Club 32 Lounge

gonzoWDW

What's posted for the Bald Mountain queue is a rough draft, so I'm happy to change stuff based off suggestions
I believe @orlando678- is also working on the actual ride part of the hydrocoaster!

My ideal fantasyland ride is a dark ride with more action, or a less happy than usual ending. Fantasyland is a little too princess focused right now for my taste. That being said, a Villainsland would bring balance

kmbmw777

In the meantime -- in order to keep some discussion going (even if the discussion doesn't end up in the final project) I have a question for everyone.

If you could design the ultimate Fantasyland attraction (in any Fantasyland, not just ours) -- what would it be? I'm curious -- the answers to this might even help us finish up this project. :bookworm:
I would do a Kingdom Hearts style crossover starting in Mickey's castle and flying guests through the various worlds.

Disney Dad 3000

In the meantime -- in order to keep some discussion going (even if the discussion doesn't end up in the final project) I have a question for everyone.

If you could design the ultimate Fantasyland attraction (in any Fantasyland, not just ours) -- what would it be? I'm curious -- the answers to this might even help us finish up this project. :bookworm:

I think a Pinnochio ride at MK as a boat ride as has been discussed would be great. But to take it even further and give it a POTC Shanghai treatment would be something. Have it go through the restaurant/village, etc. Just picturing the huge monstro scenes ala Shangai would be great.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I would do a Kingdom Hearts style crossover starting in Mickey's castle and flying guests through the various worlds.
I think a Pinnochio ride at MK as a boat ride as has been discussed would be great. But to take it even further and give it a POTC Shanghai treatment would be something. Have it go through the restaurant/village, etc. Just picturing the huge monstro scenes ala Shangai would be great.
I would like to see a well done Alice in Wonderland attraction. Something that's different than anything before it.
All great suggestions!

I'm trying to think how we can squeeze Kingdom Hearts into this -- but I've never played the game so maybe someone else who has more knowledge of it can help?

mickeyfan5534

All great suggestions!

I'm trying to think how we can squeeze Kingdom Hearts into this -- but I've never played the game so maybe someone else who has more knowledge of it can help?
Something like Disney Town would work well
latest

FigmentPigments

My attraction wouldn't be a ride. It would be an interactive experience that draws you into a highly detailed world with a rich mythos, great effect/AA, and highly detailed surroundings. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and Treasure of the Seven Seas barely touches this concept. I would like to step into a world where I have to accomplish objectives that are not just spelled out for me.

Daveeeeed

Ah this one right?

I agree this is a way better concept than what we actually have!

That ride could have been so cool because it takes book report rides to a whole new level... it feels as if it would have taken you into the scenes rather than just see them.

And of course Ursula dying would be epic, and the opening scene is very cool. Also the perspective of seeing the surface from below too.
Oh what it could have been.

michmousefan

Hi all... haven't checked in recently; wondering if you need a write-up for the peoplemover-Casey attraction? If so, let me know and I'll take a run at it. But also, is there an updated list of attractions? Perhaps it will be better to do the peoplemover last so it can take advantage of selective interactions with other attractions...

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hi all... haven't checked in recently; wondering if you need a write-up for the peoplemover-Casey attraction? If so, let me know and I'll take a run at it. But also, is there an updated list of attractions? Perhaps it will be better to do the peoplemover last so it can take advantage of selective interactions with other attractions...
Good idea!

Tonight I can post an updated list of all the attractions -- we shouldn't have too much varied after that (aside from the specific names) but I like your idea of doing the peoplemover last -- and if you want to write it up that would be awesome!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
My attraction wouldn't be a ride. It would be an interactive experience that draws you into a highly detailed world with a rich mythos, great effect/AA, and highly detailed surroundings. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and Treasure of the Seven Seas barely touches this concept. I would like to step into a world where I have to accomplish objectives that are not just spelled out for me.
Could this possibly be in a mountain? :bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Absolutely! :)This concept can be applied to a variety of settings. It's more of an idea that people can be part of a story and interact with their surroundings. It's not something that is over in a couple of minutes, and can be expanded on as much as people want it to.
Nice!

If I didn't get caught up today -- my goal was to redo the Frozen Mountain as something else...non-IP...an original story that would delve into more of the fantasy/action realm, and take place within the mountain.

It would be separate from the princess themes that dominate most of the fantasyland -- and be something more geared towards boys who want more action. As I'm thinking about it I'll write up the backstory, but essentially my goal would be to keep it set in the medieval time period (maybe even connect it with the Haunted Mansion in the villains land)

It'd have its own theme song -- but until I become a piano master:p it'd be loosely inspired by fantasy-style music from Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Hans Zimmer, and Thomas Bergersen. Traveling up the a mystical mountain with a fantasy tale attached to it, mythical creatures, and more.

I was thinking since your attraction would be more of a walk-through with rich mythos, that it could be included in this show building offering a different tale than the ride, amid the fantasy realm of the mountain

It's a rough idea right now and will probably be better explained as I type it out now. :geek:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Nice!

If I didn't get caught up today -- my goal was to redo the Frozen Mountain as something else...non-IP...an original story that would delve into more of the fantasy/action realm, and take place within the mountain.

It would be separate from the princess themes that dominate most of the fantasyland -- and be something more geared towards boys who want more action. As I'm thinking about it I'll write up the backstory, but essentially my goal would be to keep it set in the medieval time period (maybe even connect it with the Haunted Mansion in the villains land)

It'd have its own theme song -- but until I become a piano master:p it'd be loosely inspired by fantasy-style music from Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Hans Zimmer, and Thomas Bergersen. Traveling up the a mystical mountain with a fantasy tale attached to it, mythical creatures, and more.

I was thinking since your attraction would be more of a walk-through with rich mythos, that it could be included in this show building offering a different tale than the ride, amid the fantasy realm of the mountain

It's a rough idea right now and will probably be better explained as I type it out now. :geek:
For a sample of what music/themes I'm talking about

fd09cf34d0cb35c857fde168cf5fcaa1.jpg

ucchiey-art-lock-dragons-kazamasa-uchio-clouds-fantasy-mountain-rock.jpg

mountain-peaks-fantasy-wallpaper-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom