, and provide Club 33 with information on your family, your finances, and lifestyle. If you pass those tests, then you are set up with an in-person interview with Club 33 management that weeds out window lickers, weirdos, and tattoo artists.

Once you pass the credit/background checks and don't bungle your interview, you are moved on to the payment phase where you need to come up with the 30K+ initiation dues. Once the check clears, you are in and an appointment is set up for your induction ceremony and first official meal at the Club where you are presented with your membership card and annual contract.

Assuming they need at least a thousand members in WDW to make the business model work, that's a heckuva lot of logistics and administration needs required to get a club up and running. It would take at least six months from formal announcement to opening, if not a year. It will be interesting to see how WDW management does this, if they are in fact doing it. :confused:

peter11435

Ah, okay. Interesting. Still, they obviously won't be opening anything "this fall". And they would still need to create a membership, which would take at least six months I'd imagine.

At Disneyland, to become a member you get on the years-long waiting list. Then, when your number is called, you go through a thorough government background check, a thorough credit check, and provide Club 33 with information on your family and lifestyle. If you pass those tests, then you are set up with an in-person interview with Club 33 management that weeds out window lickers, weirdos, and tattoo artists.

Once you pass the credit/background checks and don't bungle your interview, you are moved on to the payment phase where you need to come up with the 30K+ initiation dues. Once the check clears, you are in and an appointment is set up for your induction ceremony and first official meal at the Club where you are presented with your membership card and annual contract.

Assuming they need at least a thousand members in WDW to make the business model work, that's a heckuva lot of logistics and administration needs required to get a club up and running. It would take at least six months from formal announcement to opening, if not a year. It will be interesting to see how WDW management does this, if they are in fact doing it. :confused:
Yeah they obviously are not opening this year. I'm not 100% sure where exactly the fall date came from to begin with. I don't believe Disney ever made any official announcement about the project.

At this point we really can't be sure what form the membership if any will take. I have no information on this but I would also argue that it is possible ( although unlikely) that a members list could be growing without any of us being aware.

TP2000

Yeah they obviously are not opening this year. I'm not 100% sure where exactly the fall date came from to begin with. I don't believe Disney ever made any official announcement about the project.

At this point we really can't be sure what form the membership if any will take. I have no information on this but I would also argue that it is possible ( although unlikely) that a members list could be growing without any of us being aware.

Sure, but in this Internet Age and with the extreme amount of bloggers focused on WDW, it would be impossible to be creating an interest list of any meaningful number without anyone knowing about it.

GCTales

Sure, but in this Internet Age and with the extreme amount of bloggers focused on WDW, it would be impossible to be creating an interest list of any meaningful number without anyone knowing about it.

The clientele they would be courting enjoys its privacy and would not be the type to blab to bloggers or bloggers.

Part of the process being used could very well include some form of a limited confidentiality / non-disclosure agreement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom