Closing time

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Right now, at 7:40PM the wait for Slinky Dog is 40 minutes. The park closes in 20. How is this handled? I'm thinking of a couple of options:
--CM stands at end of line and turns people not in line away and everyone in line at park close gets to ride
--Promptly at closing time the ride shuts down. Folks in line are just sent home.

Thoughts? Personal experience?

2 more days--80% chance of rain on arrival day. I have a poncho and water shoes.....

JIMINYCR

CM's do station themselves so they will tell guests trying to jump in line at closing that the attraction is closed. Anyone that made it into line before the closing point is safe and continues onward to ride. At the point of closing, I have encountered some CM's that were kind and let us jump in as a last rider and others held the policy of no one else gets in. It all depends on how the CM feels at that moment of your request and how gracious you are in asking. There has to be an end and they have to shut down and go home.

Pepper's Ghost

There has to be an end and they have to shut down and go home.
BOOOO!!!!
Boo.gif

Worldlover71

I have not experienced this myself, but I have heard of occasions where they have stopped letting people get on line before closing time. This is rare and only when the line is exceptionally long. Perhaps someone who has experienced this can confirm? Or perhaps it is an urban myth?

Gillyanne

I have encountered some CM's that were kind and let us jump in as a last rider and others held the policy of no one else gets in. It all depends on how the CM feels at that moment of your request and how gracious you are in asking.

I'm not sure if it really would be the "jump" but I have experienced on Slinky Dog specifically that the cast member was there to post at the end of the line. It wasn't quite closing yet, but it was like a minute of. They saw me and another group of two or three people hoofing it up that walkway to get up there so since they saw we were coming, we were still allowed in even if it was technically closing by the time we got up there. I do vaguely remember they kind of giving like an acknowledgment motion of "yes I see you" and me calling up "yes I'm coming please please..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom