Cloth Diapers

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
hi,

we CD our son exclusively, but had not taken a long vacation nor have we flown since. this will be the first time, we are thinking on using disposables (yuck) for the first and only time. last year we drove to Disneyland and used Flip disposable system, but for this trip Im afraid of losing or misplacing the covers, plus we will save extra storage in our bags. so I have a couple of questions:

1. what brand of disposables do you recommend,
2. how many will I have to take
3. do they sell diapers at the Pop Century resort and theme parks? (if you happen to know the price too)
4. any other CD parents that can provide tips

thanks!

Last edited:

Disneydreamer23

I do not use cloth but I love LUVS I have used pampers and Huggies as well and all work well. You will pay ALOT buying them at the resort I suggest you bring them or Ship them or if your renting a car do to Publix. If you are staying for 1 week assuming you change like I do. I would use 8 / day so 56 plus extra in case or bowel movements etc I would Bring 75.

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
I do not use cloth but I love LUVS I have used pampers and Huggies as well and all work well. You will pay ALOT buying them at the resort I suggest you bring them or Ship them or if your renting a car do to Publix. If you are staying for 1 week assuming you change like I do. I would use 8 / day so 56 plus extra in case or bowel movements etc I would Bring 75.
:O that's a lot! we wont be renting, and I guess taking that many would be just as expensive if we have to check another bag. is there any way to get to a targe/walmart near by? how much are we talking paying ALOT for diapers inside the resort?

thanks! :)

Much-Pixie-Dust

I have no idea what the cost for diapers are when buying them at the resort, but everything is more expensive at the resort, because there's a convenience cost involved. Since diapers are already a costly expense, I would imagine they would be downright expensive at the resort.

There is a really nice Target on US 192, that quick and convenient to get to from Pop.

Have a great trip!

stevehousse

Diapers will be expensive to buy at the resort gift shops but they do have them. And if u haven't used disposable diapers yet and only cloth, I honestly would go in the differbt diaper websites and sign up for free samples. Some kids like my own can only wear a certain brand while others will give them a bad rash. U don't want that happening on vacation and have to keep using the ones that give the baby a rash jut because u bought so many and r now stuck using them.

I would recomend pampers swaddlers diapers for the little one...they r very comfy and soft...

RememberWhen

Hi!
I think you should consider trying a few brands before you go. We cloth diaper too, but have used sposies for trips. Our little guy is 25 months. We use mostly pull-up style disposal diapers when we use them, do I can't speak to other styles. We like the seventh generation pull ups and the earths best pull ups.
We don't like to let our DS sit in a wet diaper, but if he's in a sposie we will sometimes not change him immediately. Which is to say that you may use slightly fewer diapers than normal.
You can do some research and find some better brands of disposables. The whole foods here (in MA) sells a brand I think is called naty that people we know seem to like. I haven't tried them because we don't use tab (non pull up) diapers.
We've also used the flip system in the past and found it somewhat cumbersome. Have you considered/tried g-diapers? I haven't, but people seem to like their disposable insert system.
We use prefolds with a cover. I am hoping to have our little guy somewhat potty trained before our trip in September, but who knows what will happen. When we were considering an earlier trip someone on the fomums suggested bringing our diapers and washing them there. (You can always strip them when you get home). We were not thrilled about that option because you never know what other people have put through those washers, but iris an option.
Ok. That was a lot more ramble and random thoughts than I meant it to be. If you find something you love let us know what it is! Good luck and enjoy the trip!
-RW

I had to buy diapers at AKL last year because we ran out. They are expensive and only have small packs, not big cases. This year I am going to have my diapers shipped from Amazon directly to the Contemporary using my subscribe and save and prime membership.

amy1985

We exclusively use seventh generation on our son ( now 14 months)- they are chlorine free and have no frangrance and are super absorbent. We have also tried earths best diapers and prefer seventh generation. They sell them at target but not walmart. Also sold on Amazon if you're looking to ship to resort

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
thanks everyone for your tips, has anyone tried Honest diapers? I think we will definately have them shipped to our hotel, good thing is we have enough time to try a couple of brands and decide

stevehousse

thanks everyone for your tips, has anyone tried Honest diapers? I think we will definately have them shipped to our hotel, good thing is we have enough time to try a couple of brands and decide
Honest diapers r great! And they have the cutest designs for boy and girls! We love honest products! They are a little pricier but we do get them every now and then. Our go to is Pampers cruisers or pampers swaddlers depending on which is on sale! My boy can't wear any other brand because he gets rashes from them. It's honest or pampers all the way for us!

DizneyPryncess

We always used Pampers on DD when she was in diapers. For some reason Huggies always leaked on her. I think it depends on each kid though. I agree with sampling a few brands to see what suits your son the best.

One thing I didn't pack last year that I could not find at the resorts was Swimmie diapers. So I'd make sure you pack those if you're going to be swimming at all, or have them delivered to the room. :)

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
We always used Pampers on DD when she was in diapers. For some reason Huggies always leaked on her. I think it depends on each kid though. I agree with sampling a few brands to see what suits your son the best.

One thing I didn't pack last year that I could not find at the resorts was Swimmie diapers. So I'd make sure you pack those if you're going to be swimming at all, or have them delivered to the room. :)
great tip! thanks!

boilerpicc

We had diapers delivered to the resort from gardengrocer.com, along with some snacks and milk for our daughter. It worked out great and saved tons of room in our suitcase. If you aren't there to get the delivery, bell services holds it for you. They have a refrigerator to keep your cold items cold.

We used cloth swim diapers for our daughter for our first couple of trips, and they worked great.

RememberWhen

I'd also recommend the cloth swim diapers. Iplay makes some that are available on amazon or sometimes at target. We love them! They can also double as training pants if they still fit. We bring a few, maybe 3-4, and rinse them then hang them to dry between uses. You could wash them in the sink if need be. The chlorine does a number on bathing suits and such.

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
We had diapers delivered to the resort from gardengrocer.com, along with some snacks and milk for our daughter. It worked out great and saved tons of room in our suitcase. If you aren't there to get the delivery, bell services holds it for you. They have a refrigerator to keep your cold items cold.

We used cloth swim diapers for our daughter for our first couple of trips, and they worked great.
how far in advance did you order them? I think thats the way to go since we wont have a car to go shopping.

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
Honest diapers r great! And they have the cutest designs for boy and girls! We love honest products! They are a little pricier but we do get them every now and then. Our go to is Pampers cruisers or pampers swaddlers depending on which is on sale! My boy can't wear any other brand because he gets rashes from them. It's honest or pampers all the way for us!
i just visited the honest page, and they are not taking orders, only for bundles :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom